Author Topic: HL2 AI movie  (Read 5557 times)

December 10, 2004, 12:35:40 AM
Reply #20

Sir-Smoke-A-Lot

• Lerker

• View Profile
Have you guys played timesplitters, the original for ps2... the ai is absolutely insane... best fps ai ever, without a doubt in my mind.

December 12, 2004, 06:43:36 PM
Reply #21

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Jefe, I think you're forgetting this little game called Black and White....(which is going to pale in comparision to Black and White 2)

December 12, 2004, 08:23:46 PM
Reply #22

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
I've yet to see any AI impress me, including HL2. To be honest, i don't really expect much in the way of AI when it comes to games, when it all comes down to it, it's all hide behind rock or open door. Now, when it comes to locking a door on an enemy, only to have an enemy run off, phone a hire company, rent a bulldozer, wait for delivery, get in said bulldozer and knock down the building you're in, THEN i'll be impressed.

Half-Life 2, Farcry, Halo 2, Doom 3, infact, anything with any shred of AI, i've not been impressed by a single one, but then again, if you're just playing games to bitch about the AI, maybe you should stop playing games. :)

But as an exception to the above statement, if it's something really retarded, as my teammate in Halo 2 who spent 5 minutes driving around in circles because he obviously didn't know how to stop the warthog, sometimes the AS (Actual Stupidity) stands out a little more than the AI.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

December 13, 2004, 11:01:40 PM
Reply #23

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
But as an exception to the above statement, if it's something really retarded, as my teammate in Halo 2 who spent 5 minutes driving around in circles because he obviously didn't know how to stop the warthog, sometimes the AS (Actual Stupidity) stands out a little more than the AI.
[snapback]35950[/snapback]
I have to concede on this point.  The driver AI is atrocious.

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

December 16, 2004, 03:50:38 PM
Reply #24

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
best ai = solitair

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

December 21, 2004, 10:23:31 PM
Reply #25

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
best ai = solitair
[snapback]36373[/snapback]
I like pinball AI, how all those twirly thingies and such keep flinging the ball around, always managing to get it in the bottom hole! Pure genius.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

December 22, 2004, 05:16:25 AM
Reply #26

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
best ai = solitair
[snapback]36373[/snapback]
I like pinball AI, how all those twirly thingies and such keep flinging the ball around, always managing to get it in the bottom hole! Pure genius.
[snapback]36951[/snapback]

Great physics system.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts