Author Topic: Terrorism  (Read 15640 times)

July 17, 2005, 06:52:32 PM
Reply #60

ziggot

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
You never said anything about rape or Hitler, just something about marriage.

I never said I agreed with the war in Iraq either, in fact, I hate it. We need to stay but we should never have gone.

These children that are dieing arent hypothetical, they are real. It almost sounds like you think im exaggerating or making it up. None of the media outlets actually report what happens in the world, just what boosts ratings or pushes an agenda. Dont marginalize innocent children, they deserve your concern as much as the ivory coast.

I do understand that fundamentalist muslims have their own beliefs. Im not retarded, im just oppinionated, against people who kill everything indescriminitely.

Agreeing that everyone is right doesnt work in reality. Sounds great in books, doesnt work in real life, like communism.

July 17, 2005, 08:21:40 PM
Reply #61

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Honestly, I don't think Hitler was 'evil'.  'Evil' is just a stupid word to use anywhere.  Sure, he was a mean old bastard.  Call him unsympathetic.  Call him a murderer.  Call him stone cold.  Call him  opinionated.  Just forget about the term 'evil' - it's way too biblical.

Second, I never said that I, personally think that everybody is right.  I said that everybody thinks they're right from their own side, and therefore there can't really be a true right.  My viewpoint is no more worthy than your own. That's pretty tough to disprove.

July 18, 2005, 12:15:32 PM
Reply #62

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Honestly, I don't think Hitler was 'evil'.  'Evil' is just a stupid word to use anywhere.  Sure, he was a mean old bastard.  Call him unsympathetic.  Call him a murderer.  Call him stone cold.  Call him  opinionated.  Just forget about the term 'evil' - it's way too biblical.

Second, I never said that I, personally think that everybody is right.  I said that everybody thinks they're right from their own side, and therefore there can't really be a true right.  My viewpoint is no more worthy than your own. That's pretty tough to disprove.
[snapback]52273[/snapback]
Any belief that can lead to the statement that 'evil' isn't a good word to describe Hitler.. is a pretty stupid belief.  :p It doesn't matter how you explain it, it's just plain dumb.
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

July 18, 2005, 12:52:55 PM
Reply #63

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
ok how about he is only evil because we won.

Bryan

personaly i think he as brilant and insane...very bad combo....much like Einstine only he has succes on his side and a few less deaths from his work.(not many i think)

1987 Keller, Tx spelling bee champ.

July 18, 2005, 08:44:08 PM
Reply #64

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
humans are the only species to murder eachother

Sadly this is in fact total and utter bs. Moving along...

Statistics are fun. Stalin said "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a
statistic". Hiroshima and Nagasaki were statistics. Bombing Red Cross centres and village marriages are statistics. Lockerbie was a statistic.

Further, Bush was onto a winner when he invaded Iraq, because either he or his "advisors" knew that the populace would be too stubbornminded/"patriotic"/stupid to vote in anyone who would even remotely withdraw the troops from Iraq. Understand that it would not do to be seen to leave a job half done (hello Afghanistan, how are you today?) nor would it be actually admit to a mistake in policy. And for that you deservedly doomed, if not damned.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

July 18, 2005, 10:33:03 PM
Reply #65

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
There is nothing fundamental about wrongness.  The 'reasonable standards' that you speak of are societal and human.  Just leave nature out of this.  Nature does not feel and, to be honest, nature doesn't give a damn whether or not you shoot a man just to watch him die.  Nature is ice cool.  Nature is calm as a Hindu cow.

Osama Bin Laden is not evil.  Maybe you don't like him, but to his own people he is a hero in all senses of the word.  And I can guarantee that neither of you are ultimately correct in your assertion.  Osama Bin Laden, like everything and everyone else in the world, just exists.  The mind shades that existence (black, white, gray, etc.).

Now, obviously I have pretty strong opinions of my own.  I think that George is a crook and that most political men aren't any better; the Iraq War does not agree with me; I think Salman Rushdie is the greatest author in the world.  I just try my best not to believe that such opinions accurately represent the way that things really are.
[snapback]52231[/snapback]
Damn, I missed this before...

I personally belive there is an ultimate moral standard...  Yes I am still forced to agree with dubb, because I really don't belive humans know/understand the moral standard.  To me that is the nature of sin, the loss of the knowledge of what is good, we know both good and evil, not definitively one or the other.  People have all constructed moral axioms around themselfs however, and I think most of those contain some hint of the original goodness of the first one, but obviously there is so much difference between them all that they all can't be right.  I think the safest bet is to keep it relitively simple, and then see anything outside of the simplest of moral conundrums as a shade of gray.  For instance, murder is wrong because it is essentially one human being evoking his will against another's will to live, in so essensially claiming that he/she is greater then all other humans, which we can see as a logical phalacy, because every human belives themself as the greatest.  Rape falls along the same lines, but rather then the ending of a human entity, it is the damanging of a human entity.  Personally I also add selfishness too my list, because it seems to be the root of all pain in the world.  Anything else either falls partially into one of those catagoires or does not, and thus is a shade of gray based on how close or far it falls.
[snapback]52270[/snapback]

ok how about he is only evil because we won.

Bryan

personaly i think he as brilant and insane...very bad combo....much like Einstine only he has succes on his side and a few less deaths from his work.(not many i think)
[snapback]52284[/snapback]

Bryan, Hitler was not at all insane. "Insane" is all to often improperly  used... Hitler was perfectly sane in that everything he did was quite meticulously rationalized and organized. We say he was insane because he simply operated on what we see as a flawed rationale. He was a sociopath. Not crazy.

Swift... simply if the Bible teaches us that all sins are equal, in that they are sins... then how can there be gray area? murder is every bit as bad as petty theft or even lying in the eyes of the only true Judge, God.

July 19, 2005, 12:47:09 AM
Reply #66

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
All sins are equil in the eyes of God... I don't understand the nature of sin, I see through human prespective.  I see shades of gray because I can't see the moral axioms that God can.  I want to play it safe, and from history, I see men like hitler or stalin end up getting alot of people killed doing what they belive is the right thing, just because they hardline to one side or another.  I think the truth lies somewhere down the middle, so I perfer to not try to build my own hard moral agenda and judge others based on it, but to try to hit the real one as close as possible, understanding that I, nor anyone else, is dead on the mark.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

July 19, 2005, 08:09:09 AM
Reply #67

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
[snapback]52294[/snapback]
By murder I meant killing that is not necessary, or warranted in any way.
Best thread ever

July 19, 2005, 08:36:45 AM
Reply #68

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Sure, but it's a lot easier than diplomacy, ain't it?

July 19, 2005, 03:04:32 PM
Reply #69

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
Bryan, Hitler was not at all insane. "Insane" is all to often improperly  used... Hitler was perfectly sane in that everything he did was quite meticulously rationalized and organized. We say he was insane because he simply operated on what we see as a flawed rationale. He was a sociopath. Not crazy.

Low Man, I really think that sanaty is based almost compleatly on social standerds.... that being said you have a point.

Bryan
1987 Keller, Tx spelling bee champ.

July 19, 2005, 03:23:17 PM
Reply #70

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
[snapback]52294[/snapback]
By murder I meant killing that is not necessary, or warranted in any way.
[snapback]52301[/snapback]

nah, there has been Gorilla females that has killed gorilla-babies, and then she ate them with her baby.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

July 19, 2005, 09:37:41 PM
Reply #71

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Gorillas are evolutionarily close to humans though! Which could mean that murder is natural, for more evolved creatures.. doh. :p
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 09:38:10 PM by Goldy »
Best thread ever

July 20, 2005, 11:28:01 AM
Reply #72

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Dolphins do it, killer whales do it, various species of chimp do it. Torture is quite popular in the animal kingdom.

On a related note, murder is always "warranted", either because you were hungry, the voice in your head told you to, you always wanted to kill someone, etc etc etc. There's always a motive  :D
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

July 21, 2005, 11:01:26 AM
Reply #73

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
4 more bombs went off today in London, luckily only 1 person was injured. Bastards...

July 21, 2005, 12:13:45 PM
Reply #74

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
4 more bombs went off today in London, luckily only 1 person was injured. Bastards...
[snapback]52357[/snapback]

yes and from what i hear the guy injured was a bomber anyway.

gfg terrorists

July 21, 2005, 12:36:16 PM
Reply #75

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I can't imagine it's the same group.. since no one at all died, compared with over 50 deaths the first time.
Best thread ever

July 21, 2005, 03:58:27 PM
Reply #76

SgtFury

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
From what Ive seen the 2nd lot were badly made and didnt explode properly.... news said detonators only..... and the bus inhabitants got covered in white powder (acetone peroxide i think they said) which is exactly the same as the first set.