Author Topic: Terrorism  (Read 16383 times)

July 08, 2005, 01:09:47 PM
Reply #20

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
No but seriously.  

The country is still on yellow alert (The Department of Homeland Security: 'the mass transit portion of the transportation sector which includes only regional and inter-city passenger rail, subways and metropolitan bus systems' are on SUPER HIGH ORANGE ALERT).

If you find yourself riding a bus or train you'd better watch your steppin', ese.  Things could get real ugly.

July 08, 2005, 05:55:15 PM
Reply #21

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Whats that you say Lassie? Old Bushie has crashed his bicycle?? HIT THE ORANGE ALERT!! INCOMING CLOUD, GO TO DEFCON ONE!!!
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

July 08, 2005, 09:55:33 PM
Reply #22

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Or all these could simply be government acts to usher in eventual matial law etc.
[snapback]52038[/snapback]
And the Illuminati are secretly running the world. Really, it's so silly when people talk about martial law simply because the government is doing what it can to avoid massive civilian casualities.

Bryan, I think that after 9/11 people are always going to feel a little bit afraid when a terrorist attack happens somewhere in the world, especially on public transit. The added security and such from an upgraded alert lessens that unavoidable fear.
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

July 09, 2005, 10:17:36 AM
Reply #23

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I disagree.  The national alert system creates unnecessary fear.  It was just as dangerous to ride those trains or buses ten minutes before this thing happened - it just took this act to make us realize that danger.  The trouble with the color alert system is that it's completely reactionary - we're always that proverbial one step behind and this just proves it.  Now we'll tighten security at bus and train stations and the next thing that's blown up will be an dam.  You can see where this is going.

Recall the veracity of the labor strikes in depression-era California; if a striker was killed by the law-men, it made the strike movement stronger, more unified, and more valid in the eyes of the strikers.  Apprehension was erased, the whole thing became dead serious and it aimed right where it needed to aim.  Once they were organized, the workers won most of these strikes. And no, America does not represent the strikers.  You fill in the blank.

Like then, you just can't fight 'terror' with violence.  Violence creates additional 'terror'; it stengthens 'terrorist' resolve.  It's just one of many painful lessons that the western world needs to learn for itself, preferably sooner rather than later.

July 09, 2005, 10:36:10 AM
Reply #24

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I think Dubb hit the nail right on the head there.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

July 10, 2005, 07:28:49 AM
Reply #25

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Remember the govt trying to sneak through various acts designed to effectively remove freedoms that you are entitled to enjoy?

Oh, but thats ok, because there's a war on.

Torturing prisoners in a camp, dropping bombs on weddings?

Oh, but thats ok, because there's a war on.

Vitally important election, where the elected President will quite possibly have to choose several new members of the Supreme Court? Lets not forget that the Supreme Court is elected for life, which makes it important to make balanced choices... and not staff it with fundamental extremists.

Ah yes, but we MUST vote Bush, because there's a war on, and to vote anyone else would be to show a lack of conviction, to tell the terrorists "oh we made the wrong choice going to war".

And you don't think its about fear?

Fear makes people malleable, because they will cling to anything that will make them forget their fear, or anything which claims to cure their fear entirely. Fear gives those a power a viable reason to do whatever they like. The scared little sheep will trot along happily, because the government is taking steps to remove their fears.

Fear is employed as an interrogation tool, as an instrument of torture, as a way to BREAK PEOPLE, purely because they will cling to anything that will make them fear less.

You can look all the way back through history for many MANY examples of fear ruling a people.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

July 11, 2005, 12:39:45 PM
Reply #26

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
Or all these could simply be government acts to usher in eventual matial law etc.
[snapback]52038[/snapback]
And the Illuminati are secretly running the world. Really, it's so silly when people talk about martial law simply because the government is doing what it can to avoid massive civilian casualities.

Bryan, I think that after 9/11 people are always going to feel a little bit afraid when a terrorist attack happens somewhere in the world, especially on public transit. The added security and such from an upgraded alert lessens that unavoidable fear.
[snapback]52055[/snapback]

the goverment will do whatever it is that we think that it will never do.

your right fear is with us all but, fear is a bad thing and i dont thing color coding the problem lessens anything. The worst combo is fear and stupidy and our country is flooded with the later.

Bryan
1987 Keller, Tx spelling bee champ.

July 11, 2005, 02:16:56 PM
Reply #27

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
i gave a speech in class over the alert system, or rather how dumb it was once... and iirc the statistics i found showed that we've never been lower than yellow. or perhaps it was the one below yellow.

and seriously who do you know actually gets afraid when "ZOMGZ THE SUBWAY IS AT ORANGE!!" the color alert fails because noone cares about it.

the martial law thing is kind of silly... i mean cmon now... what motive does the government have to do that. Why on earth would they WANT to spend time money and other resorces trying to keep people locked up and under control when thats so difficult to do, especially for a country of people who cherish their freedoms as much as we do. Cmon they cant even try to properly seperate church and state without all sorts of protests and such.

Not that they would have to "usher in eventual" marshal law, all they have to do is just say okay people youre now our bitches. If thats what they wanted to do... which its not....

July 11, 2005, 02:26:28 PM
Reply #28

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
therefore do not worry about tomarrow for tomarrow will worry about it self.

Bryan

perhaps i sound like a consperie theriest but in the mater of goverment I am stupid (same with spelling) and I am scarded. I also have this niave idea that things will inprove when bush is no longer in office.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 02:28:31 PM by Bryan »

July 11, 2005, 02:42:52 PM
Reply #29

SuicidaL MonkeY

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Unless the goverment was Directly under attack i dont think they will be going to martial law anytime soon, my god i wish they did in canada, lol. I could officially sit outside my house in a rocking chair cleaning my gun, cuz i wouldnt go nowhere.

