Author Topic: Early fade counters?  (Read 7497 times)

December 21, 2004, 01:55:54 PM
Reply #20

breakfastsausages

• Lerker

• View Profile
Shotguns, a Bible, some holy water, an old priest, and a young priest.

Forcing the battle into a long hallway or an uneven area where blinking is harder also helps.  fades don't like confined spaces.

December 21, 2004, 02:00:23 PM
Reply #21

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
A good example of waiting for fades is the map that has the two cargo doors in MS, and the one undoored enterance that goes to laser while the other door goes to computer whateveritis. hide by the enterance to laser,  Wait for fade to go into base, wait for fade to come out of base, lay into him, kill fade with 1/2 shots  :D
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

December 21, 2004, 03:23:35 PM
Reply #22

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
ive seen it happen alot where someone is hitting a fade/onos from one end of a doorway into the base... and he just runs around the corner and heals until the rine cant get ammo fast enough... let the alien get IN to base, then get in front of the door and take him down. Once he gets ready to come at the door he'll be about to die and about half paniky... so he'll be way easy to kill.

December 22, 2004, 09:03:14 PM
Reply #23

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Universal Fade Counter On Any Map-

First, lock down ALL the res you can get, do NOT worry about upgrades at first- if you spend the 45 res for an arms lab and an up, you just wasted 3 res towers.  Think of that.  

Next, Split the team into squads of two.  Buddy system, you know, the thing your parents made you do with your friends so you didnt wander off alone.  One builds, the other covers.  Easy.  

Third, MOVE FAST!  NEVER let the aliens keep you on defense- if they do, your DEAD.  END OF SENTENCE!

Admittedly, this strat is either hit or miss- you win spectacularly, or you die in the most horrible manner possible.  It may work once, but PLEASE dont try it two times in a row-IT will fail, as the aliens will be ewatching for it.

PS- This strat is MINE! If i catch you using it i may be forced to throw wet ramen noodles at you!  PHEAR!
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

January 05, 2005, 12:13:58 PM
Reply #24

degamer106

• Lerker

• View Profile
1) get a really good rambo on your team (preferably from exigent or terror)
2) let them spawn camp the aliens to death while the rest of the team gets nodes
3) you win!!

January 05, 2005, 03:37:47 PM
Reply #25

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Cant spawn camp on lm

If its not an rs/admin go to lm and get all the rs to  join, and hope he's booted :-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

January 05, 2005, 04:33:25 PM
Reply #26

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
The best counter againist a fade is a strong early game. Get their res down, get your res up and tech tech tech. Get w2, a1, pgs and AA by 6 minutes and provided you didn't all die early game you're in a good place. Your priority then isn't to kill the fades but to take down a second hive. If you drop enough guns then fades have two choices: do nothing or die. Even if the fade is still alive it's powerless to stop you.

No fade can blink into 5 or 6 shotguns and survive because of his skill. The ultimate factor in killing a fade is your marines ability to aim.

Lets say you're storming a hive with 6 shotguns and they have a fade. A classic school boy error is to JUST shoot the hive and hope that you don't die before the aliens kill you all. OR you could kill all the aliens, shoot the fades to scare them off and then shoot the hive. If the fade comes you stop shooting the hive and shoot the fade so he runs away again. Only in dire circumstances should you not bother shooting the aliens and just pray you get the hive down. AVOID THEM.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 04:40:04 PM by Mr.Ben »

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

January 05, 2005, 07:11:07 PM
Reply #27

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
A classic school boy error is to JUST shoot the hive and hope that you don't die before the aliens kill you all.
[snapback]38015[/snapback]
I agree, this is a big mistake.
For some reason, many commanders say "shoot the hive, and the hive only". WHY!? There are skulks chomping on my leg, and I will be dead, wasting 10 res, in less than 2 seconds. I could have used those 2 seconds to pump 2 shotgun shells into the skulks/fades/whatever.
So: don't listen to your comm when he says "only shoot the hive". Shoot the aliens too... but surely, NOT the chambers. Mm-k?
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

January 08, 2005, 08:55:59 AM
Reply #28

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Aye. And don't worry, any admin with half a common sense will know the difference between this and spawncamping.

January 08, 2005, 07:24:19 PM
Reply #29

Armageddon

• Lerker

• View Profile
Get shotties to counter early fades.  Chances are, the fade whored res and they will have either one or no dcs.

Otherwise, its the commander's job to med the marines and the marines job to not die (that means kill the aliens so they don't get rfk and fade within 5 mins of the game).  Keep constant pressure on their hive and nodes and fades should not be a problem at all...

January 08, 2005, 09:54:25 PM
Reply #30

Asal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
The only good counter to ANY fade is a few marines with good aim and a bit of coordination and determination.

.....but that's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 09:56:09 PM by Asal »
Asal 'The Unforgiving'
Fedaykin, Warrior of the Desert Mouse

"I will live to be immortal...or die trying!"

January 08, 2005, 11:05:22 PM
Reply #31

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Get shotties to counter early fades.  Chances are, the fade whored res and they will have either one or no dcs.

Otherwise, its the commander's job to med the marines and the marines job to not die (that means kill the aliens so they don't get rfk and fade within 5 mins of the game).  Keep constant pressure on their hive and nodes and fades should not be a problem at all...
[snapback]38242[/snapback]
It's very easy to go fade in 5 minutes or under. I can do it easily and I suck (although I usually don't go fade). All you need really is 2 or 3 RTs and a couple of kills. People with no kills can even go fade.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

January 09, 2005, 11:50:53 AM
Reply #32

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
In general, on LM I note early fades tend to be the better players. On proper pubs, most fades tend to be hoarders or walker fades.

The moral of the story is - on LM, be scared of fades.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater