Author Topic: Anarchy Online Free for a year  (Read 3410 times)

December 16, 2004, 04:22:25 AM
Read 3410 times

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
http://www.anarchy-online.com/free/ad_campaigns/freecampaign

AO are offering, for free, the client and a year's subscription to AO (Not including expansions) free of charge and all they require is that you sign up for an account before the 15th Jan, but that doesn't matter, as it's free. :)

Other conditions being that you'd have to pay for the expansions if you want them, it only lasts until 1/1/2006 and they reserve the right to terminate the thing at will, but who cares, it's still free. :D

So get downloading. The client's only 800mb, and it's free. :)

Did i mention it's free? :p
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

December 16, 2004, 06:08:31 AM
Reply #1

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
whoooooooa. i am... so downloading this right now. ive tried to stay away from mmorpgs since theyre the games i get uber addicted to mostly >_> but winter break starts soon so :) /me downloads
-_^

December 16, 2004, 07:57:04 AM
Reply #2

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Hmm, hmm. I tried a one week (or was it fourteen days?) free trial of AO once. What AO needs is a guide telling you where the fun's at.

December 16, 2004, 08:21:49 AM
Reply #3

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Downloading now, what the hell.

I hate bittorrent. 2 kbps.

December 16, 2004, 08:30:30 AM
Reply #4

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
May aswell give it a shot, not played it before :)

December 16, 2004, 10:01:51 AM
Reply #5

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Does it still need your credit card number for your account? That's what stopped me dead in every other freebie they've run =P

December 16, 2004, 10:14:17 AM
Reply #6

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I just downloaded, and I told it no payment option, so no CC required. However, BT is TERRIBLY slow. If anyone has a way to host the file, go for it, or I'll host it once I get it.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

December 16, 2004, 07:25:55 PM
Reply #7

Guest Bacon

• Lerker

• View Profile
Does it still need your credit card number for your account? That's what stopped me dead in every other freebie they've run =P
[snapback]36344[/snapback]

no.

December 16, 2004, 07:49:58 PM
Reply #8

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
I know you all want some of that sweet free AO. But now that I'm a much sought after comodity I must increase my rates. We're looking at $10 an hour now people, and I might not last that whole hour if you're good :D
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

December 16, 2004, 08:21:18 PM
Reply #9

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Well... I think I wasted my time downloading it, and can't figure a damn thing out, and the game is ugly :p

December 16, 2004, 08:27:46 PM
Reply #10

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Looks intresting. I'll give it a try.

December 17, 2004, 04:21:10 AM
Reply #11

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well... I think I wasted my time downloading it, and can't figure a damn thing out, and the game is ugly :p
[snapback]36395[/snapback]
Of course the game is ugly.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 17, 2004, 07:22:35 AM
Reply #12

Guest Bacon

• Lerker

• View Profile
Hmm, hmm. I tried a one week (or was it fourteen days?) free trial of AO once. What AO needs is a guide telling you where the fun's at.
[snapback]36330[/snapback]

so, any pointers for the nubs here?

December 18, 2004, 09:26:31 AM
Reply #13

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Except that you'll have trouble finding the fun? Not really. I have a hard time remembering anything. It's been years, literally. Only thing I remember is that I played a monk or martial artist or something, and a friend of mine who played a marksman or shooter or something was jealous because I could deal more damage without weapons than he could with, and I didn't even have to worry about maintenance/upgrades. But those were the early levels, I guess it'd have evened out later on.

December 19, 2004, 01:36:14 AM
Reply #14

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
hmm... i must'v played 30+ hours of AO over the past 2 days *rubs eyes* time to get some sleep tonight, graphics arent that bad, me and a friend made 2 hot chick characters that kick ass :) so its fun doin missions and killing stuff in general, nice mmorpg to waste more of my life on :)
-_^

December 19, 2004, 05:57:04 AM
Reply #15

SheenaYanai

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/index2.html
i dont know..its not a really userfriendly game..  the interface is not very intuitive , the netcode is ugly.... you dont really get any feedback in fights...you just stare at your stupid health meter, and the one of the enemy...  its really more like a pen and paper game with visualisation, not really a beauty,but handy.  its not a nubfriendly game.
(i think ive asked 200 times how to change the zones ingame...  i was in zone 200something, and someone ive wanted to met was on the same place than me, just in zone 900 something. we were not able to see each other) i dont really see why this game is hyped like that...sure, it got lots of features...  but this features kinda squish you under their pure mass. i dont feeld good playing AO ,i got more work to do with my  interface, and shortcuts, than with the game itself. uhm..  ive liked neocron kinda more.. it wasnt that feature heavy. i mean..it have lots of features..but they dont try to crush you like in ao.the interface is more intuitive , and even nubs understand the game mechanic fast.  

neocron performs at the moment its final, and maybe last suicide attempt. lots of long time players already went off, because of still existing bugs, and still not working new features. this game was so nice to play. but now its puplihers diggin its grave...  no fair
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 06:18:08 AM by SheenaYanai »

December 22, 2004, 01:35:56 AM
Reply #16

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, I used to pay for AO when it was new, I dislike how they killed off the old start, it was much easier to figure out where to go. Once you get off the newbie island they dump you in the middle of nowhere so it gets frustrating real fast. I had a mission that was to the next zone over but I didn't know where it was until I ran around for two hours and found some random NPC who told me where nearby cities were, as in, go southeast.

The whole game is based on missions. If you need a specific item, generate missions until you find it. If you need some extra cash, do a mission. Need some quick XP, do a mission. Want to explore, do a mission. The game is nothing but missions.

The name is also "Anarchy Online" although there was no real PVP system in place until the second expansion was released and there was/is forms of government for multiple factions. Although in a game like this you wouldn't see any difference between having a government and not having one due to the lack of anything.

Sticking to what is suggested for your specific class/race doesn't work out too well either, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

The crafting is more of "guess and check" until you go download a program that takes all the steps out of crafting for you besides getting credits and buying the components.

The game is still laggy, much like it was years ago.

I have to agree with sheena on Neocron being a better game, although Neocron was unstable and buggy as hell, at least it had a game underneath the rotting pile of poo. Anarchy Online doesn't really have anything, every improvement they make just makes the game worse which also doesn't make any sense.

I would rather go play EQ. I think I am going to uninstall this piece now.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

December 23, 2004, 02:12:49 PM
Reply #17

Narfwak

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.fftclan.com
Meh, I already paid for WoW and PS this month.