Author Topic: El Fendero Bendero  (Read 3605 times)

October 08, 2004, 10:29:15 AM
Read 3605 times

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
So I finally got my license, and after hunting thru the classifieds I finally aquired a snazy 1991 volvo 940 turbo which I bought on the 7th [it was a fantastic deal], it's now the 8th and the second time I drive it I manage to get distracted for that split second  <_< and I rear ended some guy in a truck, he has about a three inch drop on his bumper now, I'm missing my left headlight and buckled the hood pretty damn good. Thankfully no one was injured and I have a much more healthy respect for driving. I went and watched a video at my insurance company and it said "no matter if you have good intentions, or are a good driver, ^^ happens, you will get distracted for that split second and bang" which is exactly what happened  v_v

The engine didn't seem to be affected, just cosmetic apperance. It's going to cost an arm and a leg to get it repaired  o_O but since I'm missing a headlight it's totally illegal and needs to be repared, and if I'm going to fix that I might as well go all out and get it totally fixed. Looks like I'm lucky to have a mom who is willing to pay for the body repairs and let me pay her back, as I'm a broke jr college student with a little less that $500 to my name.

I've been pretty shaken from it, even thought it was minor. I still feel butterflys and jittery and when I got to the server room I couldn't stand the bright white light and had to turn it off and hide in the darkness. I think it's good that it happened the way it did and that no one was hurt. It's a fanstatic learning experience and I have a penance for doing things the hard way.

oh well

Thank you for your time and have a pleasant day
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

October 08, 2004, 10:45:49 AM
Reply #1

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Despite the serious theme, I couldn't help chuckling at the title.

Well yeah, uh, crap happens. Sometimes you get distracted for that split second, or somebody else does. Can't be helped. What CAN be helped is responsible driving. Obey the speed limits, don't insist on driving ahead because it's your damn right, stuff like that can go a long way towards making the streets safer. Car insurance, at least over here, is horrendously expensive for people of your age and my age, and why is that? Because we get in a lot of accidents. And many of those accidents are not from getting distracted, like you, but from breaking speed limits and driving recklessly. Accidents do happen, but accidents tend to increase in severity when you're breaking speed limits or dodging traffic lights. So congrats for driving safely, you're not only helping your own safety, but that of others too.
Not to mention me - as a hardcore pedestrian, I'm on the endagered species list. Soft pink 120 lbs hunk of flesh vs. hard 2000 lbs hunk of metal? No contest. Ouchies.

October 08, 2004, 12:41:12 PM
Reply #2

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
^^

LF, you make a fantastic point about not driving excessively fast or dangerous and my take on speeding has always been
There is no place in the entire world where you need to be so quick that it's worth your life, and for the people who "insist on driving ahead becuase it's there right" there is no place they need to be quick enough that it's worth my life

thankfully were not going to dip into the insurance so it won't skyrocket, I'm sitting pretty at $166 a month. [I usually try to avoid starting sentences with and, but right now I don't get a flying fornication about good grammar] and I wrote this topic like 30 minutes after I had the accident so it was still fresh in the mind, and "el fendero bendero" was the thing that popped into my head [the other was "and yet somehow life goes on" but I didn't like the ring it had] and the :( expressed my inner feelings. I got an estimate on body work and I know before I said it would cost an arm and a leg, well belay that I think I might need a human sacrifice as it was eyeballed and "damage like that is $3000-4000 to fix"  :o I bought the car for $2900 so If I want to go all out and fix it it's going to have been totalled on the first effing day. isht does happen and all you can do is move forward without dwelling on the past but learning from your mistakes.

MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.

October 08, 2004, 01:30:57 PM
Reply #3

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
am i the only one who thinks TAK is a walking disaster area?  :rolleyes:

GG TAK

October 08, 2004, 01:51:38 PM
Reply #4

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Check a junkyard, get a new headlight, and wait until you have the cash for the body work.

That's rough man, I've had a few close calls myself. You learn your own limits, but there's always the idiots on the road. One guy almost hit me while trying to fix a stapler in his car.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 01:52:18 PM by Legionnaired »

October 11, 2004, 10:01:00 AM
Reply #5

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
yeah, there are a couple volvo graveyards around here, we need to get a new oil or transmission cooler, and I have one of my neighbors helping me out

I have to pay the wanker I hit $660 so he can get himself a brand new factory ford bumper and get it installed  :angry: [you can get an aftermarket one that is cheaper and superior to the ford one for less, and my neighbor could easily put it on, but he has the right to get it done at a body shop  :rolleyes:

that day was crazy, I crashed my car at like 7:30 in the morning, but later that night when I was DDing people in someone elses car we had the bright idea to go TP the house of a person who has been irking everyone as of late, and we did. But we parked in an apartment and some fat chick came out and was like "OMG what appt do you live in?! Who are you here to see?! What are you doing?! I've already called the cops! Moreover, two of my friends have scanners, so naturally we hit cuts. The po lice however thought that it was a buglary in progress so they scrambled 6 units [this is at 2:30 at night] and then they set up a perimeter [they had descriptions for eveyone but me and someone else with a scanner] and even called a K-9, we were chillin in a nearby apartments laundry room and hearing them call the dog on the scanner and then hearing it bark nearby was sketch. One of my homies got caught up and we heard his name on the scanner, but since they didn't find a crime that had been commited they released him. So I went and got the car that we were driving, but the damn fat chick with nothing to do comes out and starts taking pictures of me, so I'm backing the car out and I accidentally rub up against a post [it was an awning, the post supported it, parking in there was already a tight fit] and it pulled that bumper about 6 inches off and took a light. Then I went home, changed cars becuase the other was to hot and came scwooped them, then we went to a nearby town [were one of my friends lived] and passed out around 5:15  :ph34r:

I will keep yalz updated on how fixing the cars go, as I'm sure you all care so much  :lol:

October 11, 2004, 10:47:32 AM
Reply #6

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
So you screwed up?

October 11, 2004, 11:06:11 AM
Reply #7

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I got in a little accident yesterday, but it wasn't really an accident. I was backing up out of this driveway because I had to turn around and there wasn't much room and behind me, there was a guard rail and I bumped into it. It ended up leaving a little mark. Not that noticable from 10 feet away, but that could be because the car is dirty. :p

But nothing compares to what happened to my friend yesterday. She was driving behind this guy for awhile, and he took this turn really fast on a motorcycle and completely wiped out. His face had skin hanging loose from it. Not a good thing. But luckily, he was okay besides that, since he was walking around. He actually didn't even know his face looked that bad.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

October 11, 2004, 04:54:30 PM
Reply #8

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
The closest thing to an accident that I've been in (with me driving) is someone else rear ending my Integra. It was just a little tap and there wasn't any damage to either of our cars (thank god) but I did jump out of my car and yell at the guy. The funny thing was that he was like 3 times my age and his wife was in the pasenger seat. So much for respecting your elders :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 04:54:47 PM by Satiagraha »

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

October 11, 2004, 07:50:24 PM
Reply #9

Decimator

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
My last accident was a few years ago.  I had to take my ACT that day, so I drove there and managed to sprain my left ankle on my way down the stairs in the college I was to take it at.  So I limped over to the testing room and took my tests, ankle hurting badly all the while...  Then a friend asked me to take her home, so I did.  Then on my way to my house from hers I hit a patch of loose gravel, did a 180, landed on my side in the ditch on the opposite side of the road, then thankfully went back to upright.  I called my parents and they came to get me, then my dad pulled my car out of the ditch and towed it home while my mom tended to my very swollen ankle.  I think I ended up getting a 23 on the test...
Alert code one.  The temperature is twenty degrees below zero.

October 12, 2004, 09:40:49 AM
Reply #10

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
suck...

80 on a dirt road, tap my breaks, 360x3 ditch, only damage, one bead popped on a tire

55 on a paved road, bridge,  drunk veers into my lane, i buy part of the bridge

60 on iced over gravel road, innumerable spins, come to a halt on an onramp---backwards.

20 in town traffic, got swoop n'dropped , told the guys i knew what they were up to, and could prove it, they left, cops gave me a ticket for wreckless driving and obstructing traffic.
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

October 13, 2004, 06:35:11 AM
Reply #11

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Swoop 'n dropped? Wuzzat?
And that's reckless, not wreckless driving. Reckless driving is where you drive like a monkey and WRECK your car, wreckless driving is where you drive carefully so you DON'T wreck your car. Hence wreckless. Wreck-less. Driving without wrecking. Ok, ok, I'll shut up already, stop beating me.

October 13, 2004, 10:04:02 AM
Reply #12

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
A Swoop and stoop is where someone pulls in front of you and stops, so you rear-end them.

Since in most states rear-ending a car is all your fault,  they get lots of money and free body work. Some insurance companies are starting to recognize it, and not paying out, fighting it in court and such, but it's still a problem with idiots with bad cars that want to get something for nothing.

October 13, 2004, 03:24:10 PM
Reply #13

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
update: after actually getting under the hood were going to need to replace a bulkhead, the oil cooler or the transmission cooler, the hood, the left quarter panel, and the headlight assembly

[edit]
pictures will be soon
[edit2]
no I'm not going to take as much time posting pictures as ulatoh
[edits]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 03:25:17 PM by That Annoying Kid »

October 13, 2004, 04:37:32 PM
Reply #14

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Yea, this is a side of TAK I havn't seen him express before.

October 13, 2004, 09:57:43 PM
Reply #15

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
TAK's got a dark side to him! :ph34r:

As do all people, just of varying degrees.

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

November 01, 2004, 10:47:12 AM
Reply #16

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
so I've got pictures, I just need hosting >_<.

and since we had a little meandering towards running from the fiftys I figured I could share with you my halloween tale  ^_^

So I go out dressed in blue jeans and a blue wool sweater, and I have younger friends [16ish] who went out and tricker treated, and did as well and people would say "howcome you don't have a bag" and I would say, "I'm dressed as broke college student, I don't even have a bag to my name" and people would lol and give me some candy, so it was good times. Then my younger friends decide to bag jack from littler kids, and so they set off after this group of about 4 chicks and a dude. The three of them grab bags and the guy who is with the ladies swings on one of my friends, so my other friend [double black belt, obscenly cut for his age] mirs that fool right quick with a headlock, he told me the guy said "[choking noises] I can't breath [gagging noises] and they let go and rolled out. About ten minutes later were chillin in the same relative vicinity, and the guy who choked the other was wrestling with another one of our group so I had to quickly grab the bags of candy, the hats, and the sconner. So my other friend takes him down and they are wrestling [the dude loosing had atleast 60 pounds on my other friend] and I hear "george 33 we have reports of a 211 [robbery] in Northstar park [the place we were at] RP [reporting party] states that he was choked, we have more info comming..." so we go  :o and bounced. They scrambled 4 units [3 cars and 1 bike cop] and were scanning the area. We heard descriptions over the scanner and so I immediatly told him to change from his most blue [which is what we heard] and we were walking around and about 30 minutes later a cop car drives past us on the bike path, asks us a few questions, I kick it into nerd/square bear mode and he goes on his way. Later I wound up running about a mile at the pace of a group of bikers/skateboards as we headed to a halloween party but it was bunk and the parents were kicking people out so we left, nothing else of interest occured but it was another one of those harrowing nights, to say the least  :lol:

November 02, 2004, 08:14:55 AM
Reply #17

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
In other words, your pals, your chums, your good friends attempt to STEAL CANDY FROM SMALL KIDS, then beat them up when they have the audacity to resist. Do your friends kick old women in the face too? Or burn orphanages?

TAK, you REALLY need to switch groups. Keep hanging around with pricks like these and you'll end up in jail.

November 02, 2004, 08:29:31 AM
Reply #18

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
stealing? assault? battery? not cool dude.
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

November 03, 2004, 10:15:59 AM
Reply #19

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
yeah yeah, they are bad people, I've learned to live with it.

LF, not small kids [they in highschool] and he didn't beat them up, just put a headlock on the one who attacked them for bag snatching.

Other reports of candy theft that night were a couple of black adult males possible armed with a switchblade in South Davis, and some other theft in North D

itemize by date

They can make all the lifestyle choices they want, and even thought they were quite inebreated at the time, I was sober and told them I would have no part in stealing candy as I am of the age of 18.

moving back on topic: I have the pictures, and I have secured hosting, now all I need to do is get the pictures to the hosting and I will be gravy. As repairs go, we definetly need a new transmission cooler as a bar was bushed against it and bent it, it still works but 100 miles down the road it might decided to spontaneously fail. That will cost $120, but the two people who are helping me fix it both get discounts at the local auto parts stores, as for getting a new hood [100-300] a new quarter panel [100-200] and a new headlight assembly [?] I'm still looking. We also need to do some creative bending to get some parts straightend out and when they straighten out the bumper will slide back into place.

If theres a lesson to be learned from all of this it's: don't take your eye off the road, even for a second. There have been countless scenarios were having my whip would have been clutch, but it's missing a headlight and out of commision becuase I got lax for just a second.