Author Topic: Ban Lifting  (Read 2782 times)

February 21, 2005, 03:54:29 PM
Read 2782 times

scooter-blue

In my opinion it's great that this happened.  Here's the link to the announcement if you didnt' see it:

http://www.lunixmonster.org/forums/index.p...t=0&#entry41267

Are there any more details about the ban liftings that the admins would like us to know, such as how many were unbanned and which types of bans weren't lifted?  

Also, what level of publicity is intended for this?  LB, if someone made a post about this on NS.com (I'm not going to but just out of curiosity) would that be a bad thing?

February 21, 2005, 04:01:45 PM
Reply #1

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
There's 49 bans left out of 491 and that's all I'll say.  :p

I'm not spreading it around but there's no stopping anyone posting about it anywhere else. The announcement here and the topic in IRC are the only places I announced it.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

February 21, 2005, 09:17:32 PM
Reply #2

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Why were the bans lifted? You must be in a good mood lately.

February 21, 2005, 10:01:54 PM
Reply #3

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
no real reason to keep random people banned for so long.... those that are still left banned most of us can remember :)
-_^

February 22, 2005, 03:55:42 AM
Reply #4

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
There was a vote on this issue up in the RS slot holder boards, so many of us already know about this.  Primarily the reason was to help clear up the banlist which was becoming too overwhelmingly large to manage, since tonnes of the bans were for stupid newbie rule violations and advertizing and whatnot, most of which the players who were banned probably don't even play NS any more.  

The resers also thought that many of the banned players possibly deserved another chance, just that they quite possibly just never bothered to make a PR thread or what not.  Hopefully the banned players who would come back and grief given the chance have moved on and have better things to do these days.

The news posts that have been posted are as far as any of the offical representivives of the comunity are going to go in terms of announcing the clearing of the banlist as far as I understand it, we discussed making a large offical announcement, but most of the members of the comunity thought that trying to make a public relations grab out of something that was mostly being done for convinience anyways was probably a bad idea.

Anyways, if you were banned in the past and you are back around and reading this, welcome back to the comunity, I hope this time you can show that you have what it takes to stick around.  We are still watching, remember that.  :)

[edit] LB, I remember there was some discussion about weather confirmed hacking bans would be be lifted or not.  I know many of the banned players I can probably name, but did we end up lifting hacking bans in the end or not?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 04:00:01 AM by SwiftSpear »
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

February 23, 2005, 07:55:30 AM
Reply #5

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Actually, according to the vote that was taken, most of the resslotters wanted it widely advertised. However, since this place is a benevolent dictatorship, not a democracy, we went with the good ol' executive override.

February 23, 2005, 09:29:33 PM
Reply #6

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Actually, according to the vote that was taken, most of the resslotters wanted it widely advertised. However, since this place is a benevolent dictatorship, not a democracy, we went with the good ol' executive override.
[snapback]41439[/snapback]
Well, as I recall about 10-11 of the slotters expressed a desire to change thier votes after I made my comments on how I invisioned the information to be released...  I figured it would have averaged out to about 50/50.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL