Author Topic: Movement Start  (Read 6744 times)

December 21, 2004, 01:36:38 AM
Reply #20

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
well rines can always counter silence with an early MT upgrade by the cornmender

other that i would love to see some more mc first games ^_^
[snapback]36856[/snapback]
Even so, celer is still a masocistic upgrade most of the time, even with rines that have MT.  Allows for extreamly quick response times for res trouble and what not, as well as just generally making the skulk a whole bunch harder to hit.

Silence is absolutly brutal right up until MT goes up, and then celer takes over.  MC is still an ironclad all around chamber.

Like mentioned before, its only downfall is that fades are compleatly and utterly dependent on DC, thus if you are going to go MC first, you better make sure your first priority is putting up and defending 2nd hive.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

December 21, 2004, 07:26:00 AM
Reply #21

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
And for those wondering, yes my influx of posts means I'm gonna be playing a bit more.
[snapback]36861[/snapback]
Yay, we can kill him when he gorges.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 21, 2004, 08:36:32 AM
Reply #22

SgtFury

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
To me it makes so much more sense mc first, especially since alot of marine tactics now rely on taking out the 2nd hive, before it is built. with mc first you can dfend it easier. If you get it right you get dcs a little bit after anyways.

December 21, 2004, 09:56:35 AM
Reply #23

FireWater

• Lerker

• View Profile
More often i see MC's dropped at the start instead of the ritual DC always start. I wonder everyones thought on it, as i see others still wanting DC. Everyone knows defense chambers still have more reliability, but for a second hive just dropped under attack its helps ONE HEY HEY OF ALOT. Just wondering what everyone thinks about the MC starts, or what they like to see start instead ?
[snapback]36701[/snapback]

MC first a viable strategy if the alien team isn't so dependent on fades, AND the team can get can early hive up.  Second hive DCs are crucial.

Movements first can allow silence to dominate until marines get MT.  Forcing the marines to get MT can delay their arms lab tech a little bit so that when you get your second hive up, your fades should be able to dominate, theoretically.

first one to 50 res should put up the hive, and the MCs should be dropped as soon as possible.
Bant!

December 21, 2004, 11:38:38 AM
Reply #24

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I lurves me some MC first

esp with adj, and then I can go make a MC nearby a hotspot so I can heal the lerks and fade constantly, making the gorge the DC  :D
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

December 23, 2004, 03:39:41 PM
Reply #25

confused!

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.confusionville.net
the way i see MC is that if the hive and the chambers go down early its great. it allows the new hive to be defended easily and allows lower lifeorms to be more effective.  

certain players can make the MC effective as a higher lifeform. However, to most fo us we rely very heavily on our dcs. there fore in a case where the aliens dont have enough  map control to ge teh second hive up DCs are needed to give the fades a chance in the face of the marine team which by now has some serious shot gun action.

this si not to say tha mcs will be a handi cap in taking the second hive in the above situation as the movement rush can be killer. But, to turn the tide you have to have fades especailly as teh amrines reach higer tech levels as implied by the inability to get the second hive up.
HUEG SIGNATURE IS NUKED

December 24, 2004, 11:43:04 AM
Reply #26

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Anything is fine really. The thing is you need to know how to use it most effective.

January 05, 2005, 12:10:12 PM
Reply #27

degamer106

• Lerker

• View Profile
teamwork and coordination makes any strat possible -_-.

January 05, 2005, 08:13:11 PM
Reply #28

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
teamwork and coordination makes any strat possible -_-.
[snapback]37995[/snapback]
Other than having a team with an acctual willingness to defend as skulks rather than suicide attack in waves, the only real teamwork needed for MC first is one player to drop the MCs and another player to save for hive.  DC's are not so increadibly benificial unless you are planning to forgo second hive altogether in favor of early fades...  Now that works good if you have some great fades on your team (you need at least 2) and they can effectively give your gorges some room to work in thier wake.  But with FF on, MC>DC in any other situation.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

January 05, 2005, 08:29:18 PM
Reply #29

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I really dont mind any structure as a skulks, seeing how I dont waste 2 res on something just to be shot down across a hallway, or blasted in the face by a shotgun. Same goes for gorging back to skulk, though this will all change in b6  ^_^  I would rather type kill in consol, wait 30 seconds and in spawn que, then waste 2 res.

Though Movment has to be the best bet as the first chamber because of the Friendyfire deal.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 08:29:52 PM by Diablus »

January 06, 2005, 02:31:25 PM
Reply #30

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Not at all, MCs are only as effective as the players on your team and the marine commander.

I've had a hundred++ scrims with MCs and they're by no means the perfect chamber and can be easily countered by a competant commander. Early HMGs and dropping a few shotguns to your best shots early on are good ways to limit your early lerks effectiveness. HMGs wreak havoc againist fades that have to avoid damage. Every little scratch adds up as a fade so even just a few lmgs can be a threat, there's no backing up and healing round the corner.

If you're assualting a hive then you need to be careful. It's best to remove any MCs or other chambers like OCs from the hive room first. Then when you're ready fire a shot at the hive and get ready for the skulkies, when the aliens teleport you kill them, clog up the spawn queue and merrily go about your way. Just shoot the fade to scare him away, he simply can't hide on the hive and heal up like with DCS. He'll be forced to hide or run for the hive putting him firmly out of commision. Have one/two HMGs scare off any fades and shoot any spawning skulks whilst your shotgunners deal with the hive. Mines on the floor are also good ways to deal with the skulks if you just want to concentrate entirely on the hive.

Provided you get the hive down before they get a second chamber up then you're in good shape. Don't underestimate 1 hive aliens with 2 or possibly even 3 chambers from previous hives. The hive going up, even for 2 seconds can have a massive impact on the game. Half the importance of denying second hive is in getting it down BEFORE they get their second chamber up.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 02:32:13 PM by Mr.Ben »

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

January 08, 2005, 07:36:33 PM
Reply #31

Armageddon

• Lerker

• View Profile
It's possible to win with mcs as a starting chamber, but its difficult to work with,   especially for higher life forms such as Fade or Onos, since they are basically the whole alien team and rely on upgrades that will allow them to kill marines quickly or last long enough to drive rines away from the hive.  Dcs or Scs first are probably a better choice mainly because, well, dcs provide either carapace or quick hp recovery, and scs give the benefit of cloaking as well as everybody's favorite, focus.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 07:38:41 PM by Armageddon »

January 09, 2005, 11:48:33 AM
Reply #32

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
MC first I believe is a start that focuses on enhancing early game abilities - so Onos shouldn't be factored into it as a 1 hive Onos is either a very poor player or a last gasp attempt to claw back a win.

With MC first, aliens need to go on the offensive, and this is a GOOD thing. Silence can help new players ambush or get a free hit on the enemy, adren is excellent for lerk spam, celer is awesome for players with a bit of skill.

Of course, committing to MC first means you need to be CERTAIN someone is going to drop the hive so you can reap the benefit of the next chamber - DC being the "safe" choice and SC being good if the game is virtually won.

Where MC fails is when the aliens cluster in their hive or play very defensively, or at least this is how it has been in my experience.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater