Author Topic: Foo Fighters/Weezer (or Foozer)  (Read 2862 times)

October 07, 2005, 06:29:49 PM
Read 2862 times

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
They're passing through Michigan on tour, but I didn't get tickets in time (I also don't have a job/money right now, anyway). If any of you are fans of either, and have gone to one of the concerts, how was it?

October 11, 2005, 09:39:36 AM
Reply #1

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
I got to go to the one here in Champaign for free, when a friend had his friend skip out on him.  It was an excellent concert despite not being a huge fan of either of the bands - Weezer did a lot of their favorites, plus a cover of Song 2 that came out of nowhere, and a Foo Fighters song.  The frontman was apparently more animated than he's ever been, although I still found his stage presence somewhat...lacking. :p
On the Foo Fighters front, they played a lot of good rock, with a couple breaks in which whats-his-name insulted himself and the band, belched a lot, and bitched out the security guards when they threw someone out for starting a fight down on the floor (like 10 feet from me in fact).

Well worth the money even if you are paying for it, I'd say.  Too bad you missed the tickets.

[Edit]:  Actually, both frontmen decided to take a walk around the front row, although the Foo Fighters guy jumped up on a ledge without people instead after someone reached out and ruffled his hair.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 09:41:10 AM by JHunz »
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

October 11, 2005, 09:41:34 AM
Reply #2

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
I never saw the Foo Fighters in concert, but I saw Weezer shortly after their self titled album came out, back in '94 or '95 (gawd, was it THAT long ago??!) at a smaller venue in Minneapolis called First Avenue.  Twas a great show, though time has made me forget most of the details (senility?!)

HOWEVER, forget about Weezer and go see Cake if they happen to pass through your town.  They did a charity show last night in Sacramento at another small venue (800 person capacity) and it was GREAT.  I've been a fan of Cake for years, and seeing them in person was better than I imagined it could be.  I daresay it ranks above my previous 'best concert' which was Metallica - I was so close I got hit in the face with a guitar pick at the end of the show (of course it fell to the ground and some other person stole it from me  <_<)

October 11, 2005, 02:16:15 PM
Reply #3

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
I got to go to the one here in Champaign for free, when a friend had his friend skip out on him.  It was an excellent concert despite not being a huge fan of either of the bands - Weezer did a lot of their favorites, plus a cover of Song 2 that came out of nowhere, and a Foo Fighters song.  The frontman was apparently more animated than he's ever been, although I still found his stage presence somewhat...lacking. :p
On the Foo Fighters front, they played a lot of good rock, with a couple breaks in which whats-his-name insulted himself and the band, belched a lot, and bitched out the security guards when they threw someone out for starting a fight down on the floor (like 10 feet from me in fact).

Well worth the money even if you are paying for it, I'd say.  Too bad you missed the tickets.

[Edit]:  Actually, both frontmen decided to take a walk around the front row, although the Foo Fighters guy jumped up on a ledge without people instead after someone reached out and ruffled his hair.
[snapback]53961[/snapback]

That's what I hear about Rivers (Weezer frontman). I saw an interview with him once; he didn't even look at the camera.

If you're talking about the lead on Foo, Dave Grohl then?

Well, sounds like it was a good time. Lucky you for getting a free ticket.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 02:21:04 PM by Manta »