Author Topic: There is one problem with NS.  (Read 2390 times)

April 25, 2005, 12:52:44 AM
Read 2390 times

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
Rines don't pay attention to comm and do not follow orders while working together as a group and cohesive team.  That's it.  Simple.  There is no need to nerf aliens or make rines ultra powerful for this reason.  Sure, even in match play it is lopsided a bit, but I firmly belive that it results from exceptional individual play on alien part (ie. Fades own.)

Expanding this a little bit:

The game boils down to one thing, something that we as a gaming community have largely lost sight of...keeping res flow up and the other team's flow down.  This is just about impossible without teamplay.  

Expanding this a little bit:

No longer is the focus of games to destroy, take and keep rts (all of which involves massive teamplay); rather the focus is to take hive locations.  Rts are just a means with which to do this.  I believe the focus needs to be shifted.  After all, even if aliens have two hives...if they don't have higher lifeforms, then HA or JP own, especially with full upgrades.  Even just SG/HMG own.  You usually end of killing fades at least once, expecially when pressuring hives.  If res is at a premium, the problems of having to fight 8743 fades is solved.  I am not saying that one should let aliens have 3 hives while destroying res, rather I am saying that rts are more important in my mind to destroy then hives.  Think, how many times have you had a two hive lockdown to have it lost to one measly MC rush with a couple of fades or an onos...That hurts.

Now, exanding this further to new issues in the newest Beta:

Lots of Rts were removed from maps.  Mainly the ones outside of MS.  Due to this fact, without hardcore teamplay and following of orders, keeping rine res flow up and alien res flow down is all but impossible.  BHAM, the real issue of the Beta has been identified, rine inability to match alien res flow.  It is not due to the res flow system, rather it is due to the physical process.

Recap:

No teamwork/order following lead to --->  No emphasis on RT destruction and/or protection leads to --> Increased difficulties with new resource node layout --> utter marine ownage.

My two cents.

April 25, 2005, 08:45:00 AM
Reply #1

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
http://www.lunixmonster.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3025

basically says the same thing. perhaps if you took the time to read it :p res is the problem yes, marines can't match the aliens abilities res-wise. taking down the rts is the only choice, but if they get even three(which is very easy) its still outlook good for aliens.

April 25, 2005, 10:15:14 AM
Reply #2

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
I read that, I thought I was coming from a different angle, ie. It is marine job to kill rts, which is no longer focus of the game.