Author Topic: The Official "I Hate Gamesurge" Thread  (Read 2645 times)

April 28, 2005, 04:36:23 PM
Read 2645 times

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Ok, so i know all of you who idle on IRC are in the same boat as me, and i'd just like to say how much I hate gamesurge and their crappy crappy IRC servers that they run. In the last 24 hours, i've had over 20 disconnects immediately after a huge netsplit. It'd be ok if we could just connect again with no problem, but unfortunately gamesurge sees no need to fix the problem for several hours on end. Plus they always send global notices with things that nobody cares about...like (Global Notice::Talk live with the creator of just one of the textures on the original Unreal Tournament today in #stupidcrap! We hope to see all of you there!)
Down with gamesurge!
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM

April 28, 2005, 05:07:58 PM
Reply #1

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I think complaining to them would be more effective. We will all just agree and nod our heads. You could always go the way of QuakeNet for other things.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

April 28, 2005, 05:43:57 PM
Reply #2

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
Personally I can't connect to GameSurge at all right now. Not a single one of their servers.

Actually I'm finding myself unable to connect to any IRC server. Very odd.

April 28, 2005, 06:20:13 PM
Reply #3

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
From what I understand, they're under fire from a distributed denial of service attack.
God, I'm old.

April 28, 2005, 07:11:37 PM
Reply #4

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Can't connect here, either. I've tried every server they list at www.gamesurge.net/servers - none work!
Bleah.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 28, 2005, 10:08:38 PM
Reply #5

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg