Author Topic: Play Isketch  (Read 3058 times)

February 08, 2005, 04:57:49 PM
Read 3058 times

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
roommate showed me this. its quite fun. you get a random word like 'boat' or something and try to draw it so others can guess it. points awarded to guessers for speed and to the drawer if everyone gets it.  

my roommate likes to draw a penis for every word he gets, always gets kicked out of the rooms.  :rolleyes:

and i like drawing things that are completely unrelated to the actual word. like when i had the word 'dresser' i drew a tank driving across a desert. then said afterwords 'you guys were so close to it'.

>:D

sometimes i play for real though.

http://www.isketch.net/
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 04:58:13 PM by fatty »

February 08, 2005, 05:06:18 PM
Reply #1

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
I love isketch.  Can't draw but its fun.

February 08, 2005, 05:45:43 PM
Reply #2

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
We've been Isketching for a while now fatteh, we've even started up our own LM rooms that we all play on a bunch of times...  Hang out on IRC and everyonce in a while you can catch a game
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

February 08, 2005, 06:58:19 PM
Reply #3

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
oh? you guys already knew about it? damn.

and i refuse to go on irc evar!

February 08, 2005, 07:10:41 PM
Reply #4

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile

February 08, 2005, 07:47:25 PM
Reply #5

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
advanced rooms???!!!  The easy is too freaking hard for me!

And Fatty - you need to play more NS  :(

February 08, 2005, 07:48:22 PM
Reply #6

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
FATTY COME TO IRC

February 08, 2005, 08:45:06 PM
Reply #7

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
This sounds like InkLink, I remeber playing inklink when I was like 10 and people would private message me and say asl? I was like WHAT? Then then asked me do you wanna cyber.

February 09, 2005, 07:50:14 AM
Reply #8

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
Too bad there are some people who clearly should NOT be allowed to draw in isketch.  cest la vie...
God, I'm old.

February 09, 2005, 10:01:27 AM
Reply #9

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Too bad there are some people who clearly should NOT be allowed to draw in isketch.  cest la vie...
[snapback]40349[/snapback]

Yea, like you Mr Isketch-OGC 2.0 :p :D

February 09, 2005, 10:40:16 AM
Reply #10

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
It's not even that, snark.  The other day i ran into a whole group of people that had pads and talent... could have been a GREAT game.

BUT...

the way they playe was sooo annoying.  They'd use 90% of the time allotted to draw some big masterpiece unrelated to the clue, then at the end throw in a little nod towards the clue.

Example...

This one guy drew a very nice looking woman in a toga, very detailed.  Then added a harp.  Then a pair of wings on her.

Time was almost up, so he then switched to blue pencil and scribbled under her feet...  for CLOUD.

God, I'm old.

February 09, 2005, 10:41:44 AM
Reply #11

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
5 stroke limit? Yikes. Perhaps you can hold down the mouse and never let go, though, that way you won't need that many strokes :) Unless you like to use colours/different thicknesse/etc.
We should have an official LM isketch server :p
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

February 09, 2005, 11:02:13 AM
Reply #12

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
advanced rooms???!!!  The easy is too freaking hard for me!

And Fatty - you need to play more NS  :(
[snapback]40318[/snapback]
as soon as WoW returns my soul to me.

February 09, 2005, 11:46:11 AM
Reply #13

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
advanced rooms???!!!  The easy is too freaking hard for me!

And Fatty - you need to play more NS  :(
[snapback]40318[/snapback]
as soon as WoW returns my soul to me.
[snapback]40360[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I'm commraging all the time now, wondering, where is my fatty?!?!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 10, 2005, 03:14:18 AM
Reply #14

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
It's not even that, snark.  The other day i ran into a whole group of people that had pads and talent... could have been a GREAT game.

BUT...

the way they playe was sooo annoying.  They'd use 90% of the time allotted to draw some big masterpiece unrelated to the clue, then at the end throw in a little nod towards the clue.

Example...

This one guy drew a very nice looking woman in a toga, very detailed.  Then added a harp.  Then a pair of wings on her.

Time was almost up, so he then switched to blue pencil and scribbled under her feet...  for CLOUD.
[snapback]40358[/snapback]
I hate that so much, friggin showoffs.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

February 10, 2005, 10:12:06 PM
Reply #15

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
Actually though you really do get a ton of time to draw a very elaborate picture, something like two minutes, so that person probably didn't run out of drawing time.  However, there's a much shorter timer that starts once one person guesses the word.  So what might have happened was that someone guessed the word when the drawer was only part done, triggering the shorter timer and running the person out of time before he could finish the picture.

Nope.  They used most of the drawing time on eveything but the cloud... everyone in the room was doing things like that.  I emembe, because what frustrated me was that i was the only one guessing wods - the 'brute force synonym' method - angel, harp, wings, seraphim, etc etc etc.  

Then the timer was almost up, and he scribbled his cloud on.  Then the red timer started, because the othe folks in the room knew the dilly-o.

Lately I've been doing the Tandem room, where two people team up at a time to make a drawing to be guessed at, and some of the Theme rooms, like Animals.

HOWEVER... today something happened that convinced me there's gotta be some way to cheat.  There was this chick that ALWAYS got EVERY guess right, right away, etc, a la the vets you mention, scooter.

Which is not in itself weird.  Except once when she guessed the word before the person drew anything... that piqued my interest.  Then, later, I had the word Black Rhinocerous; broke it into two parts, a black square and a rhino, np.

Partway in, a new person joins, doesnt pay attention to that one... you know how it goes.  So it picks him to draw next; he's  not paying attention, so he sees where the game said my clue was Black Rhinocerous... so he thinks that's HIS clue.

So he draws almost exactly what I did... and that chick manages to guess the word he had anyway: DINOSAUR.

Damn near blew my stack.

...only a game... only a game... only a game...
God, I'm old.