Author Topic: My school's IT Club Website  (Read 3678 times)

February 06, 2005, 12:43:23 AM
Read 3678 times

spinviper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Exitus Acta Probat

February 06, 2005, 06:48:54 AM
Reply #1

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
SchoolDNA, can't login?
You won't be able to login to SchoolDNA if you are using:

- MAC
- Linux
- Windows SP2 (not yet confirmed)
- Any web browsers other than Internet Explorer
Teh lewse. I know this is done on purpose (because the site says so), but if anything, that just makes it more teh lewse. The real irony kicks in when you notice the Firefox ad on the right: "This site is best viewed with a Mozilla browser." Is it now?
Oh, and at the top: "Website best viewed with Mozilla Browsers. Try not to use IE to view this site."
Is there anything specific you actually want to show us, or are you just advertising? Your post only contains "Click." Why exactly should we click? What are we supposed to look for? Please tell me you're not just advertising without asking a moderator first.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 06:59:19 AM by lolfighter »

February 06, 2005, 09:59:21 AM
Reply #2

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
... what is this?! A random school in some random place. What do you want us to do with it?
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

February 06, 2005, 08:29:40 PM
Reply #3

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
SchoolDNA, can't login?
You won't be able to login to SchoolDNA if you are using:

- MAC
- Linux
- Windows SP2 (not yet confirmed)
- Any web browsers other than Internet Explorer
Teh lewse. I know this is done on purpose (because the site says so), but if anything, that just makes it more teh lewse. The real irony kicks in when you notice the Firefox ad on the right: "This site is best viewed with a Mozilla browser." Is it now?
Oh, and at the top: "Website best viewed with Mozilla Browsers. Try not to use IE to view this site."
Is there anything specific you actually want to show us, or are you just advertising? Your post only contains "Click." Why exactly should we click? What are we supposed to look for? Please tell me you're not just advertising without asking a moderator first.
[snapback]40132[/snapback]

Its activex, I bet.  I'm almost certain it uses activex.. the site scares me though

February 06, 2005, 10:01:27 PM
Reply #4

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
that site does scare me as well but what is it we are supposed to be looking for/at  >_<
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

February 07, 2005, 12:32:16 AM
Reply #5

Loke The Sleek Peruvian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Is it post your school's site day? If so OMG SCHOOLS IN PERU WTF?
I am Sleek.

Are you?

Only in peru would you consider being closer to satan 'winning'... INCA HAX FOR THE WIN!

February 07, 2005, 01:14:38 AM
Reply #6

spinviper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Nah, I just joined the school this year and I wanted to show you how the website was.

The schoolDNA learing platform was done by an external vendor, the school/pupils have no way around it.
Exitus Acta Probat

February 07, 2005, 09:15:34 AM
Reply #7

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Microsoft DNA, iirc, was a precursor to the current day .Net framework, for any business software coding geeks out there.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 07, 2005, 09:29:33 AM
Reply #8

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile

AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

February 07, 2005, 10:19:36 AM
Reply #9

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
^^

please give me an e-mail from anyone in your schools IT department so I can laugh at them.

My high schools setup was just about as worse as this one. I graduated last year, and I could still use my name / login at the campus when I went back for a visit last week  :huh:  :blink:  >_<

[edit]
CLICK
[edit2]
I'm almost willing to bet the students were responsible for the firefox add, and the distric is responsible for the DNA
[/edit]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 10:32:16 AM by That Annoying Kid »
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

February 07, 2005, 03:01:19 PM
Reply #10

Magmatron

• Onos

• View Profile
Not as good

See if you can find me in the credits. I did nothing, but someone got labeled a photographer.

TyrNem...blah blah blah

February 07, 2005, 03:12:48 PM
Reply #11

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
<a picture>

AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
[snapback]40186[/snapback]
I pointed that out in my reply. Which was also the first one. v_v

February 07, 2005, 09:25:31 PM
Reply #12

spinviper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
This website is not SCHOOLDNA or the offical schools website, this is a student run webby for the school's IT CLUB. They advertize firefox for viewing EVERTHING execpt for www.schooldna.com

Guess you guys didn't really understand what SCHOOLDNA was.   :mellow:

lf: Please do not double-post. There's an edit button for Post Scriptums.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 06:14:30 AM by lolfighter »
Exitus Acta Probat

February 09, 2005, 04:19:00 PM
Reply #13

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
What the, Your school has a cs server...

February 10, 2005, 02:38:05 AM
Reply #14

TheMunch8

• Skulk

• View Profile
^^

please give me an e-mail from anyone in your schools IT department so I can laugh at them.

My high schools setup was just about as worse as this one. I graduated last year, and I could still use my name / login at the campus when I went back for a visit last week  :huh:  :blink:  >_<

[edit]
CLICK
[edit2]
I'm almost willing to bet the students were responsible for the firefox add, and the distric is responsible for the DNA
[/edit]
[snapback]40188[/snapback]

Don't get me started about DSHS's tech stuff.  Keith and I made a website (mostly keith) which was perfect.  Spent hours and hours on it, but they came in and decided to do it by 'professionals' even though it would probably look better that students did it.  

Security always lacked.  The default password for an account was your ID number.  Keith and I figured out you could locate the domain server on the network, and view all the accounts, and low and behold, in the information field, you got the ID numbers!  of course, we wanted to report it to get it fixed, but we would be accused of trying to hack the system, and be suspended. So we just sat, and didn't do anything.  If you believe Meizel, we were the first k-12 school on the Internet.  U.S. Congress trusts us more then our own school IT.  (it is sad when...)  (youve heard the story, right tak?)  So many other problems, its mind boggling.  Letting the HS administration deal with Tech stuff is like letting a Polar Bear edit a newspaper.  Not a chance in hell that it will get done right.

February 10, 2005, 09:03:48 AM
Reply #15

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
my high schools webpage CLICKEH!

my current schools webpageCLICKEH!!
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

February 10, 2005, 09:44:24 AM
Reply #16

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
You can't register online?
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman