Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 5234 times)

January 03, 2004, 09:14:42 PM
Read 5234 times

Satanic Monkey

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.thecatacombs.net
Ok Everyone has a pet peeve , I'm only going to list 10 because i'm lazy and in no particular order. You can put how many pet peeves , but try to make a min of 10 at least.

1. When anyone opens my door without knocking or knock then open , oh sorry i saw you playing a game and i thought it will be nice to come in, why do you lock your door? Stupid people ,

2.People who say they like all music , when they're actually talking about the music on mtv or the radio.

3. Mtv

4.When i'm playing ns and i leave my away messag on trillian and some person ims and says oh what's ns , is that like counter strike with aliens.......yes it is...stupid f*cks.

5.Anyone who likes Emeril

6.Any cartoon that doesn't have tentacles

7.Vegeterians ( only the ones who bitch at me for eating animals)

8. Kids

9.Neighbors who still have halloween decorations

10. Deadjournal or any webjournal pos
« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 09:16:15 PM by Satanic Monkey »
Don't mess with me punk, I'll post in your

January 03, 2004, 10:15:11 PM
Reply #1

BlaqWolf

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
one of the only clocks we have in our house is the one on my microwave. that's what i primarily use to check time.

that being said, i hate when some one uses the microwave and pauses it to take their food out and doesn't clear the timer so you can see the frickin time. then i have to get up and do it.

sometimes it'll even be at :01... what is the point of pausing the microwave if there's only ONE second to cook left! YOUR FOOD'S ALREADY BURNED!!! and clear that stupid thing! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
*In Soviet Russia, armory humps you!

January 03, 2004, 11:33:30 PM
Reply #2

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
one of the only clocks we have in our house is the one on my microwave. that's what i primarily use to check time.

that being said, i hate when some one uses the microwave and pauses it to take their food out and doesn't clear the timer so you can see the frickin time. then i have to get up and do it.

sometimes it'll even be at :01... what is the point of pausing the microwave if there's only ONE second to cook left! YOUR FOOD'S ALREADY BURNED!!! and clear that stupid thing! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
God I thought I was the only one that has that happen :D

January 03, 2004, 11:38:45 PM
Reply #3

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
when people (including me =3 ) say or mean to do something and don't do it.  It's so easy to have a big mouth or mean well, but it doesn't mean crud in the end if you don't actually do something about it.  Whether it's something as small as putting things in the dishwasher instead of the sink or something as large as changing aspects of your life or personality, failing to actually succeed in doing them irks me to my core.

"I should really stop smoking" -> THEN FRIGGING STOP OR SHUSH!!! NO POINT IN LAMENTING IF YOU DON'T MEAN TO CHANGE....

jees I feel good ranting about that kind of stuff ^^

January 03, 2004, 11:48:18 PM
Reply #4

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I hate people that post on forums, take the time to sign up, think of a topic, and write it out... but can't be bothered to use 'you' 'for', or any sort of proper english or respect for the rules of the language... god if I ran a forum using 'u' as 'you' would get you banned right away.

January 04, 2004, 10:42:45 AM
Reply #5

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Why not just censor the letter 'u' with 'you'? Wait, I know the answer to that... it woyould make it terrible difficyoult to actyoually write something meaningfyoul.

January 04, 2004, 10:52:45 AM
Reply #6

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I hate my alarm clock since it makes an incredibly irritating noise; I always have to reset the damn thing when the power goes out (or someone stupid unplugs it) -- this is very annoying. I also somewhat dislike people that can't write complete sentences on forums for some reason. But most of all, I hate "Pet Peeve" threads :p. Just kiddin' of course.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

January 04, 2004, 12:33:29 PM
Reply #7

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
things that are not flammable, they annoy me to no end

January 04, 2004, 01:13:41 PM
Reply #8

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Mall rats.

Cell phones.

People who think Maddox is funny.

Emo music.

That is all.

