Author Topic: jumping vid  (Read 4166 times)

March 04, 2005, 03:38:10 PM
Read 4166 times

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
vid link

threw that together this morning. just a bunch of jumps, hopefully some people will learn something  ;) no special settings were used etc.

thx sheena/bm for host
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 03:38:30 PM by holy_devil »

March 04, 2005, 04:30:02 PM
Reply #1

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Looks very nice, but I could never, ever do that :D At least now I don't have to ask "wth, how'd you get there" every time I see you shooting from above.

And what is up with those weird... thing? The hive is outlined with thick black lines, and so on. Is that a rendermode or models or what?
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 04, 2005, 05:32:50 PM
Reply #2

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Looks very nice, but I could never, ever do that :D At least now I don't have to ask "wth, how'd you get there" every time I see you shooting from above.

And what is up with those weird... thing? The hive is outlined with thick black lines, and so on. Is that a rendermode or models or what?
[snapback]42414[/snapback]

cel shaded(or something) models i use

March 04, 2005, 07:23:34 PM
Reply #3

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
seriously.  W.  T.  F.

I think I could hit some of those after several tries, but that is some seriously cool crap.

[edit] also, how was that avi made?  I was thinking of making a few of my own skills videos, but there isn't much point unless i can just record from demos to AVI and take out all the crap that isn't skilled at all.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 07:40:38 PM by SwiftSpear »
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 04, 2005, 07:43:58 PM
Reply #4

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
seriously.  W.  T.  F.

I think I could hit some of those after several tries, but that is some seriously cool crap.

[edit] also, how was that avi made?  I was thinking of making a few of my own skills videos, but there isn't much point unless i can just record from demos to AVI and take out all the crap that isn't skilled at all.
[snapback]42424[/snapback]

used fraps to record avi from demos, and virtualdub to compile the vids together. shina told me what to use =p

March 04, 2005, 10:17:22 PM
Reply #5

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
You can also use
startmovie hdjumps 25
or something to make your hard drive full of BMP images for each frame, I think that's how it works. Then you assemble all those images into 1, there's some program.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 04, 2005, 11:37:08 PM
Reply #6

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
HAXOR!

March 05, 2005, 06:42:07 AM
Reply #7

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
http://www.own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=3653 - NSjumped 2 trailer

http://www.own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=2846 - NSjumped 1 video

For more jumping fun. NSjumped 2 trailer in particular features some KILLER jump combos performed by n44bj, it really opens up your mind to what movement a marine is capable of doing.

HD: do your cell shaded models pass consistancy? I bet the lower res skins would help my FPS.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 06:43:47 AM by Mr.Ben »

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

March 05, 2005, 07:53:04 AM
Reply #8

JohnTheGarbageman

• Skulk

• View Profile
Most of n44bs stuff only really works with guns dropped, or precise minimal loadout (no extra ammo). Kind of limits usefulness. But damn if I ever need to impress the chicks in NS, thats what I'll do.

March 05, 2005, 11:43:48 AM
Reply #9

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Those were some pretty cool jumps. I liked the one in ns_metal marine start where you got on the box with full ammo. Now I can avoid those damn onos.

March 08, 2005, 03:29:18 PM
Reply #10

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
jumping video number two!

yet another vid =] gimme responses on it pls!

March 08, 2005, 03:39:26 PM
Reply #11

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
WOW. That is so cool! I love the one in viaduct, then the one near cargo hive (both nothing). The one on lost is also very useful, the one in some corridor on the ledges.

March 08, 2005, 05:32:20 PM
Reply #12

CorvusX

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Nice jumps, HD.  I wonder how you figured some of those spots out though :blink:

That being said, I'd like to make a personal request.  Mind going on a random pub, then demo-ing your pwnij of random pubbing nubs and such, that some of us can analyse the demo/vid later?  Videos like that help my game tremendously (you'd be surprised).  This request also goes to any who feel up to the task as well.  Thanks! :p

March 08, 2005, 05:50:49 PM
Reply #13

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
First of all, you can watch clan demos for that :D
But nonetheless, I would *much rather* watch some player I know play. And not necessarily on a random pub - in fact, I'd like it more if it was on LM, against us lowly nubs :)
Just a demo, and post it somewhere here. Please! :)

March 08, 2005, 06:15:53 PM
Reply #14

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
HD: do your cell shaded models pass consistancy? I bet the lower res skins would help my FPS.
[snapback]42449[/snapback]
^^

I have yet to watch the video, but I'm looking forward to doing so
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

March 08, 2005, 09:18:12 PM
Reply #15

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
I too am interested in the cell shaded packs now. Should I dig for a DL link on the models forums?

Killer jumps holy, that's awesome stuff.

March 08, 2005, 09:31:01 PM
Reply #16

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
No need; NSArmsLab has all the models/packs/sprites/sounds/whatever you might need. I totally "pimped out" my NS from there :D

March 08, 2005, 09:57:05 PM
Reply #17

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
CAL consistancy requirements FTL :(

HD = camper of scaryness.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL