Author Topic: Rates  (Read 6263 times)

April 21, 2005, 04:18:48 PM
Reply #20

NewBorn

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
Thanx to all of you who posted ....now  i FINALLY! know what and how settings are good/bad.much  <3
losing your mind is only half the fun,
when you've lost it all, is when the fun begins

April 22, 2005, 09:03:22 AM
Reply #21

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Here's a helpful hint. Set your ex_interp to 1/cl_cmdrate - if your cmdrate is 100, then interp should be 0.01, and so on. Also, extrap to 6...
With these settings, my shots are hitting a LOT more. Like, I can safely say that I can kill a skulk using half the bullets before, if not less.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 25, 2005, 03:46:48 AM
Reply #22

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Here's a helpful hint. Set your ex_interp to 1/cl_cmdrate - if your cmdrate is 100, then interp should be 0.01, and so on. Also, extrap to 6...
With these settings, my shots are hitting a LOT more. Like, I can safely say that I can kill a skulk using half the bullets before, if not less.
[snapback]46691[/snapback]
Push your extrap down as low as you possibly can until you start seeing players with decent pings wiggling or teleporting.  The higher your interp and extrap are the more your visual models and hitboxes will be farther appart.  Also, without a good cmdrate you won't be able to push your interp as low (hence the 1/cmdrate).  I have my interp at 0.5 and my exterp at 2.  Lochness and pjofsky look like they are sesuring and melevolent plays hopscotch, but my hitreg on average is WAY better then it used to be.

Also, don't be a jerk and keep your cl_uprate nice and high.  Anything lower then 30 and you are just a lamer.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL