Author Topic: Career And Jobs  (Read 9529 times)

December 13, 2004, 11:08:02 AM
Reply #60

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Ah, so very very very very true. I did my degree (OMG INFO ON OWLIE) in Biology, Zoology option (no, not working in zoos), did some studies in COMPUTARS after my degree, and am now a programmer. Use 0% of what i learned in my BSc. in my job, HURRAY edumacashun system!

Extra irony alert: I work for the university I did my degree in!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

December 13, 2004, 11:27:09 AM
Reply #61

zerwalter

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Right now, I am a senior in high school. I plan to get a degree in Computer Science and Engineering at one of the UCs. (University of California) My job right now is being Web Developer at a local e-commerce business.

Other than that, I spend my time studying, playing NS, and doing Karate. (Kiya!)

December 13, 2004, 08:00:51 PM
Reply #62

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Junior in highschool, and hating every minute.
I have some ^^ty job that doesn't pay enough, and lets me work on some old p2 computer with word 97 all day.
Definitely going into computers.. programming, admin, or tech support, whichever

December 13, 2004, 08:41:01 PM
Reply #63

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Im in highschool, 11th grade(with tooky), in french immersian, meaning:  They take the smatter of the english kids, and force em to speak the language of the devil for 12 years of their life, which they just dont want to ever be caught using. Evar.

Tooky isnt in that, he's in "advanced" meaning, he's already french, but his I.Q. isn't below the one of a rock, if it were, he'd be put what everyoone calls, (and those in it too) the dumbass class. All those idiots who just dont want be in school, and cant really DO anything since our great province took away shop class's and the like. So their forced through school and grauated undeserving. Did I mention our school dosnt flunk till 11?

so, there you have it, our class system in a nutshell, French, French wannabees, And the idiots (some of them are good point, but most you wouldnt want to talk to).

Now you know what great school system N.B. has.

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

December 14, 2004, 03:12:25 AM
Reply #64

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I just had the thought that I may end up with root on a lot of machines. I need a napkin, can't stoop drooling.