Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 5258 times)

January 05, 2004, 08:49:42 AM
Reply #20

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
    [/li][li] "Txt Spk".... I can understand why you'd do it on a cell phone since you only have a limited space to type your message, but on the internet when you have all the time in the world, it just makes you look damned lazy. People might argue for doing it on IRC, but... er.... SHUT UP. I can type as fast using whole words. It's not exactly difficult.

[/li]
I totally agree, people are just lazy, and I must admit, i'm lazy too, but jeebus crist! its just another freakin letter or two.  I mean, you might as well be typing a bnch of lttrs lke this or maybe you should just not talk, or speak in abv.! HF! (how fun). I can understand leaving a"g" off of the end of present progressive verb (like running to runnin) because thats dialect, hell, i even do that. But when you start leaving letters out of words that should be there and don't even look right without them, that pisses me off.

God! sorry... ranting is fun :p

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

January 05, 2004, 09:41:47 AM
Reply #21

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Gawd, i have too many really.
    [/li][li] Not getting spare time to myself. Even if i'm spending time with my girlfriend or close friends, i need my own space from time to time.
    [/li]
hey esuna, two things

1) yer name and yer avatar make me think you are  a girl. but i'm 99% sure yer not. just an fyi :)
2) what sorta sound stuff do you do?
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 05, 2004, 08:30:34 PM
Reply #22

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Noting really annoys me out in my personal life, but in NS i REALLY EXTREMLY POSATIVLY HATE players who always end a flame or a sentence to try and prove something by adding in kthnx at the end, it makes them sound like (female dog)y and like a stuck up girl, it also sounds like there trying to "put u down" even tho over the internet i really dont find it offensive, but really funny. and people who say it makes me really wish they lived by me so i can punch thier pathetic immature face in to make sure they wont be getting any girls and or guys <_<

and a certain someone did that to me not too long ago, but i kept my cool because i like LM and dont wanna get bant from it o_O or else my ns gaming will prob halt

January 06, 2004, 07:02:54 AM
Reply #23

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
hey esuna, two things

1) yer name and yer avatar make me think you are  a girl. but i'm 99% sure yer not. just an fyi :)
2) what sorta sound stuff do you do?
Pfft, i'm positive you've heard me over voice comms. If i am a girl, i'm a girl with a husky voice. :D

And i do a bit of sound really. I've had a buggerload of experience live mixing and some recording experience. I used to work in a theatre doing lighting and sound, so it helps to know. Other than that i'm a vocalist in a hardcore / metalcore band, play a stupid amount of instruments (well, used to), have attended music school in the past and i make ambient, noise and electronic dance music. :D
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

January 06, 2004, 07:53:23 AM
Reply #24

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Toldya LM has all the musicians.

January 12, 2004, 12:54:20 PM
Reply #25

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
i hate it when a marine runs towards the comm chair at the beginning of the map only to stop a few feet from it and like.. guard it or something. i see him running, i stop going towards the cc. i get into 'rine' mode. then he doesn't get in.. GRR!! :o
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 18, 2004, 01:21:08 AM
Reply #26

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
- going backwards to sit on the toilet, only to discover that the seat is down(this is espicially bad in the mornings, actually i think it only happens in the mornings)

- people who ask for helps, but when you try to help them you get no progress at all because they don't understand anything - and they kinda expect that you can just "*pow* teach me".

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

January 18, 2004, 04:32:26 AM
Reply #27

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
- people who ask for helps, but when you try to help them you get no progress at all because they don't understand anything - and they kinda expect that you can just "*pow* teach me".
I think that could just be summed up as "-Dumb people.".

But yeah, that's another pet peeve of mine.
  • I hate to teach people. I don't care if they're the fastest learner in the world, if they don't get it right first time, it just pisses me off.
  • Kids.
  • People that claim to "hack" or "crack" and have only achieved in accidently finiding a password to some obscure site, and then claim to be thirteenthirtyseven.
  • People that say "When i was younger..." and are only just passed puberty.
  • People that don't listen to my opinion when i clearly know more than them. I know this one sounds pretty arrogant, but when it comes down to certain things i do know more than a lot of people, one such thing is web design. I get annoyed when people don't listen to my clear, thought out, honest and actually sensible critique. For those of you who know my website critiques on the NS forums, you'll see what i mean. I don't type out huge essays taking apart websites for the fun of it you know. :)
  • Other people being lazy. I'm lazy myself, half the time i can't be bothered to do something for myself, why the hell would i do something because someone else is too lazy to do it themselves?
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

January 18, 2004, 08:36:02 PM
Reply #28

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
    • http://

[/li][li]I hate to teach people. I don't care if they're the fastest learner in the world, if they don't get it right first time, it just pisses me off.

[/li]
  • Kids.

• People that claim to "hack" or "crack" and have only achieved in accidently finiding a password to some obscure site, and then claim to be thirteenthirtyseven.

• People that don't listen to my opinion when i clearly know more than them. I know this one sounds pretty arrogant, but when it comes down to certain things i do know more than a lot of people, one such thing is web design. I get annoyed when people don't listen to my clear, thought out, honest and actually sensible critique. For those of you who know my website critiques on the NS forums, you'll see what i mean. I don't type out huge essays taking apart websites for the fun of it you know. :)

• Other people being lazy. I'm lazy myself, half the time i can't be bothered to do something for myself, why the hell would i do something because someone else is too lazy to do it themselves?

• Yep
  • Yep
  • Yeah
  • Uh Huh
  • Oh Yeah
  • Definitally
  • Total Agreeage
Those are all exactly the same as mine :ph34r:

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

January 19, 2004, 02:01:37 AM
Reply #29

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

[/li][li]I hate to teach people. I don't care if they're the fastest learner in the world, if they don't get it right first time, it just pisses me off.

[/li]
  • Kids.

When I was younger I taugh my kids how to h4x!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 02:01:59 AM by Uranium - 235 »