Author Topic: NS PROBLEM  (Read 3394 times)

December 17, 2004, 10:21:21 AM
Read 3394 times

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
fatal error

NET_SendPacket ERROR:WSAEINTR

wtf?

NS crash... freeze

December 17, 2004, 10:48:13 AM
Reply #1

Crispy

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
Yay you get it as well. I have pretty much no idea what it is but it only started happening to me when I got XP.

I have NTL:Home dialup (2 hour drops), WinXP Pro and a pretty decent modem with up-to-date drivers.

I think it has something to do with the dialup service dropping you due to traffic from businesses because I mostly experience it during the middle of the day (Mon-Fri), but that's just a hunch. Although that's more or less when it happens it's not that frequent but extremely annoying when it does rear its ugly head because you get thrown out of whatever HL game you're playing (sometimes or always -I can't remember which- losing your connection).

I once googled it but didn't have much luck tracking down the problem. It's quite possible that there's more information on it since I looked (which was quite a while back).
A lovely thing to see:
through the paper window's hole,
the Galaxy.

December 17, 2004, 12:41:23 PM
Reply #2

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
Yay you get it as well. I have pretty much no idea what it is but it only started happening to me when I got XP.

I have NTL:Home dialup (2 hour drops), WinXP Pro and a pretty decent modem with up-to-date drivers.

I think it has something to do with the dialup service dropping you due to traffic from businesses because I mostly experience it during the middle of the day (Mon-Fri), but that's just a hunch. Although that's more or less when it happens it's not that frequent but extremely annoying when it does rear its ugly head because you get thrown out of whatever HL game you're playing (sometimes or always -I can't remember which- losing your connection).

I once googled it but didn't have much luck tracking down the problem. It's quite possible that there's more information on it since I looked (which was quite a while back).
[snapback]36469[/snapback]
i have empty dsl conektin. not dialup.

December 17, 2004, 01:01:45 PM
Reply #3

Guest Bacon

• Lerker

• View Profile
I was told its due to the "QoS Packet Scheduler" or something like that. Look for it in your connection settings and try turning it off. You can also try to disable it as a service.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 11:10:43 AM by Guest Bacon »

December 17, 2004, 06:11:48 PM
Reply #4

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
i had this problem once when my dad upgraded the firmware on the router here and the only real solution to it is to roll back the firmware/drivers for the modem though i don't know much about modems since i have adsl and in a short amount of time will be switching to cable
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

December 17, 2004, 08:29:04 PM
Reply #5

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ah, I used to love that error so much (not really though). It explains itself: you have packet loss. I used to get it a lot on 56k, but I tweaked my modem a little and that helped (and actually I think Steam helped cure that too since I got it on WON a lot). In fact, I hardly ever get "Warning: Connection Problem" anymore. To get rid of it, you'll have to tweak your connection (rates for HL and for your actual internet connection) or your ISP is screwing around with some stuff for a bit.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 18, 2004, 08:09:59 AM
Reply #6

Crispy

• Skulk

• View Profile
It's one of the reasons I never command when I play NS. One time I was actually doing pretty well with a tight team taking res nodes back one by one and looking like winning the game...

NET_SendPacket ERROR:WSAEINTR

Great. When I reconnected and rejoined the game my whole team was screwed and all I could do was apologise profusely for ever getting in the chair in the first place.

I'm looking forward to trying out my house's cable when I go back in a few months, as I understand it the aforementioned is no longer a problem.  :)
A lovely thing to see:
the Galaxy.

December 18, 2004, 11:38:37 PM
Reply #7

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I have Cable, I used to always get that once inawhile. usually when the dryer was on in the other room, since the cable ran through there. But when i got this error the game did not just freeze. i lost my whole friggin internet connection and had to restart <_<

December 22, 2004, 03:28:55 PM
Reply #8

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
i believe it is Verizon... it usually comes coupled with a  bit of connection downage for a while... usually when i reboot my computer/therouter it will come back to life.

December 25, 2004, 02:01:26 AM
Reply #9

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
I have never had that error before.

December 26, 2004, 03:47:48 PM
Reply #10

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
General
Discuss our servers, site, and the games we play. "Hello" topics go in Off-Topic please!
All NS topics go in the NS forum!

December 26, 2004, 05:58:33 PM
Reply #11

Crispy

• Skulk

• View Profile
It used to happen to me regardless of which HL Mod I was using. Back in the days when I used to play CS (yeah I don't have HL2 OK  <_< )...
A lovely thing to see:
the Galaxy.

December 27, 2004, 03:38:15 AM
Reply #12

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
General
Discuss our servers, site, and the games we play. "Hello" topics go in Off-Topic please!
All NS topics go in the NS forum!
[snapback]37301[/snapback]
When were you apointed admin Guspaz?

(Irony award FTW!  :lol:)
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL