Author Topic: since i'm somewhat of a reg i feel  (Read 3706 times)

May 09, 2005, 07:24:04 PM
Read 3706 times

E-Fonzarelli

• Skulk

• View Profile
story time...  (ugh, i know)

if you've played with me on the server, you know i'm generally a good guy, but every once and a while i'll go a little haywire....

where to start...

well...  I have hemophilia (the blood clotting disorder) and through a blood transfusion I contracted hepatitis C.  There is not for sure cure for this nasty virus (although I count my lucky stars I didn't end up with HIV) but there is a treatment that has a 50% remission rate, however....

- it takes a year long

- it has serious physical side effects.

- it can cause SERIOUS mental depression, and mental unknowns

- read up on peg-intron if you want more info

So...  I guess what i'm trying to say, is that if i've offended anyone, i'm sorry.  Right now i'm going through a rough patch with my fiancee becuase of this medicine (think of it as chemotherapy without the radiation).  I just got off the phone with her doing my best to explain that I have no control over what I am saying sometimes, and sometimes what I am saying is NO WHERE near what I mean.

So if i've rubbed you the wrong way, know that i'm 6 months into a treatment that has changed my very personality.  I'm a very easy going guy, as i'm sure many regs on the server can atest to, however, I will be "bad" on occation, and for those who've I've pissed off, i'm really sorry.

Sorry if this sounds sappy, but i'm really down in the dumps so to speak, so I had to let someone know, and since my real life friends are far and few inbetween, and sometimes I spend more time with the regs on LM than I do real life freinds, I thought I would let you guys know.

If you are a christian, pray for me, if you are a buddist, meditate on my well-being, I don't care.  Thanks for any positive energy you can send my way..

after all, I have been comm'ing FTW lately  :)

May 09, 2005, 07:38:17 PM
Reply #1

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
wowzer man,

I know where youre coming from with the health issues... ive certainly not got anythign as serious as you, IMO, but i know how that can get you down, even without the treatment. I got a friend of mine whose mother is giong through the exact same thing, and its rough to be sure.

good luck brother, praying for you

LC

and if youre into the Bible... check my sig line :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 07:39:04 PM by LowCrawler »

May 09, 2005, 10:47:19 PM
Reply #2

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg

May 09, 2005, 10:55:23 PM
Reply #3

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Don't they check the transfusions for these things beforehand?  I'm not really sure how hepatitis works other than how its transmitted.

Well, at least you only have 6 months left that's not to bad.

After all, you know we all love ya  <3  ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 10:56:26 PM by aeroripper »

May 09, 2005, 11:00:31 PM
Reply #4

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
I know where you're coming from. Again, not nearly as serious as you, but I've got ADD, which can make me very irritable on occasion.

ADD tends to make people either focus on something super-hard, or be unable to concentrate on something. Luckily, gaming seems to be one thing I can concentrate on very well. Or is that unluckily since schoolwork is something I can't concentrate on?

Anyhow, it's that concentration and intensity that can lead to trouble when something doesn't go the way I'd like. I can get quite worked up about things in-game that probably don't matter.

Oh well, now you know.

And knowing is half the battle!

May 10, 2005, 05:33:26 AM
Reply #5

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Sucky.  Best of luck, and don't worry, most of us have grown some pretty thick skin over the years.   :D
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

May 10, 2005, 10:30:48 AM
Reply #6

confused!

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.confusionville.net
well,

A. that sucks.
B. i think its safe to say that we understand

finallly,
 go kick hep-C's hinie.
HUEG SIGNATURE IS NUKED

May 10, 2005, 12:47:21 PM
Reply #7

Wolfwood

• Skulk

• View Profile
Good luck, Fonz. I've been on the server with you a few times and you're a good guy to be around.

See ya around.

May 10, 2005, 01:01:26 PM
Reply #8

Asal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Hang in there man.  When it's over, you'll be glad you did.

And DON'T F4....it's bannable in life.  >:D

And you haven't seemed so hard to be around, at least not for me.  But then, you never seem to TK/TD, and if you don't do that, it's hard to piss me off.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 01:03:20 PM by Asal »
Asal 'The Unforgiving'
Fedaykin, Warrior of the Desert Mouse

"I will live to be immortal...or die trying!"

