Author Topic: THE april fools prank.  (Read 10914 times)

January 13, 2005, 07:23:19 PM
Read 10914 times

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
idea is something of the sort;

i confess or someone bans me for hacking, pr post and all. confessing would be more believeable imo, i'd make some long sob post.

could ditch the pr forum altogether imo if i 'confessed', so it's probably easier to go with that

wanted to get everyones opinions(admin chan gave positive feedback so figured id post)  feel free to give suggestions, id would be great if LB or Jhunz could get into this as well ;x

and yes i realize april is a while away, but i want to make this good and i'd probably forget by march =[
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 07:31:30 PM by holy_devil »

January 13, 2005, 07:25:59 PM
Reply #1

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
I call making the ban

January 14, 2005, 02:22:44 AM
Reply #2

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Only way I can stay in character is by being mostly indifferent and going v_v a lot.

January 14, 2005, 03:50:21 AM
Reply #3

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
I only worry about what sorta vitriol and ranting this might pull from self righteous regs. Other than that it sounds funny. :)
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 14, 2005, 04:25:49 AM
Reply #4

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
That would be quite hilarious, but Nite could be right. But it would be fun to see how people react even if what they say is a little crazy.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

January 14, 2005, 07:05:28 PM
Reply #5

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
This has potential for hilarity. If only we can still remember it in a couple months.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

January 14, 2005, 10:16:18 PM
Reply #6

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Too much work, I think I'm gonna come in and go "*BANNED* LOL APRIL FOOLS oh wait that was the whole channel..." haha get it?

I reveal penis I know psychology.

January 15, 2005, 06:20:12 AM
Reply #7

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
No, don't get it. And of course it'll incur ranting and vitriol from our regs. We' handle it the usual way though, by acting aloof and indifferent. And then it'll all be revealed the next day. :D

January 15, 2005, 01:54:51 PM
Reply #8

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
You know, I think this would be found out very soon. Perhaps to make it seem more real, and to fool them even more, do it on the 31st or the 2nd :D

January 15, 2005, 02:02:36 PM
Reply #9

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
You know, I think this would be found out very soon. Perhaps to make it seem more real, and to fool them even more, do it on the 31st or the 2nd :D
[snapback]38622[/snapback]

thats even evil-er  >:D me likey. perhaps the 31st so we can reveal it on april fools day?

January 15, 2005, 03:33:23 PM
Reply #10

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
Dunno why, but I thought about it today.  I think it would be funny but agree that it should happen before april 1st.  this is how I was thinking it would be effective:

You play during a time that some of our regs (ideally our loud mouth regs) are on - vinnie like the bum he is takes up a spot speccing.... and eventually bans you.  You (HD) take it up in #lm and bitch about being banned and also banned from the #lmadmins channel (to give good reason for discussing it in #lm)  You and vinnie but heads and being the good debater vinnie is he gets you to say F*CK IT!  And quit.  (and/or banned from LM).  And we sit back for a day or so and watch the rumors fly.

hehehehe  I like it  >:D

January 16, 2005, 08:47:49 AM
Reply #11

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I say we sticky this one for the time being. Would be a shame if discussion died out and it dropped off the first page.

January 16, 2005, 10:16:41 AM
Reply #12

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
It probably won't go off the first page, LF. The last posts for other threads was the 5th. ;)

January 19, 2005, 09:43:54 PM
Reply #13

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
For full effectiveness you need to get banned from LM, start IRC drama, get banned from there, start forum drama, get banned from the community, then come back and say lol prank'd.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

January 20, 2005, 10:35:38 AM
Reply #14

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You've been punk'd.

January 26, 2005, 03:44:14 PM
Reply #15

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
HD, you should make a demo with h4x?!
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

February 28, 2005, 09:26:18 PM
Reply #16

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
okay, march is in half an hour so figured we'd start planning.

this is how i vision it happening:

on say, march 30th, me and vinnie are playing on the server. he awaits for me to do some kill(preferably a decent one where i could be hacking). he then proceeds to ban me from the server, and is like LOL HAX SRY GUYS!?!?.

slide over to forums, where i post in pr saying i was banned from admin channel(rather keep myself in there so you guys can talk to me and vice versa, no one can check anyway =]) and LB or someone proceeds to ban my forum acc(i assume that banning it won't affect my acc right?(pw/whatever)

insert banning me from #lm somewhere in there, probably after the "admin channel ban" =x act as if this was a planned ban for a while imo, because banning me in the case of hacking would actually require input(i must be hiding it very well, after all, been here a while =p)

and let the WTF HD BANT SKILL BANNERS ZOMG begin. maybe do it near the end of the day on the 30th, so people have a day to roast over it. then on the 1st.. we pop the big suprise  :D

--

how does that sound? any suggestions, comments, etc? and vin, can you guarentee you'll be around on the 30th? as well, just as a backup, we'll need someone else who wants to do it, incase vin can't be there for some reason.

>:D  >:D  >:D  >:D

February 28, 2005, 09:34:39 PM
Reply #17

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
I call the IRC bans :D
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

March 01, 2005, 11:51:27 AM
Reply #18

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
March can't end fast enough. :D

EDIT: I think someone should say in HD's "dual purpose thread ftw, !" thread that they think he really hacks. It would be just that person's opinion. And then later they can say: "See I was right all the time."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 11:56:23 AM by Malevolent »

March 01, 2005, 04:34:23 PM
Reply #19

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
the way to really do this nicely, is ban him for the whole day. Then on the second we pretend nothing ever happened. We just delete all evidence from the forums and servers.
it would be hilarious :D