Author Topic: My I&S thread of doom!  (Read 2973 times)

March 01, 2005, 11:37:28 AM
Read 2973 times

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....opic=89205&st=0

I'm trying to get some good imput on what aspect of the game general NS players feel is most broken at the moment...  Unfortunately, generally your average NS player avoides the I&S forums by repution in frustration.

Please drop by and leave your opinions, just so I can get more of a gauge of what experianced players feel is most wrong with the game.

Thanks
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 01, 2005, 02:27:02 PM
Reply #1

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I already posted there, and you should click on this link, and click on the link that link takes you to, and then concur with saltzbad cause we all know his idea has merit  :)
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

March 01, 2005, 08:20:18 PM
Reply #2

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I already posted there, and you should click on this link, and click on the link that link takes you to, and then concur with saltzbad cause we all know his idea has merit  :)
[snapback]42029[/snapback]
I agree with saltzbad, but IMHO I don't think structure hitboxes are the most broken thing in the game.  The onos is untolerably crappy as it stands.

March 02, 2005, 01:51:47 AM
Reply #3

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
but as he stated, it holds the key to goddamn balance

[edit]
and I was looking for an excuse to bump the topic, now I have a |>())\/\//\/
[/edit]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 01:52:56 AM by That Annoying Kid »
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

March 02, 2005, 06:52:48 PM
Reply #4

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
The onos is quite useless now, 75% of a time a onos strikes its going to be blasted away. I rather have onos cost 100 res and have it very powerful.

March 04, 2005, 07:58:57 AM
Reply #5

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
quoted from my post in the LM forums on this topic:

My own opinion: I feel that the onos in NS right now is just compleatly broken. It costs more than the fade and is less effecive an nearly every situation other than destroying structures. The onos is not a scary and terrifying sight, it is just a big bullet magnet. The change I would make to the onos, would be to impliment damage varients in it's hitboxes, so that the places on the onos skin that appear thick and shielded take half the damage of the fleshy exposed parts. To compensate for the fact that essentially I have just doubled the onos' hit points unless the marines can shoot him from behind, I would decrease his health and armor somewhat until some semblance of balance has been reached. If need be the onos cost could be moved back up to 100 res to purchase if he begins to become too powerful for the relitively easy to reach 75 res cost. In addition, I would replace or tweak charge to the point where the ability is not utterly useless, preferably in such a way that would give the onos a substantial advantage in his basesmashing role.

The armored plating system on the onos would return the onos somewhat to the way he was in 2.0 where everyone liked him. If every marine just focused all thier fire on him like they do now, most of them would probably not do to much damage due to hitting armor; much like in 2.0 except then it was due to the stupid and ugly small hit boxes. The onos would have a higher potential skill platform as there would evolve stratiges to always keep marines on his front side and players would develop a sense for not allowing marines to flank them. In general I think my onos changes could be balanced with only tweaks to the onos himself, and add a wealth of extra depth to the game in thier implimentation.