Author Topic: New Game server?  (Read 3361 times)

January 06, 2005, 12:59:32 PM
Read 3361 times

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
I recently got served with 4mbit down, 500kbps up internet.

I know I ran ZP with no lag for 8 people on my old 2mbit line, so I can probably swing a server for most HL mods.

Now, I want to be able to maybe run something for this community. Possibly CS, DOD, or TS.

Any thoughts? LB, are you cool with my box being the unofficial LM kiddie server?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 12:59:49 PM by Legionnaired »

January 06, 2005, 02:00:27 PM
Reply #1

Loke The Sleek Peruvian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Make a TS one or you could be one of the 1000 servers that run Pirates, Vikings and Knights.
I am Sleek.

Are you?

Only in peru would you consider being closer to satan 'winning'... INCA HAX FOR THE WIN!

January 06, 2005, 04:59:26 PM
Reply #2

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I say just do flavours.

oh legion, you technically don't have to ask to make the unoffical server, you would have to ask to make it official, aslong as it isn't embraced it's unofficial, and you can pimp it with all your might in the RS forum and we will show  :D
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

January 06, 2005, 05:47:54 PM
Reply #3

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I say just do flavours.

oh legion, you technically don't have to ask to make the unoffical server, you would have to ask to make it official, aslong as it isn't embraced it's unofficial, and you can pimp it with all your might in the RS forum and we will show  :D
[snapback]38100[/snapback]
Still, it can't make LB feel any more angry that he did it politely...
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

January 07, 2005, 08:26:46 AM
Reply #4

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, as long as it's unofficial, we can politely, then increasingly less politely, ask him to stop pimping it. But that's neither here nor there.

Makes an ABU server, Legiondude!

January 07, 2005, 08:24:35 PM
Reply #5

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
Well, Beta 6 comes out for CMs this weekend, and every CM will have access to the server files this time around (There's a built in auth system that kicks non-CMs)... And Lunixmonster will need an NSb6 server...

500kbit upstream DSL, that's about 400kbit after overhead assuming PPPoE, you should be able to handle 10 players without too much trouble.

If it's non-PPPoE we might squeeze 12 players on with some tweaking.

January 07, 2005, 09:30:47 PM
Reply #6

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Well, Beta 6 comes out for CMs this weekend, and every CM will have access to the server files this time around (There's a built in auth system that kicks non-CMs)... And Lunixmonster will need an NSb6 server...
[snapback]38180[/snapback]

Reaaaalllyyy...  get me a copy of the server files, I'll see what I can do with them ;) Mainly that kick non-cm part

January 07, 2005, 10:24:31 PM
Reply #7

EmperorPenguin

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Garrysmod mp.  You know you want to.
"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby?  Maybe we'll never know."

January 09, 2005, 11:48:08 AM
Reply #8

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
We're fine with what we have, every time I try and put a new server up it ends up not getting used~
To the stars!

insert witty line here