Author Topic: Guild wars, omg!  (Read 7468 times)

May 07, 2005, 07:59:31 PM
Reply #20

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Forgot to mention this.  Theres a NS guild wars clan. whois me in irc for the channel.

May 08, 2005, 07:22:48 AM
Reply #21

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
So I assume it's fun? I ordered it and plan to play with a couple friends. It better be fun!

Oh, and is it possible to do everything quest-wise with just three people?
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

May 08, 2005, 08:20:46 AM
Reply #22

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
as far as i've read on the site(considering to buy it myself, probably am tomorrow), you can get NPCs to follow you around if you around if you don't have a party, perhaps you can get the NPCs to fill the holes in your party as well.

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

May 08, 2005, 10:57:24 AM
Reply #23

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Dark Daemon...

May 08, 2005, 02:24:04 PM
Reply #24

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I read somewhere that the henchmen were buggy and didn't work all that great. Maybe that was beta tho. I guess finding out what we can handle with just three of us, and maybe the henchmen, will be part of the fun.  :o
Best thread ever

May 08, 2005, 07:53:28 PM
Reply #25

lithium

• Lerker

• View Profile
I HEAR THE GAME ISN'T FUN AT ALL GOLDFISH SO YOU LOSE!  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

May 12, 2005, 11:24:08 AM
Reply #26

Soviet Toaster

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
I read somewhere that the henchmen were buggy and didn't work all that great. Maybe that was beta tho. I guess finding out what we can handle with just three of us, and maybe the henchmen, will be part of the fun.  :o
[snapback]48157[/snapback]

Henchmen aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but they know how to cast firestorm and hit stuff with swords.  The mage and healer will resurrect.  Make sure you use control+space to get them to attack your target.

It doesn't happen much, but they can get stuck on objects.  I was in the Iron Horse or something similar Mine, entire team but Little Thom wiped out.  He survived because he was stuck on a treasure chest a few minutes back, out of range of any enemies.  Had to go back to town and start over, and the objective was about two steps away on the minimap.   :angry:

May 12, 2005, 12:39:51 PM
Reply #27

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I've started playing it and must say that the game is pretty sweet. Awesome graphics, no groups of players competing for quests or creatures, awesome graphics, cool character development... awesome graphics...   :D
Best thread ever

May 13, 2005, 10:36:33 AM
Reply #28

Rath

• Legacy Admin
  • Skulk

• View Profile
I just made it into Yak's Bend and I definitely died a few times while looking at the scenery and not the creatures.  ;)
I throw myself upon these OC's in the name of King Bill!!

May 15, 2005, 07:52:24 PM
Reply #29

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
It may have been posted elsewhere in the thread, I only skimmed it, but we're hanging around #ns-gw (on gamesurge obviously). Pay us a visit. And if you need a healer, look up Velyn Celark in the game.

May 15, 2005, 10:32:10 PM
Reply #30

Rath

• Legacy Admin
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Just thought I'd add a random screenshot.

This thing freaked me out the first time I saw it.  They just pop out of the ground next to you and knock you over.  I was dying because I was trying to get a good screenshot.
I throw myself upon these OC's in the name of King Bill!!

May 15, 2005, 10:37:24 PM
Reply #31

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Lady Lewf, Guild wars rocks k!

I reveal penis I know psychology.

May 17, 2005, 01:15:01 AM
Reply #32

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
All my character's names are preceeded by "swifts".  So far I have Swifts Slickster, and Swifts Magicker...  I haven't decided which one I want to play yet, or if I want to start a different character class instead, but I will decide sooner or later.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

May 17, 2005, 06:06:31 PM
Reply #33

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
I just got this game. Fun fun!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

May 18, 2005, 06:38:15 AM
Reply #34

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
L7 Nec/Mes, whee.  Having a lot of fun with that build.  My first character was a Mesmer/Ranger (doh) and I made the mistake of 'graduating' at 4th level.  Not good.

Right now my skillset is mainly built around Soul Barbs (hexes or enchantments on target cause an extra 15 dmg).  Send in the undead, Soul Barb, then pile on the hexes, baby!

But DAMN, I wish there were other ways to get places than by RUNNING.

(yes, I know about map travel.)
God, I'm old.