Author Topic: NS Addiction  (Read 12842 times)

May 10, 2005, 02:52:40 PM
Reply #40

UKchaos

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Although i love NS in its own right, its the community element that kept me here for so long.

I was introduced to the game through a couple of former playtesters who i knew from the "Science and Industry" community. They were in clan EC at the time and introduced me to the Nano-Gridlock server. Ive stayed around ever since :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 02:53:27 PM by UKchaos »

May 10, 2005, 03:15:28 PM
Reply #41

NewBorn

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
I used to play starcraft ALL the time for more than a year, then CS came along and that lasted almost 2 years(on and off). Ifind ns to be a perfect mix between the 2. It took me about 2 months of jumping from server to server with reasonable ping to find one that has a community feel AND skilled players willing to work together. Thanx LB for providing this joy called LM to me and all the other nubs that play :lol: . Much love for the crazy :ph34r:'s and Bill comm's of the NS world  :D
losing your mind is only half the fun,
when you've lost it all, is when the fun begins

May 11, 2005, 03:14:37 AM
Reply #42

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
I play NS because I love competition and the winning and losing which results.  Competition is fun, and so is getting better so the winning happens more often.

Now I know someone is going to flip out and say it's not about winning, but the question states what our NS addiction is, not why we play on LM.  If it wasn't about winning, then the game would have been designed so alien and marines live in peaceful coexistence and would play patty cake instead of trying to rip each other's faces off.   :p
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 03:18:04 AM by SlickWill »

May 11, 2005, 08:22:34 AM
Reply #43

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
I don't play NS anymore.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

May 11, 2005, 11:35:56 AM
Reply #44

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I don't play NS anymore.
[snapback]48311[/snapback]

Heresy.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

May 11, 2005, 01:17:57 PM
Reply #45

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
I used to play every day because it was a good atmosphere, fun people, and each game was different and a new challenge.

Now i don't, i'm first in line to be RS kicked and even on something like Regs night (Operative word being "regs") i get slotkicked with random pubbers still on the server. And since i dedicated the last year and a half to this server and this community, i don't play on any other servers, so now don't expect to see me playing much.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

May 11, 2005, 01:59:39 PM
Reply #46

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I dunno why, I played for my national team which was my aim when i started, i guess i just love my clan and hope the new leagues will give us a reason to compete.

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

May 12, 2005, 07:22:29 PM
Reply #47

Spectre X

• Skulk

• View Profile
Ns is addictive basically because it is a FPS with a starcraft twist. you can play RTS and FPS, all at the same time. and it is addictive!

May 13, 2005, 05:40:19 PM
Reply #48

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Ns is addictive basically because it is a FPS with a starcraft twist. you can play RTS and FPS, all at the same time. and it is addictive!
[snapback]48422[/snapback]
It helps that there is so many levels of gameplay to master as well.  Every life form, every gun, every straigey and ever map is SOO different to play.  Then once you get it all down, you have to learn to bhop >_<
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL