Author Topic: Occupation  (Read 10576 times)

March 06, 2005, 07:28:44 PM
Reply #20

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
I'm a National Registry Certified EMT and work at the second busiest hospital in Florida.  I help send patients to Azazeal.   :D   (.000 in CPR so far....not lack of skill truly, i'm really good in fact, they just die....)

Oh yeah, going to college too, Biochemistry major.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 12:17:10 AM by SlickWill »

March 06, 2005, 07:51:33 PM
Reply #21

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Student(high school) but I hope to go into the gaming industry out of college
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

March 06, 2005, 09:58:04 PM
Reply #22

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
I'm a recent college grad of Computer Science who now works at a hardware company writing diagnostic tools and other such programmin'.  Plan on moving to Seattle soon to get a master's degree at DigiPen.  Hope to work at Blizzard after that.
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

March 06, 2005, 11:27:23 PM
Reply #23

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I'm a recent college grad of Computer Science who now works at a hardware company writing diagnostic tools and other such programmin'.  Plan on moving to Seattle soon to get a master's degree at DigiPen.  Hope to work at Blizzard after that.
[snapback]42633[/snapback]
because working at the best game development company there is isn't all of our dreams...
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 07, 2005, 12:32:04 AM
Reply #24

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
because working at the best game development company there is isn't all of our dreams...
[snapback]42641[/snapback]
hey, I know a guy who is a GM for WoW. All he had to do was apply, hell he didnt even go to college.

March 07, 2005, 07:52:24 AM
Reply #25

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
How can you work at a cemetery, those freak me out.
[snapback]42535[/snapback]
Why? The place is full of dead people, those are completely harmless. It's the live ones that are dangerous.

March 07, 2005, 09:52:01 AM
Reply #26

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
[snapback]42641[/snapback]
You'll never know unless you try... ;)
God, it's so creamy.

March 07, 2005, 09:58:28 AM
Reply #27

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
Student at a Danish Gymnasium(equialent to high school), mathematical course/line/æbleskiver.

never had a job. i'm a lazy git.

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

March 07, 2005, 10:12:03 AM
Reply #28

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
mathematical course/line/æbleskiver.
[snapback]42667[/snapback]

Aebleskiver are a delicacy, supposedly invented by some Dane back in history. They are like a waffle or a pancake formed like a tennis ball. The name makes people believe that there are slices of apples inside, which is correct--- if you put apple slices inside! You see, everybody, including me, has their own favorite recipe and way of serving them, all depending from where in Denmark the recipe came from.

God, it's so creamy.

March 07, 2005, 12:35:46 PM
Reply #29

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
Dead people just smell wierd.  Especially before they have been cleaned up by a funeral home, ie. have vomit in back of throat and/or covered in urine and feces.

Also, Doobie, when you make some leet game, you have to have a character in there named after me, SlickWill.  Nice ring to it, right?? :p

March 07, 2005, 04:27:00 PM
Reply #30

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Well æble IS apple, its pretty easy.

Also, zombies are pretty dangerous dead people. As are plague corpses.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

March 07, 2005, 07:59:20 PM
Reply #31

DruBo

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• Personal Text
    Back in Beige
    • View Profile
At work one day recently I noticed that a lot of the users have wooden bats at their desks. Louisville sluggers that is, like this.

And I thought to myself, "why do they all have bats at their desks? Isn't that a bit unsafe?" But bankers aren't known for their violence so I forgot about it for a little while.

Later, while working on a printer with a co-worker and fellow gamer, I realized why it would be dangerous and explained it out loud.

"If they all catch some kind of mutant virus and turn into zombies, then they'll be zombies with bats. That's why it'd be dangerous."

Then I went back to fixing the printer.

March 07, 2005, 08:14:32 PM
Reply #32

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Drubo must be pretty damn bored at work :)
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 07, 2005, 09:18:58 PM
Reply #33

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
hahahahaha DB, thats great.
reminds me of my friend whos coworker said to him once, "ever look down the rows of cubicles, and think 'I could SO nail him if only I had a rocket launcher'?".
This is a 50 year old laywer.

March 07, 2005, 11:08:42 PM
Reply #34

AzubahF

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.unclebigtime.com
what lolfighter said....

and yes, dead people do smell funny and stuff.  but I don't work in a funeral home, just a cemetery.  never really see bodies or even come near them, unless they need someone to carry the casket coz they dont have enough pallbearers.  

it's a great job.  sit on a lawn mower and work basically completely by myself.  I mean, I have coworkers, but you are pretty much on your own with your equipment.  ride around listening to my mp3 player and cut grass.  work outside.  fresh air. all that jazz.  

a lot of people say "how can you do that?" ... it's great, none of the customers complain.  ;)

March 07, 2005, 11:57:12 PM
Reply #35

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
Yeah, customers/patients suck.  Only good ones are on vents with tubes down their throats, can't talk that way  :p .  Oh yeah, and the ones that aren't a**holes.  Which is .000001%.  Another thing about dead people is that their arms always slide off the stretchers and since I am tall, they rub my balls quite nicely while I preform CPR on them or moving them.  It's really wierd being felt up by some dead dude.  It's like  :o

March 08, 2005, 04:39:02 AM
Reply #36

Bogglesteinsky

• Skulk

• View Profile
In the immortal words of Dave Lister, when asked his occupation by Kryten:
uh, bum
[size=8][Red Dwarf, Series IV, EP 3: Justice] [/size]

Currently studying Compter Science at uni (well, I'm supposed to be anyway). Had a job working for ntl: (tech support) but gave that up soon after christmas. Couldn't fit it into my busy schedule of slobbing around.

March 08, 2005, 08:23:38 AM
Reply #37

SgtFury

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I remember a thread like this before I think.....
Ho hum, I work as a scientist in a research and developement role for a  home and personal care company ........ Interesting work and always varied. :)

March 08, 2005, 08:44:34 AM
Reply #38

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Already done this, Full time Student Minister at First Church of God, Darlington, SC, and I maintain our youth site. I will be going part time here at the church and working at ACS Technologies, where I used to be lead PC technician. Now I'll be a CSR working in the support area for the People module of the software. Not wonderful, but good pay and benefits.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

March 08, 2005, 10:43:23 AM
Reply #39

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
lol @ Vinnie and Drubo!
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.