Author Topic: Getting to know the community  (Read 6292 times)

June 29, 2005, 11:34:35 PM
Read 6292 times

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
For some of the users who don't use IRC, and everyone in general I think this thread is a good way to get to know your fellow community members on a personal basis. We'll be tight yo!

Well, I graduated highschool and don't plan to go to college yet. I'm still unsure of what I'd like to do with my life and don't want to drop money "just because" or on something that I THINK I'd like to do but are still weary of.

Right now I work in a sporting goods warehouse. Basically I ship and recieve things for our head store. Occasionally I go and collect orders for customers. An example would be if a customer wants a shotgun, I go find the gun he wanted and then either myself or someone else would take it and wrap it up real nice and send it to him. I get a good workout from it and work with some close friends (like Greenground).

A bit about my friends.

When I'm not at home calling vinnie an ass I'm across the street at my main man Nigel's place playing gamecube and watching movies. He's been one of my best friends since grade 6. We watch wrestling together everytime it's on and play Day Of Reckoning on NGC daily.I work with him and he's a bit quirky. He's never had a girlfriend but he's real nice. I think if he'd stop trying so hard to make everyone like him he'd find one easy.

Green you know about, he's retarded to boot.

Ben is ****ing retarded alot of the time. He's described his perfect woman as someone with my personality who looks more like a woman. He says he's a communist existentialist which is crap. He essentially hates all new video game systems because they aren't the SNES. He has the exact opposite taste in movies as me but he stands by me through and through. He split my head open playfighting and rode to the hospital with me, waited while I got stitches and had to work 2 hours from when we got home. Good guy.

I enjoy a good malt liquor. 40 oz beers served icy cold are prime after a day at my job. I drink at least 3 a week. 1 for WWE Raw, one for Smackdown, one Friday nights and the occasional one inbetween.

NEXT! I'll add to this if I ever think of more.
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

June 29, 2005, 11:45:22 PM
Reply #1

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
hmmmm.... im just rocking my summer away in my sexeh basement...
last year of high school is coming up so i guess i should get my ass in gear..
as in goin out and finally gettin a job and liscence.

rat12321/kirby or whatever he goes by nowadays is an ok chap.. a bit moody at times but at least he has a liscence so we can go places :)

yeah nothing else to say... i always have a nice big pitcher of tea by my side.. nice and hot with freshly squeezed lemons too... none of that already in a bottle crap. (unlike rat with his stupid instant iced tea bs. yeah.) keeps me refreshed through the hours of sitting here!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 11:46:30 PM by Anarki3x6 »
-_^

June 29, 2005, 11:59:49 PM
Reply #2

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, I graduated from high school about a month ago. I've applied at 2 jobs because I am lazy. Gone to a lot of parties and laugh at my friends who get MIPs (got to be a little smarter). I also want to go camping again before the summer ends. I need to get my ass motivated so I can make some money to go towards a new computer. I'm going to the University of Michigan (computer engineering) in the fall.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

June 30, 2005, 12:01:45 AM
Reply #3

ziggot

• Skulk

• View Profile
I dont do anything really. I havent got a job yet since getting back form Iraq but I have an interview with UPS on tuesday at freaking 4 in the morning.

I make pretty decent money from the government though, they pay my tuition and then the GI bill gives me 600ish a month spending cash. Plus they keep sending me to training which makes me money. I go to Airborne school in August.

Since I just turned 21 yesterday Ill probably spend most of my time drunk for a while, even though my friends and quite a few strangers almost killed me last night in downtown Denver with insane amounts of alcohol.

im an airsoft fanatic too, my friends and I are driving to Cali in a week or two to play in a big tourny out there.

June 30, 2005, 08:28:22 AM
Reply #4

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Ahh, I'm a big airsoft fan as well, but I don't really go to tournaments. It's just a hobby for me.

I'm going to be a high school senior next year. I was looking for jobs, but all of my first picks were out because everyone applies during the summer. I went for community service instead.

On the days that I'm not working, I'm usually sleeping, on the computer, or playing Xbox games (Ninja Gaiden).

Oh, and have fun at U-M, Mal. Being a resident of southeast Michigan, the University of Michigan is pretty much the automatic first pick. That's the way it is where I live.

June 30, 2005, 08:52:17 AM
Reply #5

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
Im a studend at the University of Oklahoma ( largest public uni in Oklahoma, one of the 50 states)

i go to the occasional party, but i spend most of my time studying my ass off, the balance left usually gets spent on mah comp.

i write poetry,( part of how i got into the uni, awesome-1337 writing skillz) read ALOT, and love the hell out of the discovery channel

jackass is my guilty pleasure
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

June 30, 2005, 09:04:23 AM
Reply #6

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
my tv down here mostly has the history channel on all day

<3 the shows on the history channel, especially modern marvels because they go really in depth on simple things!
-_^

June 30, 2005, 09:27:53 AM
Reply #7

Wolfwood

• Skulk

• View Profile
I'm going into my Junior year of high school, and setting high expectations for myself. I'm looking to get into some Ivy League school (highly doubtful, but a guy can dream) in a science program, but we'll see where my grades can get me.

Outside of academics, I usually hang out/party with friends on a weekly basis. We go to the shore every summer, etc etc.

Also... I'm a music freak. Marching band extraordinaire. Trumpeter, to be (co)section leader senior year. Teaching myself to play guitar, and attempting to re-learn piano to some vague extent. I don't plan to make a living on music, but I find it a good hobby to keep.

I'm a procrastinator to an extreme extent, and that should be the only thing that would keep me out of an ivy league school -_-.

Spending my summer lounging around, amongst taking summer school gym so I don't have to take it ever again. In recent weeks, I've gone through various RPG video games (kotor 1 + 2) and vowed to never play them again as they're taking up a vast amount of my time (30+ hrs each). Mmmm.... and....rarara... I like movies, long walks on the beach, drinking pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.

Oh, y yo sé español.

June 30, 2005, 10:02:38 AM
Reply #8

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
im a pizza cutter. I have a lovely girlfriend, a piece of crap car that im also in love with, and a host of neat friends.

Most of my friends are girls, but i have about 3 dude friends who ive known basically all my life.

Im a scorpio who enjoys cuddling,  the sound of the rain, and a good cup of mint tea.

:p

seriously though, mint tea is delicious

June 30, 2005, 10:16:21 AM
Reply #9

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I was looking for jobs, but all of my first picks were out because everyone applies during the summer.

Oh, and have fun at U-M, Mal. Being a resident of southeast Michigan, the University of Michigan is pretty much the automatic first pick. That's the way it is where I live.
[snapback]51724[/snapback]
Yeah it's pretty hard to find jobs in Michigan (especially in St. Clair County). So we probably live pretty close (less than a couple of hours away). I do plan on having a lot of fun btw. :D
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

June 30, 2005, 12:25:06 PM
Reply #10

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
I’ve been waiting to reply so I wasn’t the eldest one in the post… but oh-well.  Hoots is slacking off today.

I am a Minnesota native (Twin Cities area), went to college at UW-River Falls.  In the summer of 2001 I graduated college, got married, and moved to California.  I got a job working here as a database programmer, and my husband started grad school at UC-Davis (working towards his Ph.D. in Physics).

Bought a house in 2002, got a doggie shortly after that (Schnapps, my beloved German Shepherd), and within the past few months found out we are <finally> pregnant!  Baby is due in December of this year  :D

The plan is for my husband to finish up his degree in late 2006, early 2007 and we’ll pack up and move to wherever he gets the best job offering (*fingers crossed for the MN area*)  Plus at that point in time <hopefully> I can officially become a stay at home mommy.    ^_^

June 30, 2005, 03:12:56 PM
Reply #11

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I work as lemon tester in a lemon factory. Lemons are not manufactured, you say? Why, I beg to differ.

When I'm not doing that, I go to Northeastern University in Boston.  :D
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

June 30, 2005, 05:54:48 PM
Reply #12

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I'm 22 (older than most of you :-P) and work at a retail store in lincoln, nebraska.  I dropped out of the university because i hated the "college" atmosphere, or at least the university atmosphere.  When i'm not working my grueling 25-30hr a week job, i play NS and hang out with the g/f and drink steadily increasing amounts of booze.

I live in a low rent wonderfully decreped neighborhood with 5-10 dangerous looking minorities that hang out in the parking lot right outside my apartment window every night till 2 in the morning. I ride with a '89 celebrity eurosport with defective paint and many rust spots and shot shocks. Now that wars back in style maybe i'll get drafted and have something fun to do.

EDIT: A lemon tester?? HAHHA that's awesome!  :p
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 06:27:57 PM by aeroripper »

June 30, 2005, 06:47:35 PM
Reply #13

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
I dunno, if I were a lemon tester, my face would get pretty scrunched after about three years on the job.

June 30, 2005, 09:15:09 PM
Reply #14

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I’ve been waiting to reply so I wasn’t the eldest one in the post… but oh-well.  Hoots is slacking off today.

I am a Minnesota native (Twin Cities area), went to college at UW-River Falls.  In the summer of 2001 I graduated college, got married, and moved to California.  I got a job working here as a database programmer, and my husband started grad school at UC-Davis (working towards his Ph.D. in Physics).

Bought a house in 2002, got a doggie shortly after that (Schnapps, my beloved German Shepherd), and within the past few months found out we are <finally> pregnant!  Baby is due in December of this year  :D

The plan is for my husband to finish up his degree in late 2006, early 2007 and we’ll pack up and move to wherever he gets the best job offering (*fingers crossed for the MN area*)  Plus at that point in time <hopefully> I can officially become a stay at home mommy.    ^_^
[snapback]51737[/snapback]

Grats gray!

I'm a College student by day, Ice-cream slinger in the afternoon, and Bible-thumping crazy by night. Seriously though, when I'm not taking classes or studying or working, I'm usually taking a pretty active role in my church, hanging out with various people, and spending some scraps of the time I have left rolling d20s and playing games.

I go to OSU, where I'm majoring in Chemistry and Philosophy; I fence Epee with the local club too. Kind of an eclectic collection of activities.

June 30, 2005, 09:21:39 PM
Reply #15

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I dunno, if I were a lemon tester, my face would get pretty scrunched after about three years on the job.
[snapback]51747[/snapback]
I could tell you such stories, you would not believe... but no. Just know that many a lemon tester has been destroyed by the lemon testing industry and it is not something to joke about.
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

June 30, 2005, 10:30:39 PM
Reply #16

confused!

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.confusionville.net
well.

I'm 22 and three days old. i graduated from western albemarle high shcool  in may of 2001. and Indiana University in december of last year with a degree in history and one in politics, mninors in western europena studies as well as russia and eastern europe. essentially if it happened in eastern europe in teh 20th century i have aat least read about it.

During my time in college, i threw a party which made it into the pages of time magazine, didn't meet the girl of my dreams, and learned to hate snow.

After school, i moved home to charlotesville, virginia, home of the University of Virginia.  its nice to be back with the family. my dad is university, psych professor. and my mother is a cancer councelor at a private hospital .  i have two brothers, one older and one younger.

i am currently employed by Bodo's bagels. which has recently opened a new store, our third. i am the closing manager 4 nights a week.  i worked as an employee during the last year of highschool and was interviewed in the store we just opened. the project has been in progrees for ten years. literally.

in terms of people i hang out with.

the guess i hang out with are all nerds. i actually live at RCG  with a guy you all may have played ns with called uberpea / paul.   i used to hang out wih James T Kliss prior to leaving indiana.
he plays as Prof Chaos. and is a total sucker.

now then im off, i need a beer.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 09:16:18 AM by confused! »
HUEG SIGNATURE IS NUKED

July 01, 2005, 01:21:28 AM
Reply #17

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Hai

TAK here,
Graduated from Davis Senior high, the hippie town I've lived in all my life in 04. I could have walked 03' but my school neglected to inform me, no worries I lettered my senior year

Been with the server [it's not really TLM to me, but "the server"] since the days of 1.xx
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

July 01, 2005, 10:55:30 PM
Reply #18

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Well I just graduated from grade nine, and entering high school. I work as a busboy at a Ricky's All Day. That's about it, since there's nothing much about me.

July 01, 2005, 11:59:05 PM
Reply #19

Asurada

• Skulk

• View Profile
hmmm...I am in my last year of high school in richmond hill, ontario. I am intend to get a part-time sometime this summer. As you all know, i am chinese with a uber chinese accent. Have been friends with Lito since grade 10, we were in the same math class using the abacus to do calculus! (j/k not abacus and not calculus, just a normal gr 10 math class) Most of my friends are ****s. Current hobbies are harrassing grade 10 girls and spreading yaoi all over the school.

waffles! waffles! waffles!
>>COMM CAN YOU DROP ME SOME WAFFLES?<<
waffles! waffles! waffles!
<(^o^<)no waffles for Lito!!!(>^o^)>