Author Topic: HL2DM rocks!  (Read 6057 times)

December 02, 2004, 09:47:50 AM
Reply #20

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
OMFG THESE FORUMS HAVE FAST REPLY!

Keyser, PR forum as bans aren't discussed anywhere else!

Bacon, Nice sig!

all you people who actually have Hl2 and a computer good enough to play it, be thankfull for that =(

Guspaz, it's refreshing to finally find someone who has the gaming is winning startegy
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

December 02, 2004, 10:24:43 AM
Reply #21

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
OMFG THESE FORUMS HAVE FAST REPLY!

Keyser, PR forum as bans aren't discussed anywhere else!

Bacon, Nice sig!

all you people who actually have Hl2 and a computer good enough to play it, be thankfull for that =(

Guspaz, it's refreshing to finally find someone who has the gaming is winning startegy
[snapback]34950[/snapback]

You can probably run HL2 man. If you get 50+ fps in HL, I'm sure you could run HL2.

December 04, 2004, 07:31:11 AM
Reply #22

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Heck, a GeForce 2 MX can get 50+ fps in HL. Sure, HL2 may RUN. That's still a far cry from being playable.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 07:31:32 AM by lolfighter »

December 05, 2004, 03:11:23 PM
Reply #23

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
If you're willing to do what it takes by running the game at lower resolutions and lower settings, I'd bet you that it would run playably on a GeForce 2. The game is mostly CPU limited anyhow.

December 05, 2004, 11:45:44 PM
Reply #24

[Freemantle]

• Lerker

• View Profile
    • http://
I beat HL2 on a geforce2. It's sitting on my desk next to me (a GeForce4 now resides in my case). The whole thing was an acid trip, every time there were a lot of shaders on screen, it smeared nodraw style. Textures would flicker on and off when around 3d skyboxes (the wold would dissapear, but the skybox wouldn't). I ran to best buy as soon as I finished the credits.
Your sig's dimensions are too big, max is 400x75, yours is 455x120. -DHP
[size=8]Why am I still playing this game?[/size]

December 06, 2004, 05:24:49 PM
Reply #25

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
I beat HL2 on a geforce2. It's sitting on my desk next to me (a GeForce4 now resides in my case). The whole thing was an acid trip, every time there were a lot of shaders on screen, it smeared nodraw style. Textures would flicker on and off when around 3d skyboxes (the wold would dissapear, but the skybox wouldn't). I ran to best buy as soon as I finished the credits.
[snapback]35336[/snapback]
There are no shaders in DX7 mode. The GeForce 2 is a DX7 card.

Being a DX7 card, HL2 should work perfectly in DX7 mode, if it doesn't, you may have been using older buggy drivers.

It should also be noted that if the GeForce 4 you purchased was a GeForce 4 MX, it's actually a faster GeForce 2, so it would not have any impact itself on any DX7 problems you had. Instead other factors may have been present, such as buggy drivers, or a defective card.

December 06, 2004, 10:02:01 PM
Reply #26

[Freemantle]

• Lerker

• View Profile
    • http://
I used to be so good at computers, and now I can barely install ram... This is what working on cars will do to you.

Back on topic: Shaders or no, it was still an acid-trip. And it was either $70 for the 4 or $120 for the (overhyped) FX. I don't love my box enough to drop $200 for a good ATI. I was worried about how my nForce would like the ATI anyway.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 10:03:50 PM by [Freemantle] »
Your sig's dimensions are too big, max is 400x75, yours is 455x120. -DHP
[size=8]Why am I still playing this game?[/size]