Author Topic: My Map  (Read 5029 times)

July 14, 2005, 12:52:38 PM
Read 5029 times

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
alright, as a test of my leet mapping skill, I decided to make a map of my own house.  I've gotten most of the basement done, but I'm having some trouble.  about half of the prop_static things I put in dont appear.  They arent just invisible(which has happened, and I know ow to fix), they just plain arent there.  

I have tried the valve-sponsored fix for this, which is to set startfadedist to -1 and endfadedist to 0, thereby telling the engine not to fade at all.  

What should I do? HELP
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

July 15, 2005, 01:58:58 AM
Reply #1

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
alright, as a test of my leet mapping skill, I decided to make a map of my own house.  I've gotten most of the basement done, but I'm having some trouble.  about half of the prop_static things I put in dont appear.  They arent just invisible(which has happened, and I know ow to fix), they just plain arent there. 

I have tried the valve-sponsored fix for this, which is to set startfadedist to -1 and endfadedist to 0, thereby telling the engine not to fade at all. 

What should I do? HELP
[snapback]52199[/snapback]
It's a really stupid feature hammer 4 inclues that basicly sets the vis range for static objects so they are exorbidantly small radiuses.  I can't remember what the variable is called but it's one of the entities properties, it needs to be set from whatever it is to something more reasonable that makes the vis sphere engulf the whole room, rather then just a 2 foot sphere around the object.

[edit] seems like you already tryed that... try large numbers rather then infinate numbers and see if it makes a difference.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 01:59:47 AM by SwiftSpear »
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

July 15, 2005, 08:03:10 AM
Reply #2

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Houses don't make good game maps for anything, they're not balanced :p
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

July 15, 2005, 08:56:30 AM
Reply #3

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
[snapback]52215[/snapback]

..Hide and Seek

Bryan
1987 Keller, Tx spelling bee champ.

July 24, 2005, 12:21:56 PM
Reply #4

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
[snapback]52215[/snapback]

..Hide and Seek

Bryan
[snapback]52218[/snapback]

...Alien Flashlight

July 24, 2005, 01:24:57 PM
Reply #5

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
.. decency :)
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

August 03, 2005, 01:37:45 PM
Reply #6

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Alright, thanks for the non-suggestions.  The intent is not to have a house be the only part of the map.  My intention was to have ct's start out in the front yard, with the t's in the back.   THe two bomb sites would be in the basement and in the master bathroom, on the top floor.  Multiple access points would be provided for each floor, and the attempt would be to make it balanced for between eight and sixteen players.  Thoughts?

PLease, I know it's cs, don't flame me out of it.
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

August 03, 2005, 01:57:05 PM
Reply #7

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
deadly robot lawn mower.

Bryan
1987 Keller, Tx spelling bee champ.