January 04, 2004, 01:14:01 PM
Reply #9

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I hate it when people take a game and use cheats or alterations to make it easier; the reason it wasn't easy is to make it challenging!!!  If it was actually somewhat difficult then when you get to the final outcome you feel like you've accomplished something.
This goes tripley-true for multiplayer games, especially when you want to show friends something... it's like someone just scribbled graffiti over it and ran away with the best parts (the first PSO offline demo was a great example; no multiplayer and worst of all it had invincibility on so you couldn't even be hit o.O  How the heck would that make anyone want to play the full version?)

January 04, 2004, 02:14:40 PM
Reply #10

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
Why not just censor the letter 'u' with 'you'? Wait, I know the answer to that... it woyould make it terrible difficyoult to actyoually write something meaningfyoul.
you could censor out " u " (with the spaces before and after) and replace it with " you ". That way, it only replaces the word u, and not u's in the middle of words.

Then yoyou woyouldn't have to talk like this :p
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 02:15:30 PM by Satiagraha »

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

January 04, 2004, 02:50:48 PM
Reply #11

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
But thenyouwould be talking like this  :huh:

edit:  Fine, fine.  I catch " you "r drift.  *grumble*
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 02:51:44 PM by Dubb »

January 04, 2004, 03:37:31 PM
Reply #12

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Actually, if it were just the letter u, there is the chance that it wouldn't do stuff like "woyould" I think it would just loop infinitely since you has a u in it.. instead of "woyould" you would have "woyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo..."

January 04, 2004, 03:38:37 PM
Reply #13

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
1. improper grammar (except capitalization at the beginning of sentences.)
2. My sister's singing.  You have not experienced hell until you've heard it.  She never stops, either.
3. The microwave timer thing.

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

January 04, 2004, 05:03:30 PM
Reply #14

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
you could censor out " u " (with the spaces before and after) and replace it with " you ". That way, it only replaces the word u, and not u's in the middle of words.

Then yoyou woyouldn't have to talk like this :p
sed s/' u '/you

that should do it, no?
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 04, 2004, 06:00:01 PM
Reply #15

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
knowing the nubcaeks that use that kind of language, there are bound to be spacing mistakes. so you get "id like to killu" which is even worse because you actually have to decypher the message to read it.
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

January 04, 2004, 06:01:42 PM
Reply #16

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
People who call others "bad people" or view themselves as holier than all who don't live their lives the same way as they do. My stepmom and grandparents treat me like this all the time :(

People who try to force their way of life on you is whack as well.

Ball mice.
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

January 04, 2004, 08:57:17 PM
Reply #17

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
But thenyouwould be talking like this  :huh:

edit:  Fine, fine.  I catch " you "r drift.  *grumble*
i think u are hot hot manpai.

i think you are hot hot manpai.

What's the problem?

January 05, 2004, 04:38:31 AM
Reply #18

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
A pet peeve: People who say "Humanity should just be exterminated, it's better that way." (And all variations thereof.)

Fine, so you have emotional problems. What an easy way out: It's not you there's something wrong with, it's the entire human race. Oh-ho-ho! Frankly, if that's your attitude, lead the way and blow your brains out, [expletitive].
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 04:39:05 AM by lolfighter »

January 05, 2004, 08:27:43 AM
Reply #19

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Gawd, i have too many really.
  • I hate people that don't turn lights off, it really bugs me trying to get to sleep with the landing light on. Or if i go to the toilet and see there's a light on, i'll go downstairs and use the other toilet, only to find that someone just left the light on.
  • Not getting spare time to myself. Even if i'm spending time with my girlfriend or close friends, i need my own space from time to time.
  • People who ask "Are you mad?" when nothing's wrong, and keep asking, until FINALLY they've made you mad by asking.
  • Other drivers.
  • People that mess with my stuff. Things like playing with the knobs and sliders on my sound desk.... stuff like that.
  • "Txt Spk".... I can understand why you'd do it on a cell phone since you only have a limited space to type your message, but on the internet when you have all the time in the world, it just makes you look damned lazy. People might argue for doing it on IRC, but... er.... SHUT UP. I can type as fast using whole words. It's not exactly difficult.
That's just off the top of my head.... Maybe more later.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts