Author Topic: Developer Outreach  (Read 12907 times)

March 08, 2005, 10:45:12 PM
Reply #40

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Allowing a ninja PG to go is a total failure by the alien team. On public you obviously lack co-ordination and communication like that of clan play, however that is no excuse for laziness. Firstly, you have an amazing tool called 'parasite,' i'm sure some of you have heard of this though most neglect to use it (the number of times i've just camped somewhere and frag whored without getting pare'd once is shocking). You parasite every marine you see and there should be 7 yellow dots on your screen at all times.

You then need to use another tool called 'the minimap' and need to learn to read and understand NS gameplay. Saying you can't scout one hive because you're defending the other, and then losing the hive you didn't scout is just retarded. Have your mini map up, see where your team, see the open routes, check them yourself. It's just laziness to not do it, especially if you can bunnyhop and the only person to blame if the hive goes down is yourself.

I know in clanplay, if we get ninja pg'ed then we've done something wrong and didn't do our job. It happened the other day on ns_veil, we were totally dominating and we missed a marine sneak out WSL side and get a PG up. That was a failure on the player(s) we had scouting WSL, not the game. Don't play the blame game with your failures, learn from them. We won't get ninja pg'ed like that again (i hope!)

Aliens have recieved a serious buff this patch. If you don't believe me then watch #lessthanthree play #knife on ns_veil in b5 and see marine domination both ways. Watch it on b6 and see alien domination. Unchaining the chambers would just be a step too far.

MT is an overpowering upgrade, yes. But it's 35 res and 2 minutes worth of research time, if you rush it you can't get early a1 and you probably forfeit getting an advanced armoury too. I think removing MT from the hud and having it just on the minimap would be the best way forward. Either that, keep it on the hud but allow walking skulks to not show up, and turning skulks shouldn't be on there either. Removing it entirely though just limits the options available to marines and narrows the tech tree.
[snapback]42733[/snapback]
It wouldn't work while the marine res flow is so slow and pressured like it is at the moment.  but if some of the costs of other structures and upgrades were decreased I think a 3 level motion tracking upgrade similar to the armor or weapons upgrades could be extreamly nice.  There is no reason a decked out marine team shouldn't be able to skulkhunt like the skulks can rinehunt with SoF, but there is also no reason the rines should be able to motion track so early in the game when EVERY alien is a skulk still.  The early game should be ambush time.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 28, 2005, 08:54:17 PM
Reply #41

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
I was thinking that a boon for rines, which they need, it so change the phasing speed back to what it used to be.  Now, if you bacon from pg, it's gone even with 2 skulks on it.  They can kill all who pass through it.  PG is worthless as an offensive weapon and limits the rine play ability.

March 28, 2005, 09:05:40 PM
Reply #42

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Well, as I heard, beaconing should weaken you for a few seconds, giving skulks enough time to get the phase gate. After all, why not have a downside to having all your marines spawn at once?
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 29, 2005, 12:04:12 AM
Reply #43

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Well, as I heard, beaconing should weaken you for a few seconds, giving skulks enough time to get the phase gate. After all, why not have a downside to having all your marines spawn at once?
[snapback]44674[/snapback]
a loss of 15 res and all your ninjas being sucked out of thier positions?

March 29, 2005, 12:05:06 AM
Reply #44

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Meh, maybe that's not enough.
And why would you have ninjas during a PG rush in the first place? :D
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 29, 2005, 12:09:35 AM
Reply #45

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Meh, maybe that's not enough.
And why would you have ninjas during a PG rush in the first place? :D
[snapback]44689[/snapback]
So when you lose your PG you can instantly shotty rush the other hive?

[edit] I've seen decoy PGs used several times in LM... We usually figure it out pretty fast, but sometimes we fall for it and end up eating an arseload of shotty fire.

Never trust a rush that looks like all the marines are moving in the same direction.  They are often very tricky.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 12:11:05 AM by SwiftSpear »

March 29, 2005, 08:29:53 AM
Reply #46

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Decoy PGs can be nightmarish if noone is clever enough to be scouting elsewhere.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

April 26, 2005, 09:58:26 AM
Reply #47

^Zunni^

• Lerker

• View Profile
Unfort. There is NO path around I&S!!!!

Seriously though, if you have ideas that you feel would be good additions to NS, try the new I&S.. it's monitored by several devs, and managed by myself.. Better shot of having someone in power read it there than here where there is no real active dev presence all the time....

^Zunni^ (Lead, Intelligent Design Team)

April 26, 2005, 12:30:10 PM
Reply #48

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I'm not an actor, but my first I&S idea got put into the consideration forum right away!
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

April 30, 2005, 08:14:54 PM
Reply #49

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
My DC thread got moved pretty fast... and my fix blockscripts idea got in there eventually.  I still think people are pretty confused as to how to fix the dirty gross onos problems, but there must be a solution somewhere.

May 05, 2005, 11:53:36 AM
Reply #50

Nooblet

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://www.gorgerush.net
One thing that would help aliens a lot which they dont do it OC spam. OCs are good counters for ninjas and jps and anything else there just isent enought spam. Lower the cost or something for OCs.
Pissing DHP off one sig at a time.
Breaking the respect rule are we? *rolls up sleeves* - DHP
DHP, I love you.

May 05, 2005, 07:23:27 PM
Reply #51

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
What gave you the idea that aliens need help?!
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

May 05, 2005, 07:35:23 PM
Reply #52

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
What gave you the idea that aliens need help?!
[snapback]47900[/snapback]
The fact that they are still stuck in an optimized chamber build, even though it's much closer to breaking out then it was pre 3.0f.