Poll

How do you like yer NS?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: How do you like yer NS?  (Read 12853 times)

January 23, 2005, 04:41:51 PM
Reply #20

Bait-Boy

• Lerker

• View Profile
Epic  ^_^

I really miss those hour long games...  v_v

January 24, 2005, 09:42:21 AM
Reply #21

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
I miss the 6 hr long games of 1.04.  Those  were fun.  It wasn't the marines camping outside the hive, it was an intense struggle between both teams, which is what made it fun.  6hr games were nice, you would have pretty much both teams composed of mostly new players by the end.  Hell, you could even leave for awhile, come back and find the same game going on.  You just don't see that anymore.. I miss it.

January 24, 2005, 10:03:49 AM
Reply #22

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
10-30min, depends if its pcw or public.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

January 24, 2005, 10:49:09 AM
Reply #23

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I miss the 6 hr long games of 1.04.  Those  were fun.  It wasn't the marines camping outside the hive, it was an intense struggle between both teams, which is what made it fun.  6hr games were nice, you would have pretty much both teams composed of mostly new players by the end.  Hell, you could even leave for awhile, come back and find the same game going on.  You just don't see that anymore.. I miss it.
[snapback]39145[/snapback]

I've only seen one game longer than 4 hours since b5. It was on a small French server, and it wasn't even a real "epic" game; there were about 4 players on (all of which knew each other). They were AFK here and there, and turret farms were the main reason for the longetivity of the game.

The last "epic" game I had - more than 2 hours - was on ns_nothing, back in 2.0, one of them versions. It wasn't constant turret farming, but non-stop back and forth action. I'm not looking to have that all the time, but I would love to have that here and there. I don't like 10 min games; 20 games are what occurs all the time, unfortunately. It's usually the same thing if Marines win: Marines get lots of res -> Aliens manage to get 2nd hive up -> Marines take out 1st or 2nd hive -> Aliens get a fade or two, maybe advance back on Marines -> Marines have enough res for heavy train, march to last hive, destroy it.
What I'm looking for it is 30-40 minute games. It should not be possible to tell who's going to win a game within 10 minutes.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

January 24, 2005, 11:31:54 AM
Reply #24

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
if the game is longer than 30 min. I usually lose interest.  By that point some team is typically losing, just very verrrrry slowly - and I loathe long endgames, when it takes aliums 10 min to take out rine base or ha/hmgs 10 min to take out the final hive.  HATE HATE HATE.  So if the games could be longer without necessarely having that I'd be all for it.

January 24, 2005, 12:11:48 PM
Reply #25

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
That is the way they used to be ducky. Long, but not drug out. Most people don't understand that when people talk of the old long games, they simply think of a long game in current version terms.

January 24, 2005, 03:52:07 PM
Reply #26

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Yea, a long game filled with action, like the marines taking a hive, aliens retaking it... is fun.
Marines taking forever to finish a game is not.

January 24, 2005, 04:33:06 PM
Reply #27

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
classic games of 1.04....
me as vingorge
ayatollah as ayacom
monkeyman and mr.miku as the loyal ninjaskulks
nubs as various marine and alien roles.
MASSIVE battles raging everywhere with everyone ensued. One gorge holding off 4 GLs while valliantly defending his last hive. Laughing as the com realizes the only way to beat the gorge is to siege him to kingdom come.
20 siege cannons commense.
good fugging times for everyone.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 04:39:32 PM by Vinegar Ninja »

January 24, 2005, 09:06:01 PM
Reply #28

Wolfwood

• Skulk

• View Profile
My first game of NS after a long break from playing was an epic game. That made me happy  :D

January 25, 2005, 06:40:11 AM
Reply #29

Iconoclast

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Short and sweet, about 20 minutes long is the ideal time I like play under.

January 25, 2005, 07:24:51 AM
Reply #30

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I suspect 1.04 games would end much faster now with the knowledge people possess about gameplay and such.

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

January 25, 2005, 08:50:01 AM
Reply #31

JohnTheGarbageman

• Skulk

• View Profile
I like my games like my sex. We just met, it all goes down really fast, and the next thing you hear is a shocked "What, that was IT ?".

January 25, 2005, 10:29:10 AM
Reply #32

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
^^^
Haha. John wins for the best description.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

January 25, 2005, 01:32:36 PM
Reply #33

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I remember JohnJacob's tale of an ns game.....first one he ever told me about, i think...

FOUR HOURS-  I CANT EVEN SIT STILL THAT LONG!

4 hours of Epic NS, egads......cant possibly think of how the comm must have felt after that....

Epic > anything
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 01:32:49 PM by Kodiac »
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

January 30, 2005, 12:14:53 PM
Reply #34

Azazeal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Im gunna hafta say Longer - Epic, To me theres nothing like a Even match agianst marines and aliens where the more cunning barely make it up on top, to me thats the best ns game ill ever play  >:D

January 30, 2005, 12:53:10 PM
Reply #35

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Epic games, knock down drag-em-out blood sweat and tears kind of epic games.

January 31, 2005, 03:19:01 PM
Reply #36

TheAdj

• Skulk

• View Profile
30-45 minutes of nonstop action is the most I can take and continue playing.  If I have to go all-out for over an hour, I'm usually done for the day (I'm sure some of you have seen crazy lerk-fests for an hour in the same game, it's physically tiring).

February 01, 2005, 09:40:07 AM
Reply #37

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Yeah, if I" m in the chair, and it's a tooth and nail fight, back and forth, 40 mins is when I"m really wearing down. at around 50 minutes I'm seriously considering just quitting because I'm so tired.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 01, 2005, 11:46:26 AM
Reply #38

Owen

• Skulk

• View Profile
why even ask... Epic.

It's always been a love of mine to make a game last for ages, I love it. I used to love being in standoffs, for about 20 minutes at a time it was HA vs Fade until either side gave, then there was a push forward, and then another standoff.

February 01, 2005, 05:27:05 PM
Reply #39

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
tooth and nail games are what made me what my forum message says I am today!

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win