Author Topic: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within  (Read 1558 times)

November 30, 2004, 02:11:31 AM
Read 1558 times

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Well i am playing Warrior Within atm, not that far yes. but here is my mini review.

Visual: Graphics wise the game has been updated a bit, but is pretty much the same as the first one. The animations are again top notch and alot of fun just to watch.

Control: Control again, is basicaly the same as the orginal in terms of platforming. Combat is alot more combo like, like x x y x etc.

Sound: Sound is really good, but kind of lacks in some areas, like the annoying taunts the enemies give over and over. They added some rock musiic to it, like Godsmack and the like acoustics

Gameplay: Gameplay is the same as the first one, but with improvments in combat and other area's. Now you have a primary speical weapon, and you can pick up random off hand weapons from enemies. You no longer have the Dagger of Time, instead its like fused with you, and you can do combos that use the off hand weapon and slow times doing alot of damage and such. The off hand weapon has durability though and will break in a few heavy attacks.

Story: The story so far is pretty interesting,

SPOILER SPOILER SPOLIER SPOILER

It takes place awhile after the first one, where you had set back time to before the Hourglass was opened. But this Beast of Time is after you to kill you, becuase you were supposed to die. So you are running from it while trying to find a portal back in time to stop the sands from ever being created so the beast doesn't have a reason to hunt you any longer. You also are being attacked by he Priestess of Sand and her right hand woman who reminds me of the chick you dragged along with you in the first game.

Overall the game is pretty fun, there are a few bugs but nothing really noticable. Its alot more action packed then the first one, but there are still alot of puzzles to be solved so far in the game, which is still really fun.

November 30, 2004, 02:58:22 AM
Reply #1

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, I took a chance and read the spoiler. Nothing new there, I've read this in previews.

The demo was solid, and I enjoyed Sands of Time. I'm getting this game, just not sure when.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 02:59:01 AM by lolfighter »

November 30, 2004, 09:07:59 PM
Reply #2

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
yea well just incase, i didn't want to ruin it for anyone

December 01, 2004, 08:38:32 AM
Reply #3

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I lied, you HAVE ruined it for me. I will now go all Dahaka on your *ahem* sitting flesh and hunt you until you either die or jump back in time.

December 02, 2004, 07:26:13 AM
Reply #4

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
I've never played this yet but I dont look forward to.