Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 6727 times)

April 09, 2005, 01:18:38 PM
Read 6727 times

SuicidaL MonkeY

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
ALLLLLLLrighty then..........this has been buggin me cuz i know i aint the only ono here with tattoo's.....I was wondering what your tattoo's looked like if you have them and why you got them...or it?....or why not as well?....i got 2 and both have meaning to them both..wasnt just a " i feel like a tattoo today"....the one on my left upper chest is a dragon..which i will finish with a white dragon on my right stomach...to complete a ying yang circle..and below that on my ribs on my stomach below zee nipple...is my memorial tattoo for my mother.....and in 3 weeks a sleeve is on the way \o/.....

TO LOWCRAWLER AND TEMM......HERES YOUR PROOF!!!!

.ps. i reallly need a digital camera.... :wacko: "

...[attachmentid=1092]

...[attachmentid=1093]

April 09, 2005, 01:34:28 PM
Reply #1

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I think they are stupid as much as it is "cool". Sure I would get a NS tatoo but what in 3 months if I stop playing the game or just hate it then you are royal screwed with that unless you have the money to remove them which is a waste in itself. Now I understand the memorial tatoo but the dragons to make a yingyang symbol....yea...
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

April 09, 2005, 02:05:20 PM
Reply #2

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I'm rather indifferent to them, I never care what anyone does to themselves, I just have one question. Your's look different from others I've seen in that they look 3D, like they are indented into the skin, whereas everything else I've seen looks flat like it was markered. Is this something funky illusion happening cause of the photo or...? O_o

April 09, 2005, 03:48:47 PM
Reply #3

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
oooh I see a pierced nipple!  *tuggs*  :p

Yes, I have one.... a 'vine' of flowers around my right ankle, purple asters and  blue morning glory (I think)... not partarciluarly meaningful - well not meaningful at all... just what I saw and liked.... 7 years later I still like it just as much.  I'm going to have it redone soon (as opposed to getting another one) - I figure I'd rather keep this one looking sharp - just have the colors touched up and brightened a bit.

April 09, 2005, 05:34:22 PM
Reply #4

Mac

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.gamerankings.com
I don't think getting tatoos is stupid or anything, although sometimes people get a little excessive, IMO. I don't think I'll ever get one, but who knows.

"Why aren't you wearing your eyebrows??"
Everyday you're here is torture to my heart; reminding me of how you'll never be mine..
..I'm going to miss this feeling.

April 09, 2005, 05:48:34 PM
Reply #5

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I don't really care either way. A couple of tattoos isn't a big deal, but when someone gets them all over, I don't think it looks that good.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

April 09, 2005, 06:46:48 PM
Reply #6

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I've wanted to get a tattoo(s) for awhile now, but the girlfriends opposed to me having flames tattooed on my scalp.  :(

:p
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 06:47:14 PM by X-S-Z »

April 09, 2005, 07:05:15 PM
Reply #7

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Ahh!!! Watch out, that dragon is trying to grab your nipple!!!

Actually, I'm for a tattoo, in fact, getting one soon. At least, after the baby's born. Although, I think tattoos of things "because it looked cool" is really stupid. I mean, what happens in 20 years when you have to explain that SpongBob on your back? All body piercings or tattoos I have/want will have a significant meaning, so I won't tire.

Although, one day you'll have to face the fact that mass of black ink on your leg used to look cool, and those butterfly wings across your back can really flap now, so how do you like that?
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

April 09, 2005, 10:08:13 PM
Reply #8

Mac

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.gamerankings.com
..and those butterfly wings across your back can really flap..
[snapback]45912[/snapback]
:lol:

"Why aren't you wearing your eyebrows??"
Everyday you're here is torture to my heart; reminding me of how you'll never be mine..
..I'm going to miss this feeling.

April 10, 2005, 02:38:38 AM
Reply #9

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
oooh I see a pierced nipple!  *tuggs*  :p
[snapback]45899[/snapback]

>_<

I don't have any tattoos, mainly cause they are identifying marks  :ph34r:

if I would get a tat it would be the MUGA sig [same size] on the left ankle

my friend has "life is a struggle: overcome" in latin on his arm
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

April 10, 2005, 02:52:29 AM
Reply #10

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
id like to get a tattoo, have a design for it, but never really have had the time or motivation to actually go get it done. It's fairly simple for a design, a 4 leaf clover and under it on parchment-ish banner "illegitimi non carborundum", which means "dont let the bastards grind you down" in latin.
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM

April 10, 2005, 06:08:19 AM
Reply #11

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
If you are ever getting anything tattooed in a language that you don't understand or are only moderately familiar with, double, triple and quadruple check it before getting it done. Few things are as embarrassing as having an error tattooed.

