Author Topic: Batman  (Read 11164 times)

June 16, 2005, 09:26:06 PM
Read 11164 times

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
I just saw it and thought it kicked ass.

I cant wait to see IMAX version...

what about the rest of you's guy's

June 17, 2005, 07:35:48 AM
Reply #1

Wolfwood

• Skulk

• View Profile
My sister saw it in IMAX and said it was good... but my girlfriend absolutely hates Katie Holmes, so, I won't be seeing this one in theaters

>_<  >_<  >_<

June 17, 2005, 08:26:44 AM
Reply #2

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I daresay that it was super-good.  

The fights were good - cool and brawly rather than all kung fu, as Batman's ninja training would suggest it should be but I digress - there wasn't much buildup to the ending (I found myself, watching the final fight, a little surprised when I all of a sudden discovered that I was actually watching the final fight.)

Batman's voice is pretty lamesauce and a little overdone, and he has no cool catchphrases.  And in a realistic setting his mask just looks silly (the rest of the costume was preeeetttty awesome)

Last, I would have preferred to see an R-rated movie, if for nothing else, for the sake of seeing Katie Holmes naked and maybe a bit more violence.

Overall, it's worth it.  Go see it.  If you won't do it for me, at least do it for Katie Holmes.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 10:24:18 AM by Dubbilex »

June 17, 2005, 08:54:30 AM
Reply #3

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
I daresay that it was super-good. 

The fights were good - cool and brawly rather than all kung fu, as Batman's ninja training would suggest it should be but I digress - there wasn't much buildup to the ending (I found myself, watching the final fight, a little surprised when I all of a sudden discovered that I was actually watching the final fight.)

Batman's voice is pretty lamesauce and a little overdone, and he has no cool catchphrases.  And in a relaistic setting his mask just looks silly (the rest of the costume was preeeetttty awesome)

Last, I would have preferred to see an R-rated movie, if for nothing else, for the sake of seeing Katie Holmes naked and maybe a bit more violence.

Overall, it's worth it.  Go see it.  If you won't do it for me, at least do it for Katie Holmes.
[snapback]51041[/snapback]

poor Katie Holmes...

"dont you think I sort of look like Natalie Portman?... Gee i sure wish i did :( I havent made a movie in like a bajillion years! Im a B LIST ACTRESS!!! And WHO IN THE HELL is this guy playing batman!??!"

but yeah. This movie was alot better than the Tim Burton ones. Less cartoonish (yes i know hes a cartoon character but you all know the difference) and more dark, brooding asskickery. And there was a preview for charlie and the chocolate factory... which i dearly hope is as good as the first one, which holds a place among LowCrawler's favorite movies ever... right up there with Die Hard and Black Hawk Down, for more recent movies.

June 17, 2005, 11:55:54 AM
Reply #4

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I think I'm gonna go with some people to see it next week, but it's pretty hard to wait.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

June 17, 2005, 08:08:50 PM
Reply #5

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
If anyone ruins the movie for me, I have sworn to avenge myself.

Anyway, I can see your complaint about Batman's "voice," but it's really just the actor. Then again, take a look at Hayden Christensen in Star Wars. Wooden.

And if you don't know who plays Batman, then you obviously haven't seen Equilibrium, which also had the honor of featuring the guy who played Trevelyan.

June 17, 2005, 09:29:57 PM
Reply #6

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

Anyway, I can see your complaint about Batman's "voice," but it's really just the actor. Then again, take a look at Hayden Christensen in Star Wars. Wooden.

And if you don't know who plays Batman, then you obviously haven't seen Equilibrium, which also had the honor of featuring the guy who played Trevelyan.
[snapback]51075[/snapback]
Equilibrium kicks ass.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

June 17, 2005, 11:20:19 PM
Reply #7

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
My sister saw it in IMAX and said it was good... but my girlfriend absolutely hates Katie Holmes, so, I won't be seeing this one in theaters

>_<  >_<  >_<
See it without her.
signature

June 18, 2005, 03:41:02 AM
Reply #8

Scuzball

• Lerker

• View Profile
I thought it was very well done. I loved Scarecrow!

I must admit I laughed pretty hard near the beggining. He's all "I will not kill this mudering farmer dude!"

Then he kills a dozen ninjas, his master, almost kills his 'friend,' and then to top it off. the farmer. I mean c'mon, the farmer gets blown up, burned, the building collapsed, and then he's shirtless and chained on top of the mountain.

I laughed at the double slap part too. Good ****!
Gothic dance!

June 18, 2005, 09:08:50 AM
Reply #9

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile

[snapback]51075[/snapback]
Equilibrium kicks ass.
[snapback]51083[/snapback]

QFT. Unfortunately, I couldn't help but laugh everytime they said "Grammaton."

June 18, 2005, 03:38:14 PM
Reply #10

Wolfwood

• Skulk

• View Profile

>_<  >_<  >_<
See it without her.
[snapback]51089[/snapback]

But that takes 90% of the fun out of it

June 18, 2005, 10:35:49 PM
Reply #11

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
... if seeing it without her takes 90% of the fun out of it, you're not watching the movie anyway?
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

June 18, 2005, 11:40:55 PM
Reply #12

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
This is how batman is supposed to be

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

June 19, 2005, 10:37:21 AM
Reply #13

Wolfwood

• Skulk

• View Profile
... if seeing it without her takes 90% of the fun out of it, you're not watching the movie anyway?
[snapback]51131[/snapback]

::whistle::

;)

June 19, 2005, 11:37:10 AM
Reply #14

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Just saw it. I thought the whole movie was pretty good, and I really liked the beginning part with Ra's Al Ghul.

Just one thing, though: Dr. Crane looked girly, especially with his damn glasses.

June 19, 2005, 11:49:55 AM
Reply #15

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I loved it. I like how it was more of a "dark" setting. The EXACT way the batman series should be.

If they do a sequel(s), they should just remake the other ones. It would so kick so much ass

June 24, 2005, 03:48:37 PM
Reply #16

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
yea i have to say it it was pretty awesome. I love the batman character and how it was portrayed in this film.

Film Noir is a rare art nowadays, it sorta peaked in the late 40's, save for a few rare pictures such as Mulholland Drive, Dark City, various hitchcock flicks like Vertigo, or Rear Window, and even though its a genre-crosser, the Matrix.

If you all like this sort of movie, you would really like films by an old director named Godard ( thats pronounced Go-dard) or Joseph H. Lewis, who made a movie called " Deadly is the lady" which was reshot as "Guncrazy."  Another good movie is called "Dementia," old, black and white, shot in 1955

I loved the movie's world. they created versimilitude and never did anything to make you snap of out that.  The only thing that i think they overlooked was that, if this microwave could fry water in steel pipes, those people shoulda been french-fried, seeing as how they arent shielded at all, and are made of water.
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

June 24, 2005, 04:04:43 PM
Reply #17

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Yeah, that was an oversight, but I think they made the rest of the movie so immersive that most people simply didn't notice.

June 24, 2005, 06:36:12 PM
Reply #18

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Yea there were a few plot holes... like in the beginning his parents getting shot by some bum but in the first batman it was the joker saying "hey kid, every dance with the devil on a pale moon night?"

but whatever it stills is the same general idea.  I also liked it how they kept it more "realistic" with the real looking city instead of the stylized tim burton world.

As soon as i saw him put on the mask and start scaring that guy i was like "hey i remember this guy! It's scarecrow!" (from the old batman cartoons)

*SPOILER*

Also i thought the new batmobile was friggen awesome.  I like it how they made it like a tank and did you see how thick those tires were!?!.  Yet it still has the fire hole in the back but whatever it still was cool.

June 24, 2005, 09:44:40 PM
Reply #19

[JFF]Kirby

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
[snapback]51131[/snapback]

::whistle::

;)
[snapback]51144[/snapback]

pretty suck girlfriend to make movies 90% boring if you ask me