May 10, 2005, 02:13:33 PM
Reply #9

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I'm very sorry to hear that fonz, having chronic illness sucks hardcore.  I cant speak personally on hemophilia or hepatitis, but i can sympathise with some of the symptoms you have because of the treatment. I have a disease called fibromyalgia.  There are about a million different manifestations of the disease and as yet, it has no cure.  The way it shows itself in me is that I am in pain, constantly, all over my body.  As a kid, it was very uncomfortable, but i've grown used to it as an adult.  As a side effect of this, I never sleep without HEAVY medication. Ever. My doctors have told me that the reason for this is that the pain receptors in the body are ten to twenty times more active while you're asleep (which is why someone could do something to you when you're awake that you might not notice or wouldnt hurt much, but if they did it to you while asleep, you'd be in agony and wake up very quickly), so when my body tries to shut down the pain level increases tenfold and I start going nuts.  As anyone who has been without sleep for an extended period of time can tell you, you get overly cranky and lose your head a lot. I've learned to keep it in check for the most part, but on really stressful days, ill slip hardcore and wind up screaming at people and such without realizing what im saying.
I'm not trying to make light of your situation, so i hope it didnt come across that way. I dont want people to feel sorry for me or anything, as its a part of my life that i've accepted and become very acquainted with.  Fonz, i'll keep you in my thoughts, and my fiance will as well (shes a nurse, so she understands what you're dealing with better than I) and i'll pass karma up the line for you.  Best of luck with the treatment, i know its a super beyotch to cope with.  Vaya con dios man.
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM

May 10, 2005, 03:00:28 PM
Reply #10

NewBorn

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
It's issues like these that have me being thankful for what i have (and don't have).
The fact that most of you are open about things like this makes me feel like this is a real community and not just another server. I wish the best to the fonz,CFM,Gus, and all those who have to deal with problems that they have no control over. They say in the next 20-30 years we'll be seeing more advanced medicine like "nano" technology and medications that are "custom build" to target and treat specific individuals. Let's all pray for humanity and it's ever growing sickness called Life. much <3  to you all  :D
losing your mind is only half the fun,
when you've lost it all, is when the fun begins

May 10, 2005, 06:05:42 PM
Reply #11

SuicidaL MonkeY

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
You can handle the treament,your more powerful than this bastard, dont let the fact you have something wrong inside you bring you down, never give up, and you will win regardless of the outcome, nothing in the world can stop you now.

My mother passed away from cancer last year, and the doctor says i will end up getting it, i already have a chemical imbalance in my brain, but i will beat it, as you will beat your hep-c, its our only choice, and chance, to fight.

Who else is gonna kick my ass with style?

Say whatever ya want to me online

May 10, 2005, 08:29:14 PM
Reply #12

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Sue, use the money to pay for your treatment.  I think this is viable lawsuit material.  They're supposed to screen donated blood really ****ing well.  Best of luck.
signature

May 11, 2005, 10:50:08 PM
Reply #13

E-Fonzarelli

• Skulk

• View Profile
sorry for bumming you out.....   under normal circumstances I probably would not have unloaded like that, but.... well.... ya...   I didn't really have much control over myself when I was typing that...  I was just undergoing my weekly depressive episode and wanted to mend any rips that I might have caused (at least thats what I hope I was trying to do)

And don't worry...  I may get violent and TK ya, but theres no F4'in going through my mind :)

May 14, 2005, 01:32:30 PM
Reply #14

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
If it makes you feel any better I'm on chemotherapy too.  I was diagnosed with hodgkin's disease in January and I'm about 4 months into treatment.  This stuff sucks :(

I really need to start playing here again.

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

May 16, 2005, 08:44:53 AM
Reply #15

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
good luck to all clients with hostnames that conform to *.*.*

May 16, 2005, 12:14:04 PM
Reply #16

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Uhm... I don't have any serious, hard-or-impossible-to-cure disease or anything. I have a few medical maladies like almost everyone, but nothing that affects me on a day-to-day basis. From this thread, it seems like I'm the only one. :(