April 10, 2005, 09:57:47 AM
Reply #12

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
i dont care either way... the girlfriend wants at least one tatoo, im sure shes told me the specifics but i dont remember. I hope if she does its something discrete...

my dad has two, one was homedone when he was about 11 and its his initial, the other he had done a few years back, and its his army air assault badge. theyre each oh his shoulders, one on right, one left.

heres a pic of what the badge looks like

http://www.jrtc-polk.army.mil/519th/myweb4...sault%20Pup.JPG

thats not him or anything, i just got this pic from google, but thats the badge in the background there.. the helo thing with wings.

and his initial is JF like mine, but he does it funny... ill see if i can draw it.

edit: nope i cant. its a Jwith the F coming off the J... like J=
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 09:58:20 AM by LowCrawler »

April 10, 2005, 12:06:00 PM
Reply #13

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
I think they're really neat.  I want to get one myself but I can't decide on what I'd like yet. I'm still debating getting this one to just my arms and legs for now. The best tatoos are ones with some sort of cultural reference though. The mexicans I used to work with in Denver all had really nice ones.

[attachmentid=1096]

That's what I want on my arms. I'm still thinking it over. It's a bit big and in an area that would be visible alot. That could be a problem for future jobs and things so, probably a no.

My dad has Gandalf the Grey on his right arm as well as a Canadian Flag that looks like it's stitched into his right shoulder.

Or I'll get a nice SF III image of Akuma and Ryu fighting. A sort of ying yang effect to it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 12:11:19 PM by @gentOrange »
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

April 10, 2005, 12:44:13 PM
Reply #14

Rath

• Legacy Admin
  • Skulk

• View Profile
My friend got a japanese word tattoed on them, and afterwards we all noticed that it looked like "7 cents" (with the symbol for cents and stuff)  Its on her stomach tho, so its not too bad.
I throw myself upon these OC's in the name of King Bill!!

April 10, 2005, 01:40:34 PM
Reply #15

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
I'm picky about tattoos, some i absolutely adore, and others i really can't stand.

I've not got any as of yet, although that definitely will change, the only thing stopping me really is money, i could pay for like outlines or a part of it, but i don't want unfinished work inked onto me, i want it done at once, which is gonna cost. So until i save a bit of cash, i'm not getting any.

And as for getting anything too recognisable (Band logo, game character, etc) it's always best to think 10 years down the line, if you reckon you'd still appreciate it. I've sat on my tattoo designs for years now, and finally i'm happy with them and that i want them done, i really don't want to rush into anything so permanent.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

April 10, 2005, 02:47:14 PM
Reply #16

CorvusX

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
the only thing stopping me really is money

Same here.  Been sorta working on a design, hope to have it done whenever I got the spare cash for it  :p

April 10, 2005, 05:04:13 PM
Reply #17

BlaqWolf

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
i finally got a tatoo not that long ago...

i've always wanted to get one. no real specific significance to the wolf, i just really like wolves (and i really can't see myself hating them ever...)

i didn't want it to be too out in the open, so it's not very big and it's high up on my right arm. i really like it  :D

i dont mind the whole sleeve tatoo thing ( i would never do it myself, but it doesn't bother me). i guess the biggest thing you have to think about his how it's gonna look way down the road. i've never seen an old wrinkly man with a sleeve tatoo. but of course, i'm sure you get that from everyone.

if you really want to do it, no one's gonna point a gun to your head.

*edit: i wanted to finish my thoughts*
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 05:06:24 PM by BlaqWolf »
*In Soviet Russia, armory humps you!

April 10, 2005, 05:18:22 PM
Reply #18

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
i have a black mage (ff1 sprite in cast pose) on my forehead

whoever fell for that really needs to stop talking to me on irc ^^. bm is clean.

April 10, 2005, 07:40:44 PM
Reply #19

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I've sat on my tattoo designs for years now, and finally i'm happy with them and that i want them done, i really don't want to rush into anything so permanent.

That is exactly my suggestion. Get a design, EXACT, no "a fairy" or a "dragon". Once you have the exact one you want, wait a year and see if you still like it. Because, that thing will be there alot longer than a year.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?