Author Topic: Hello, my name is Ugoff  (Read 3522 times)

January 05, 2005, 09:49:30 PM
Read 3522 times

E-Fonzarelli

• Skulk

• View Profile
no, really, i'm kidding

I'm sure if you play on LM you know me by now, and i'm not the greatest player, but i've really been in the mood for some organized gaming lately.  

The one thing that I love about NS more than anything else is that pubs are organized becuase people want to win, and if you aren't organized, you can't do so.

But, alas, thats not cuttin it for me, and I'd like some group fun.  So, if you would like me aboard, and you have an ORGANIZED clan (i've been in this game since QW which is '97 so don't invite me to some nub clan cuz i'll know it) give me a hollar!!

jessecameron@gmail.com

January 05, 2005, 10:42:13 PM
Reply #1

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
If I were you I would break you e-mail address up so bots don't sniff it and give you spam  :)
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

January 05, 2005, 11:42:55 PM
Reply #2

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Just as a friendly word of advice, the LM forums are probably not the best place to get recruited for a clan - we, uh, don't tend to get on that well for one reason or another.  Good luck looking though
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

January 06, 2005, 12:10:57 AM
Reply #3

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
fonzy, If I had the comp, the connection and the time I would be down for damn sure, but alas.

and Hunzly, so what if TLM hasn't been the most clan friendly in the past, times are changing  :cool:

It's all about the cravings for the higher competitive play  :ph34r:
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.

January 06, 2005, 01:19:59 AM
Reply #4

JohnTheGarbageman

• Skulk

• View Profile
Get IRC, join #nspickup on gamesurge for organized low-level games, or try #obs-ns if for some reason you want to get recruited right off the bat. I don't recommend it though, you probably want at least some real experience under your belt first. Unless you get off on SaltzBad making you feel inadequate and worthless, of course.

Oh, and TAK - how are those FPS ? A few tweaks I thought of since we last chatted :
userconfig.cfg

gl_clear 1
gl_cull 1
gl_dither 0
gl_keeptjunctions 0
gl_max_size 256 (You can lower this number further, but text gets blurry)
r_decals 0
mp_decals 0

r_mmx 1 or r_3dnow 1 depending on your CPU type.

RivaTuner (running Detonator 29.42 - 40.92 WHQL drivers, OR if you have WinXP you can try the StarThingy-Drivers. They're hard to find, but they're better than even Omegas [on which I never saw much improvement anyway] ). Also once you get good FPS make sure your mouse is running via USB, or if you have XP via PS2 tweaked to 100Hz or higher.

RivaTuner LOD Bias to +3.0 (you could crank it higher outside of RT, but its plenty ugly at 3.0)

Most of all, experiment with a clean windows install. Make sure your AGP aperture in your BIOS isn't too large, turn off all unneeded peripherals (onboard MIDI ports, soundcards, parallel ports, blablablabla). Maybe also run MBM to make sure your CPU isn't running hot due to a clogged fan, and check that its clocked correctly (mine resets itself to 12.5 * 100 instead of 133 every so often).

Yeah, thats about it for now.

January 06, 2005, 08:55:08 AM
Reply #5

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
for sure, thanks JTGM

I can get around 50 now constant, but every now and then something goes haywire and I get 20-30, I have a wireless mouse and keyboard so I will definetly go un borrow USB mouse from down the street.

as soon as I go home I will enact those changes, thank you for taking the time to assist me as it's greatly appreciated.

fonza, NSpug is a good way to go, unless your fiending for that super hardcore intensive clan play  :D

January 06, 2005, 02:28:08 PM
Reply #6

DuoGodOfDeath

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
Looking for a clan? #findNSclan would be the place. Or hang around #findNSscrim and just randomly ask people if they are recruiting. Or you can check out the CAL page and find the teams that actually play NS.

http://www.caleague.com/?page=standings&co...subdivision=all

All the teams that are playing in the league at the moment.

January 06, 2005, 04:56:47 PM
Reply #7

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
!

NO ONE PLAYS NS

/me runs for the hills

January 06, 2005, 08:43:30 PM
Reply #8

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
There is now a nifty new Competive Forum group in the ns.org forums, gots lots of nifty features for those of you into the competitve scene, or wanting to get into it.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 07, 2005, 12:02:06 AM
Reply #9

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
interesting though i'm not really looking for a clan currently but it is nice to know that the ns.org forums have a place now
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

January 08, 2005, 02:55:44 PM
Reply #10

E-Fonzarelli

• Skulk

• View Profile
eh....

I hate and dispise IRC....  as much as i'd like to be in a clan, I suppose my unwillingness to use IRC hinders me

even though i was playing this game a month after it came out

January 08, 2005, 03:29:08 PM
Reply #11

ebnar

• Skulk

• View Profile
if you don't appreciate long stretches of irc idling and what not, clanning is not for you. now more than ever

January 09, 2005, 09:05:56 AM
Reply #12

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I hate and dispise IRC...
[snapback]38226[/snapback]
Exactly my thoughts a few days ago. I didn't want to install any clients... so what I did, was use the web-based IRC for a few days. Later on, I got HydraIRC, as suggested by someone's quit message :)
Anyways. I like it now; it doesn't eat my CPU a lot (not that I have little :p), and it helps me stay current with LM events!
Get IRC. Now. You won't regret it.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld