Author Topic: Batman  (Read 11149 times)

June 25, 2005, 12:10:13 AM
Reply #20

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
really nice movie, some weird parts in it o_o but it pretty much rocked..
his car is great but there needed to be more ass kicking!

and more katie holmes naked
>_>
<_<
-_^

June 25, 2005, 08:15:12 AM
Reply #21

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Haha. You just reminded me of Harold & Kumar.

June 25, 2005, 12:20:05 PM
Reply #22

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Yea there were a few plot holes... like in the beginning his parents getting shot by some bum but in the first batman it was the joker saying "hey kid, every dance with the devil on a pale moon night?"

but whatever it stills is the same general idea.  I also liked it how they kept it more "realistic" with the real looking city instead of the stylized tim burton world.

As soon as i saw him put on the mask and start scaring that guy i was like "hey i remember this guy! It's scarecrow!" (from the old batman cartoons)

*SPOILER*

Also i thought the new batmobile was friggen awesome.  I like it how they made it like a tank and did you see how thick those tires were!?!.  Yet it still has the fire hole in the back but whatever it still was cool.
[snapback]51515[/snapback]

It was only the first movie that ever implied Joker was the gunman and it's not considered cannon. In the comics it WAS Chills who shot Bruce Wayne's parents.
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

June 26, 2005, 02:44:12 AM
Reply #23

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
... if seeing it without her takes 90% of the fun out of it, you're not watching the movie anyway?
[snapback]51131[/snapback]

::whistle::

;)
[snapback]51144[/snapback]

pretty suck girlfriend to make movies 90% boring if you ask me
[snapback]51516[/snapback]

you're missing the point...

if her not being there takes away 90% of the fun, it means you werent watching the movie, you were making out
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

June 26, 2005, 04:39:20 PM
Reply #24

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
Kirby,Jun 24 2005, 09:44 PM]
... if seeing it without her takes 90% of the fun out of it, you're not watching the movie anyway?

;)

if her not being there takes away 90% of the fun, it means you werent watching the movie, you were making out
[snapback]51591[/snapback]

People still go to the theaters to make out? I'm pretty sure that's only done when you're a kid who's parents don't want you getting freaky.
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

June 26, 2005, 04:51:58 PM
Reply #25

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
thanks, ao... i was going to say

"when me and my girlfriend wanna make out she just comes over."

June 27, 2005, 11:18:56 AM
Reply #26

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Kirby,Jun 24 2005, 09:44 PM]

;)

[snapback]51591[/snapback]

People still go to the theaters to make out? I'm pretty sure that's only done when you're a kid who's parents don't want you getting freaky.
[snapback]51613[/snapback]

now ask yourself how old he is...
Virus removed.
Nanites.

June 27, 2005, 02:25:30 PM
Reply #27

Guenhwyvar

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Lol.

Ok to bring this thread back on topic.  Caught it on a whim yesterday.  Just positively loved it. I have to say it was the best comic book adaptation I have seen to date.  Until this Batman movie, Spiderman was my favorite comic book adaptation movie.

There is just so much about this movie to enjoy.  Predictable, yeah, a few holes, yeah, but still it was awesome.  I almost did not see it because of Katie Holmes, but I am glad I saw it.  Wolfwood, you should tell your girlfriend to give it a try.  

June 30, 2005, 03:01:40 PM
Reply #28

GoobTheNoob

• Lerker

• View Profile
My sister saw it in IMAX and said it was good... but my girlfriend absolutely hates Katie Holmes, so, I won't be seeing this one in theaters

>_<  >_<  >_<
[snapback]51039[/snapback]

Katie Holmes hate is fine but don't miss this movie for that reason.  Hollywood has been force feeding us Katie-this and Katie-that due to the Tom Cruz Effect. She has been way over-billed for this movie.  She is not the star and she doesn't even get that much screen time.  It's all about Batman... go see it by yourself if your girlfriend won't go!

July 02, 2005, 03:49:30 AM
Reply #29

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
i want his car

July 02, 2005, 07:53:24 AM
Reply #30

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Screw his car, I want his mansion and his cave.

July 04, 2005, 08:52:40 AM
Reply #31

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
dibs on his girlfriend
Virus removed.
Nanites.

July 04, 2005, 11:03:48 AM
Reply #32

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
My sister saw it in IMAX and said it was good... but my girlfriend absolutely hates Katie Holmes, so, I won't be seeing this one in theaters

>_<  >_<  >_<
[snapback]51039[/snapback]

Katie Holmes hate is fine but don't miss this movie for that reason.  Hollywood has been force feeding us Katie-this and Katie-that due to the Tom Cruz Effect. She has been way over-billed for this movie.  She is not the star and she doesn't even get that much screen time.  It's all about Batman... go see it by yourself if your girlfriend won't go!
[snapback]51740[/snapback]
perhaps not, but she is ONE of the stars, because her contribution to the plot is huge.

July 04, 2005, 12:26:43 PM
Reply #33

SuicidaL MonkeY

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
SPOILER

My favorite part of this movie had to have been when he met Freeman down in that basement and got to meet a few toys and we got explanations!.....also how he made his first throwing bat knives. Overall great movie cept it cut near the end and we could only hear the sound :(

July 04, 2005, 02:28:23 PM
Reply #34

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Ignoring the ignorance of LC's Tim Burton comic type movie comment (seeing as TB only did the first two, and they were VERY dark, it was Schumaker who ruined them), I agree with most of what's said. It was a great film, and the explanations were enough without being over the top (midichlorins anyone?). The tech was altered from prototypes, and the storyline was a bit predictable, but good. It evened opened the door to why the villians of Batman are a little over the top (gas plus gordon's assessment at the end).

Now, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and I'm happy.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 02:28:56 PM by [mmi]rad4Christ »
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

July 06, 2005, 10:06:21 AM
Reply #35

GoobTheNoob

• Lerker

• View Profile
perhaps not, but she is ONE of the stars, because her contribution to the plot is huge.
[snapback]51862[/snapback]

Hmm.  I'd say his father contributed more to the plot... and he was dead. :p

July 11, 2005, 10:39:39 AM
Reply #36

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
gothem needed more goth.

And for the record, I saw batman twice with, and without my girlfriend. So piss off :-D

(She lives like 3 hours away! give me a break.)

But yeah it was a good movie. I would of liked more goth in gothem though, not nearly enough statues. BUT the train system seemed very true to the animated series :-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

July 18, 2005, 12:11:53 PM
Reply #37

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Awesome movie, Katie didn't suck nearly as much as I thought she would. The batmobile is all kinds of awesome.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

July 18, 2005, 05:47:26 PM
Reply #38

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Batmobile needed a Jetpack and dual weapon 3 HMG's with a flamethrower and siege cannon.

July 19, 2005, 12:00:21 PM
Reply #39

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Batmobile needed a Jetpack and dual weapon 3 HMG's with a flamethrower and siege cannon.
[snapback]52291[/snapback]
This isn't ns.org I&S :p :p

Apparently it could do a lot of the stuff you see int he movie, 0-60 in 7 seconds, 7 miles to the gallon :o, and do a non-ramped 40 foot jump.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman