Author Topic: Strangest strategies.  (Read 5787 times)

June 05, 2005, 05:28:04 PM
Read 5787 times

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I was thinking of past games today and wondered if anyone had stories to tell of things that have been done that are highly out of the ordinary.

To start off I have a tale of the field-protolab.

The whole team was marching to a hive with hmgs, shotguns and GLs when the proto finished researching (forget if it was JP or HA). Now, rather than beaconing to equip us which would have wasted time and perhaps caused worse things, the comm dropped a new protolab right there about 50 feet from the hive, we powerbuilt it in about 3 seconds, he spammed equipment for us, and we downed the hive in an instant to the dismay of the aliens who were in no way expecting prototyped marines. :p

June 05, 2005, 05:35:15 PM
Reply #1

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Base was in a vent somewhere on ns_origin. The whole map was lamed; I got a jetpack for myself, went into MS, GLed it out, went back to the comm chair, dropped myself a proto lab in MS, built it, then beaconed everyone and gave them proto tech.
I'm not too sure about my reasoning in this series of actions... but then again, it was about 3 AM at the time :|
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

June 05, 2005, 05:42:07 PM
Reply #2

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
^^^ sounds like you pulled a mhawk :-P

one time we relocated to west access on tanith.  It was wacky
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 05:42:51 PM by aeroripper »

June 05, 2005, 06:10:43 PM
Reply #3

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
one time we relocated to west access on tanith.  It was wacky
[snapback]50336[/snapback]
Standard billocation! Nothing special! :D

June 05, 2005, 07:46:08 PM
Reply #4

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
my cookie looks tastier than yours :-P

June 05, 2005, 07:47:12 PM
Reply #5

Wolfwood

• Skulk

• View Profile
One time I relocated to the loading dock thingy on ns_hera and spammed armories (on the vadakill server). At that time, they had the armory-heal thing on, so the lorks tried to gas us out but the armories healed us  >:D

Oh, and one time a few weeks back, the rines relocated to the loading dock thingy, so as the alien team, we set up mcs and dcs up in the MS area and made a gorgey siege with 6 gorges. SPIT! :cool:

Oh, and... ABS's avatar... and aero's avatar... like... whoa.

June 05, 2005, 08:26:02 PM
Reply #6

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
*stares at aero....*

I AM COOKIE MAN D:< how dare you.

June 05, 2005, 09:16:54 PM
Reply #7

Nadja

• Lerker

• View Profile
Ns_origen: We wanted to relocate to biodome, but we found out it was there hive. We decided to do it anyway. We got the cc, two ips, and the armory up. At first we were doing fine, but then the mines were used up and starting res was depleted. Ended up in the upper area of double by the elevator. Lost the game after a half-hour or so.

Ns_hera: I commed and relocated to maintenence corridor. We won of course.

Ns_metal: Not really a strategy as marines were boned at the time, but when one heavy went afk we built a tower of marines on him and defended with him mines as well until a mean onos charged and devoured him.

Ns_tanith: I've relocated to west access, double, and cargo so those are pretty standard.

Ns_veil: I relocated to the vents under double. Each vent can accomadate only one structure so you max out with four structures. The observatory had to be hidden elsewhere on the map.

The list goes on of all the crazy relocations and strategies. One of my favorites was the mine strategy, which is pretty self-explanatory.
Likes to use new aliases. Try to guess!

June 06, 2005, 12:11:48 AM
Reply #8

ziggot

• Skulk

• View Profile
omhg im so durin anything sounds good right now. I convinced everyone that im an american hero but that feminazi brena didnt seem to get it. Im sot druk.
Peace,
Ziggot ro ben, whichever youlilke

June 06, 2005, 06:00:56 AM
Reply #9

TheAdj

• Skulk

• View Profile
ns_eclipse:  large server, 24+ people.  Marine start gets totally bumrushed by 8 skulks 5 minutes into the game, they chew down everything within a minute or so.  I started dropping structures inside eclipse hive, which was the actual starting hive.  By the time marine start had been destroyed, an entire base, complete with arms lab and upgrading armory, was inside the hive.  Needless to say the game lasted about 2 more minutes.

June 06, 2005, 01:10:23 PM
Reply #10

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
ns_caged: I was having my team rush for double so we could take down Vent hive, but skulks kept rushing us and getting there first. When the next group of marines spawned, I gave each one a pack of mines and sent them to double. When they got there, I dropped four armories. I had them drop mines all around the floor and armories and had them stand on top of the armories. For some reason, it worked.

June 06, 2005, 05:41:54 PM
Reply #11

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
ns_caged: I was having my team rush for double so we could take down Vent hive, but skulks kept rushing us and getting there first. When the next group of marines spawned, I gave each one a pack of mines and sent them to double. When they got there, I dropped four armories. I had them drop mines all around the floor and armories and had them stand on top of the armories. For some reason, it worked.
[snapback]50385[/snapback]
I bet the armories weren't nessicary...
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

June 06, 2005, 06:31:17 PM
Reply #12

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Probably not. I could have just had them stand in the center of a minefield, but I wanted them to feel like kings.

June 07, 2005, 12:57:58 AM
Reply #13

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Pre 3.0 we did a RL to the vents in bast.  Being all venty it was impossible for the aliens to acctually get into the damn rine base and finish us off.  Ended up getting a few HMGs off of RFK, holding a node for a good two minutes, and slowly but surely pushing out and turtle expanding over the map with heavies.  From the aliens prespective it was probably the most boring game ever, being that they basicly had won at 15 minutes, but couldn't drive the nails into the coffin and ended up being pushed back out at about an hour.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

June 07, 2005, 02:54:58 PM
Reply #14

RangerAlpha

• Skulk

• View Profile
Nancy - gorge rushed their base. not oc rushed, we spit their whole team down, and then biled their cc to death (7 gorges and a primal lerk = what buildings?)
They had hmgs, but they couldnt stand to 5 gorges primal healspraying and two gorges spitting them to death. (primal focus spit = ow.)  Imagine the surprise on the marines face when thru the door, its not an onos rush, its not fades, ack! its an army of gorges!

June 07, 2005, 02:58:34 PM
Reply #15

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
that time in ns)nothing when Marines relocated to our hive in via AND won
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 02:59:59 PM by Diablus »

June 09, 2005, 06:29:50 AM
Reply #16

The Flying Fish

• Lerker

• View Profile
5 packs of mines and 3 shotgun rush in a pug where the opposing team was 4 s5 (Australia's top clan).  We won.

June 09, 2005, 12:42:16 PM
Reply #17

pardzh

• Skulk

• View Profile
omhg im so durin anything sounds good right now. I convinced everyone that im an american hero but that feminazi brena didnt seem to get it. Im sot druk.
Peace,
[snapback]50363[/snapback]

Here's a new strat:

- Have your entire team get smashed as all hell.
- Play your match.

June 09, 2005, 02:08:56 PM
Reply #18

CorvusX

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Peace,
[snapback]50363[/snapback]

Here's a new strat:

- Have your entire team get smashed as all hell.
- Play your match.
[snapback]50530[/snapback]
I'd do it for LMO if my team'd be willing to do so as well. :p

June 09, 2005, 06:52:01 PM
Reply #19

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Actually, I was thecomm who dropped the Proto in Foreboding... It was just faster.

I find if you build a key building, like upgraded armory, arms lab, or obs, IN the field at an outpost you want to keep, the marines fight a little more vigorously for it. :p
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 06:52:35 PM by [mmi]rad4Christ »
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?