Author Topic: Black and White 2  (Read 6137 times)

October 09, 2005, 11:41:56 AM
Read 6137 times

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Well I have been playing BW2 for the past day and I am enjoying it. I've never played the first one so I can't really comment on it in that respect. If you like empire building and some weak RTS battles then you might enjoy this game. Visually its amazing for all the effects and stuff but I think the unit models could of used some work. One thing I would like to mention is the objectives are kind of meh. Like click all the tutorial signs and stuff =p. It can also get kind of overwhelming when you have like 9 different towns each wanting different things =p  I also find its hard to move peasents from one city to the next becuase somtimes you take over a town with no one in it becuase they migrated to your city and you need to make a town of breeders over there and you have to drop and drop 1 by 1 which is annoying. Over all its a fun experience which might be worth picking up if your a fan of those types of games

Graphics: 9/10
Gameplay: 8/10
Fun Factor 8/10

October 10, 2005, 09:13:32 PM
Reply #1

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
you can buy an upgrade that lets you pick up as much as you want, its like a hand vaccuum

October 10, 2005, 10:19:25 PM
Reply #2

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I've played the game a bit so far.. not enough to truly judge it too much.. but..

Graphics-wise its beautiful... especially in the night, lookin at your city and theres little flames and smoke here and there + the music is really nice... so the game basically got me really relaxed... quite peaceful.
Animal is pretty fun to play around with and it annihilates the enemy singlehandedly..

I think the thing about battles being so small is that, the way it lets you control groups of units is just weird so you cant have like 10 groups invading a city.
-_^

October 11, 2005, 05:01:04 AM
Reply #3

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I'm crying right now because I can't afford another video game for the next 4 years...

Oh well... B&W2 on the christmas list you go!  Maby my parents will be generous...
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

October 11, 2005, 10:53:53 PM
Reply #4

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
It's like BnW but instead of it being "see how many people you can kill by long-distance throwing one person" it's an actual game. I quite enjoy playing it so far, especially watching my creature pound on large groups of soldiers :D.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

October 12, 2005, 07:28:15 PM
Reply #5

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
You have to ****ing hold your villagers' hands even more this time. Christ, if we had to be dropped next to a woman to realize we needed to breed, we'd have died off long ago.

Mega micro = not ****ing fun. Sometimes a dude just wants to smash **** with his cat and maybe throw a fireball.
signature

October 12, 2005, 07:50:57 PM
Reply #6

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
um.... no... theyll breed without you. If you dont make disciples the villagers are just kind of on autopilot and do whatever they feel necessary. IN FACT making everyone a disciple is bad, because theyre friggin workaholics and theyll all just want to do their duty instead of sleep or goof around.

(this means they get grumpy and die sooner, making your city less impressive.)

October 12, 2005, 08:04:17 PM
Reply #7

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You have to ****ing hold your villagers' hands even more this time. Christ, if we had to be dropped next to a woman to realize we needed to breed, we'd have died off long ago.

Mega micro = not ****ing fun. Sometimes a dude just wants to smash **** with his cat and maybe throw a fireball.
[snapback]53981[/snapback]
What? Bacon has obviously not played, because my pet takes care of all my villagers. The only thing I have really had to do was build housing. Beats having to sit there and water crops all day trying to feed my people because I haven't got the miracle food spell!

October 13, 2005, 12:32:25 AM
Reply #8

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
You have to watch that stupid pedestal area in each individual village to see if your villagers want your divine intervention to come down and place the frame for a house, a mansion, a temple, or whatever.  Couldn't they go "****, we're sleeping in the streets, let's build some houses"
signature

October 13, 2005, 02:14:43 PM
Reply #9

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
As anarki said its pretty relaxing to play with the music\graphics and I can easily spend hours just building a city.

Although this game has some problems in the fps department... but look at their technical support forums at www.bwgame.com to hear all about that stuff ...

I'd be more fun if i could run it better than 15fps max...

EDIT: Also after quitting a level i'm on because the creature is a damn idiot... the AI can be really frustrating sometimes... example: a impressed town was coming to my city then the enemy made a earthquake epic in front of them and they just walked right into the abyss and died... it was pretty sad watching them slowly walk up to it and just fall in.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 08:59:37 PM by aeroripper »

October 13, 2005, 03:14:03 PM
Reply #10

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You have to watch that stupid pedestal area in each individual village to see if your villagers want your divine intervention to come down and place the frame for a house, a mansion, a temple, or whatever.  Couldn't they go "****, we're sleeping in the streets, let's build some houses"
[snapback]53989[/snapback]
Because the gods would get angry if the people made executive decisions! Feel my firey wrath underlings! *burns villagers*

October 13, 2005, 08:55:32 PM
Reply #11

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
You have to watch that stupid pedestal area in each individual village to see if your villagers want your divine intervention to come down and place the frame for a house, a mansion, a temple, or whatever.  Couldn't they go "****, we're sleeping in the streets, let's build some houses"
[snapback]53989[/snapback]

dont you have to place  your own buildings in every game?

real time strategy not real time sit there and watch

October 13, 2005, 10:08:47 PM
Reply #12

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
if everything in a game did everything by itself there wouldnt be much of a point to the game then...
-_^

October 15, 2005, 04:33:35 PM
Reply #13

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
my tiger has become very evil

He's so evil that if he stands in one place for too long, all the grass dies and the ground becomes charred and magma cracks are visible.
Hes no longer orange with black stripes... instead he's more like brownish grey, he's got enourmous muscles on his shoulders, chest, and arms. Maybe ill get some screenshots up in a while.... he got in fights with another creature and now he's got some really cool scars, including one that goes accross his now lost left eye.

thats right a one eyed evil tiger with lightning abilities.

Its really awesome to watch him shoot the lightning, he roars and throws his arms back and the thunder and crackle goes all over the place, i love it.

b&w 2=own

October 15, 2005, 05:54:57 PM
Reply #14

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
got a tiger eh? ;)

i like my wolf, he's pretty funny.
-_^

October 16, 2005, 02:46:56 AM
Reply #15

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Damn, I need to get this game. It sounds a 1000 times better than B&W (and I liked the original).
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

October 16, 2005, 09:21:53 AM
Reply #16

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
I nearly wept with joy when my tiger threw a fireball at a platoon of 100 archers and they all died INSTANTLY. Then he pooped on their graveyard and set fire to the nursery, all on free will mind you. Never been more proud of the little guy.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 09:22:10 AM by Vinegar Ninja »

October 16, 2005, 07:53:33 PM
Reply #17

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
mine only has lightning and  i havent seen him throw it, he jsut casts it at whatever is on his feet.

October 17, 2005, 02:57:27 PM
Reply #18

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Mine usually just grabs a tree and smashes platoons with it, funny to watch them go flying :D. He's a good aligned wolf too, so he's all white and pretty with some new scars from his recent battle(he whooped the crap out of the enemy).

October 17, 2005, 03:35:05 PM
Reply #19

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
i played for a couple hours yesterday, and my wolf is pretty well balanced but a little more to the evil side, i like how its snout grew longer and.. well.. evil looking.
-_^