Author Topic: Unknown Worlds  (Read 8783 times)

January 03, 2005, 06:38:32 AM
Reply #20

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
I, for one, will be boycotting the NS site and Forums because they didn't wish me a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

January 03, 2005, 06:56:03 AM
Reply #21

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
What are you talking about, brit?  I snagged this exclusive screencap this very morning:

January 03, 2005, 07:14:53 AM
Reply #22

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
What are you talking about, brit?  I snagged this exclusive screencap this very morning:
[snapback]37811[/snapback]
See? No happy new year! THEY SUCK!

BOYCOTT NS!
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

January 03, 2005, 10:41:12 AM
Reply #23

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
ololololololol, that was good

but yeah, I for one was skeptic when it went from 2 days, to 2 weeks, to two months...

more info wouldn't hurt, but I've waited for 1.04 --> 2.0 so I can wait for anything.
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

January 03, 2005, 02:27:44 PM
Reply #24

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
sure theyre prob busy with their personal lives and such. But when they miss a personal deadline, they should at least notify the public what happened. Even if its a blantant lie, some news is better than no news

January 03, 2005, 03:37:23 PM
Reply #25

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Lets just come back to reality for a second - if they updated with "Happy Christmas to all our loyal fans" then all the "loyal fans" would go into apoplexy because they were only wished a happy christmas and not told about the pending release.

Sometimes its better just to say nothing at all?
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

January 03, 2005, 03:51:35 PM
Reply #26

Reasa

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
No need to say "Merry Christmas" or any of that junk, they have personal lives of course and I don't expect them to spending much time working over the holidays.

However the Christmas Holidays are over and it's time for an update, I will be very disappointed if they don't post one before the end of this week.

Also they set the "around Christmas" deadline for themselves why set a deadline you can't meet? Hell they said they release the new site then, not just another update, so one couldn’t hurt just to let us know what’s going on.

With the release of HL2 and all its mods coming out I don’t want to see NS fading into obscurity.

January 03, 2005, 04:04:23 PM
Reply #27

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
i just want to add that there is a difference between deadline and expected point of completion.

anyway...the site will be back when the site will be back, and saying that they should post stuff before that happens won't really do anything :p

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

January 03, 2005, 04:21:40 PM
Reply #28

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
i just want to add that there is a difference between deadline and expected point of completion.

anyway...the site will be back when the site will be back, and saying that they should post stuff before that happens won't really do anything :p
[snapback]37876[/snapback]

I think more than anything it isn't that they missed their deadline, or if that isn't considered a deadline, the date they said would be 'close' to when the consties could play test.... it's more of them taking for freaking ever and keeping everyone in the dark.  As Crispy was saying, it doesn't take that long to update a web site.  It needn’t be anything elaborate, just SOMETHING to keep us coming back and to let us know that we're not forgotten.

January 03, 2005, 04:33:17 PM
Reply #29

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Do you really need your hand to be held and be led by your nose to know that they actually are working?  If so, have more faith in the team.  They've done so much and now just because a website is late, and we don't know any or all of the possible reasons such as a designer's dog was sick and they had to take it to the vet and then the very next day another dev's computer got a virus erasing a couple day's work and also setting him back, and and and and LIFE HAPPENS, that everyone thinks the mod is going to die.  Wow.
signature

January 03, 2005, 05:45:10 PM
Reply #30

DruBo

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• Personal Text
    Back in Beige
    • View Profile
I'm a PT. I have access to the UWE site.

It's not ready yet. SQL errors out the wazoo and sometimes it makes the server lag out.

When it's ready, it'll be open to the public. You can be sure of that.

January 03, 2005, 07:16:00 PM
Reply #31

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Poor NS website... We miss thee!  :(
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

January 04, 2005, 04:36:39 AM
Reply #32

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Maybe they could've left ns.org running until the UWE site was ready?

January 04, 2005, 08:43:04 AM
Reply #33

DiscoZombie

• Skulk

• View Profile
yeah... hell, why don't they stick ns.org back up right now? :> after all I thought the only reason they took it down was because the new, improved forum was allegedly going right up?

January 04, 2005, 11:49:18 AM
Reply #34

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Esuna - Flayra needs to stop PTing then. Maybe instead of :Ding the game more he can get the site fixed first.

January 04, 2005, 12:36:53 PM
Reply #35

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
I never checked the ns site, ever. I always found the best source of info (and also the most unreliable at time :) ) was the irc, I heard what I see in irc chans, I idle in so of what I'd think most likely to spout any major news, and check those every couple of minutes (I dont like the red on irc, so I check them constently just to get rid of it :) ). I dot really mind the site down, as long as b6 is being worked on. if it is, Im happy. If It's not, well... whats being mad about it going to do?

Neutral = teh win

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

January 04, 2005, 03:08:58 PM
Reply #36

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Esuna - Flayra needs to stop PTing then. Maybe instead of :Ding the game more he can get the site fixed first.
[snapback]37941[/snapback]

REMEMBER:  b6>forums

I can absolutely guarantee that if Flayra was putting all his efforts towards the website there would be an equal number of people who would whine that he's letting the mod die. To all the people bleating that NS is withering away: let Flayra do what Flayra does best.  If you're not willing to even do that then why the hell are you all still here anyways?

It makes me angry when people think that Flayra owes them anything :(

January 04, 2005, 04:39:53 PM
Reply #37

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
It's not Flayra's fault, Anyone think of the CODERS and people WHO RUN THE FORUMS/SITE (unless Flayra works on all 3)

They need to be on top of their game as well. Flayra may be the big boss but im sure he has quite a few people who have specific jobs of running the site, and do the whole NS gameplay deal theyre at fault the most. (and if he doesn't, he should get his ass in gear and move each person to a specific part of the NS dev team so they can concentrate on 1 specific topic / thing So things "in theory" would run smoother and be much more organized)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 04:40:38 PM by Diablus »

January 05, 2005, 08:53:19 AM
Reply #38

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Fear not, the site is available to Consti's right now for bug testing, and so far I've had not the first problem. I even found my old UBB account when we moved over the the newer forums LAST time. Now if I can only get the email changed on it...

Anyway,  the site looks good, and the forums work fine. That, and a new announcement says that the Consti PT is right around the bend, so keep holding on, it's coming.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

January 05, 2005, 09:26:19 AM
Reply #39

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Fear not, the site is available to Consti's right now for bug testing, and so far I've had not the first problem. I even found my old UBB account when we moved over the the newer forums LAST time. Now if I can only get the email changed on it...

Anyway,  the site looks good, and the forums work fine. That, and a new announcement says that the Consti PT is right around the bend, so keep holding on, it's coming.
[snapback]37988[/snapback]

The forums are awesome now, what with only the people that PT or payed to see them being allowed in. It's like the old days, before release. Just one big happy family.