Author Topic: Stacking has to stop  (Read 6827 times)

January 22, 2005, 02:17:45 PM
Reply #20

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
if your a good player [you know who you are] look at the teams, and anti stack.

stacking is one of those old things, personally I would be down for a trial of the plugin that turns all entrances in the RR into "random" [well minus spectate of course]

either way I would want to see more of people's oppinions first
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

January 22, 2005, 02:58:13 PM
Reply #21

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
if your a good player [you know who you are] look at the teams, and anti stack.

stacking is one of those old things, personally I would be down for a trial of the plugin that turns all entrances in the RR into "random" [well minus spectate of course]

either way I would want to see more of people's oppinions first
[snapback]39067[/snapback]

Enforcing anti-stacking is not something I would support, especially the way you put it. Stacking is like onosing in 1vs1 CO or something: it's by the rules, it's allowed, it's not exploiting, but it's simply not right, morally. If people want to go onos in 1vs1, you probably cannot stop them, but you CAN ask them not to do that again. If they listen, good. If they don't, then that player who's onos is one player with whom I wouldn't want to play again. Same with stacking: you can ask people not to do it. If they do, oh well, they're in for a boring game. They will probably learn by themselves that stacked teams => boring game. If they don't, that's too bad, and again, people wouldn't want to play with them.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

January 22, 2005, 03:38:52 PM
Reply #22

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
bring back the bind of doom

January 22, 2005, 05:21:28 PM
Reply #23

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I always follow the "elderly" (Ex. Bob, Nite, Rad, etc) because playing with them makes it seem like theyre vets of a war and know alot of whats going on. So I like to follow to their team and listen to their orders, usually with rad though his orders cost us the game ;)  <3

But other than that, I usually go Alien

January 22, 2005, 06:18:04 PM
Reply #24

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Guys, you're going into all these "fixes" when the best one is the simplest. It's as easy as Occam's razor (didn't think we naive religious ppl knew secular philosophy, eh?):

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate" or "plurality should not be posited without necessity."

IN other words, the simplest explanation is the correct one. In this case, do your personal best to keep the teams even, then we'll have no worries.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

January 22, 2005, 10:00:36 PM
Reply #25

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

January 23, 2005, 11:19:29 AM
Reply #26

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Reg teams do exponentially better than random pub teams. This is because most of us know what the rest of us are good at. I always gorge, Bill always relocates, Scoot/HD/others are the bladed messiah, Asal is death on wings.

This means on such a team, you can have a reasonable guess as to where we are lacking. If I see regs on an alien team, then I know my job is gorge to back them up with a hive and chambers. If I see a stack of faces on Marines (Sheen, Scoot, Bill) then I can be fairly certain that a coordinated pack of rines is going to come barrelling towards the hive within the first 5 minutes.

If, on looking at the teams, the GAME (game, not match) is going to be a foregone conclusion, consider switching. Yes its dull when noone else will do anything constructive, and its freaking irritating when noone will ever consider defending the hive or placing rts, but at the same time its a bit of a challenge, as opposed to "lets see if I can beat my personal best".
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

January 23, 2005, 05:18:07 PM
Reply #27

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
w00t, Im considered a stack!

Mind you, if you see me comm, it's really just random chance that Ill be winning, so watch for that. :-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

January 24, 2005, 08:26:43 AM
Reply #28

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet

i allways allways join the nub team, if i end up on a stack, its cause people joined after me.

i cant tell you how annoying it is for your teammates (usually on aliens) to suck so bad that you wanna shout "COLLABORATOR!"
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

January 24, 2005, 09:25:33 AM
Reply #29

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I go on ebnars team.

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

January 24, 2005, 09:40:12 AM
Reply #30

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Admin stack pretty much means that team looses, but uh its fun anyway ;)

We shouldn't have to resort to plugins to fix stacking, it should be something you guys can fix all by yourself.  Let me say that again.  We shouldn't have to resort to plugins to fix stacking.

And yes, I am saying it.

January 25, 2005, 09:35:46 AM
Reply #31

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
I go on ebnars team.
[snapback]39142[/snapback]

-8458073 cool points for ben!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 26, 2005, 03:36:25 AM
Reply #32

SgtFury

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I love going on opposite team to ebnar and then getting my butt handed to me  :(  

NO wait thats not it I like a challenge.... yes thats it..... honest.

January 26, 2005, 09:55:04 AM
Reply #33

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
i like a challenge too.  I do just about everything:  play only on one team when i feel like doing so, random FTW, and then also i will alternate between the two teams
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]