Terrorism is a problem thats happened in the world a long time before it hit USA, where bush and his administration coinphrased the word "Terrorism" the same way Trump with, "Your Fired", they are both embeded into our skulls because we heard it over and over and over and over. They associate Terrorism with Fear, they are spending Billions on a war that will be bigger than Vietnam when its over, they repeatedly say Terrorism, people go out and buy things labeled to protect them from Terrorism, goverments work in interesting ways.

I just hope Bush doesn't **** up his talks with North Korea, seriously.

July 11, 2005, 08:13:18 PM
Reply #30

Spectre X

• Skulk

• View Profile
Whats that you say Lassie? Old Bushie has crashed his bicycle?? HIT THE ORANGE ALERT!! INCOMING CLOUD, GO TO DEFCON ONE!!!
[snapback]52053[/snapback]
Ha Ha. that seems to be the way things work around hear, no? all i think the warning level does is give me one hell of a harder time to go on vacation. period

July 11, 2005, 09:02:31 PM
Reply #31

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
people go out and buy things labeled to protect them from Terrorism
[snapback]52114[/snapback]
What, like a bottle of Terror-Off body spray? What are you talking about? :p
Best thread ever

July 11, 2005, 10:45:56 PM
Reply #32

ziggot

• Skulk

• View Profile
For anyone who is seriously worried about martial law, dont be. It would be impossible to implement with todays military. As a soldier i cant think of a feasible reason why I would carry out an order to patrol American streets. It just wont happen.

I cant stand that color coded system. The only useful purpose I see is that it attempts to keep people kind of informed, but it really doesnt. Id rather they make a bigger deal of publicizing the people they catch, and the attacks they stop.

July 14, 2005, 07:22:10 AM
Reply #33

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Goldfish, you live in Boston? I was just on vacation there, not more than two days ago. They installed some new toll thingy; it's got these fancy ticket machines to replace the tokens.

July 14, 2005, 07:34:03 AM
Reply #34

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
people go out and buy things labeled to protect them from Terrorism
[snapback]52114[/snapback]
What, like a bottle of Terror-Off body spray? What are you talking about? :p
[snapback]52121[/snapback]
Remember when the government told us to buy duct tape and plastic wrap to seal up our houses?  Many people really did that.

July 14, 2005, 09:20:12 AM
Reply #35

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I live in a suburb and take the subway into Boston, both for work and school. I don't know what toll thing you're talking about though.. I don't drive in, if that's the kind of toll you mean.

Well, Monkey was talking about "terrorism" being imbedded in our brains by the government, like Trump's "You're fired." I'm not so sure the government did that. For me, at least, it was more the two huge frigging buildings falling down in the middle of New York City after commercial planes flew into them and exploded, killing a ton of innocent people. I guess for our government that kind of incidacted something we should be a little more concerned about. But I agree with Monkey actually.. darn those politicians with their sneaky coinphrases, all in an effort to make people buy duct tape and plastic wrap!!

In fact I bet Osama, along with Tom Ridge and possibly the entire Bush family, are secret partners with the Scotch company.
Best thread ever

July 14, 2005, 11:31:04 AM
Reply #36

Bryan

• Gorge

• View Profile
:lol: that was the most witty thing i have herd all day.  

...:help:

Bryan

July 14, 2005, 11:38:52 AM
Reply #37

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
I live in a suburb and take the subway into Boston, both for work and school. I don't know what toll thing you're talking about though.. I don't drive in, if that's the kind of toll you mean.

Well, Monkey was talking about "terrorism" being imbedded in our brains by the government, like Trump's "You're fired." I'm not so sure the government did that. For me, at least, it was more the two huge frigging buildings falling down in the middle of New York City after commercial planes flew into them and exploded, killing a ton of innocent people. I guess for our government that kind of incidacted something we should be a little more concerned about. But I agree with Monkey actually.. darn those politicians with their sneaky coinphrases, all in an effort to make people buy duct tape and plastic wrap!!

In fact I bet Osama, along with Tom Ridge and possibly the entire Bush family, are secret partners with the Scotch company.
[snapback]52193[/snapback]

they didnt fall. they were knocked down by evil men with no regard to innocent life.
dont ever forget that ever so important detail.

July 14, 2005, 12:26:44 PM
Reply #38

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Oh, I was talking about the Boston tram. Normally, you have to buy a token to pay your way so you can board the train by walking through the rotating bars. They changed one of the entrances so that you have to buy a ticket and go through these sliding panels.

July 14, 2005, 12:30:01 PM
Reply #39

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Hundreds of thousands of people who are infinitely more innocent die every day in Africa, alone.  Such situations help one get some perspective on matters; they tend to put 9/11 in its place.

Truth is, I do not value the lives of those three thousand people who died on 9/11 any more than the life of any other human being.  Far as I'm concerned (and I am very concerned), If you're going to mourn the loss of life perpetrated by evil men, look to Africa, look to the Ivory Coast, or look to Iraq.  America knows nothing about losses the way that such people do.  I never understood how folks can lose their grasp on essential humanity in the name of some animal cause.  Well **** that - that's just not something I stand for.

So answer me this: why do you, personally, value the lives of those those three thousand American people more highly than any three thousand innocent people killed in Afghanistan?  Why is Osama Bin Laden any more evil than the American army?  Because he made us bleed first?

Christ it's all so senseless.