Author Topic: NS advance  (Read 2620 times)

February 28, 2005, 12:23:13 AM
Read 2620 times

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Came across this while I was lerking the NS public beta forums.  The initial obvious problem is that it will unbalance the game in favor of the aliens, as they would have the ability to lay all the chambers right off the bat, but I still think with a proper counterplugin this could be really fun to play with.

The only thing I see massivly unbalancing this would be the fact that the aliens can drop all three chambers right off the bat. The incremental res cost of the upgrades should keep the alien rate of progress averaged until the extreamly late game, and if it came to the point where fades/onos had all upgrades, I really don't see how the marines could survive...

On hyperlarge/slow moving maps such as seige where both sides generally tend to reach thier full potential fairly fast, and epic long lasting games are fairly common, the game would quicly unbalance however.

To counter the disadvantage of both counts, I think a counter plugin should be made that allows the marines to upgrade more of thier structures (armory and observatory emidiately come to mind) as a counter for the more powerful earlygame WOLs and potentially deadly early superskulks, and also extra upgrades, perhaps to level ten, should be added at an astronomical cost for the hyper high end level upgrades.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

February 28, 2005, 08:13:42 PM
Reply #1

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
This would make aliens the dominate race, but it would surely be fun. I hope something that has the marines gets made.