Author Topic: The End Of Wow Stress Test...  (Read 2575 times)

September 12, 2004, 07:42:32 PM
Read 2575 times

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
In sure and certain hope of the resurrection to eternal life through our Lord Blizzard Entertainment, we commend to Almighty Blizzard our sister Gilan; and we commit her body to the ground; earth to earth; ashes to ashes, dust to dust. The Lord bless her and keep her, the Lord make her face to shine upon her and be gracious unto her and give her peace. Amen.

I shot a lot of these with my roomate Adayar. He's the elf you see in a few of em.

This first set of shots was be celebrating I had reached Booty Bay, a pirate cove. It's easy for the Horde to get there, but a bit harder for Alliance. I had to walk all the way for about an hour and a half past all these super killer death gorillas, hidden jungle cats, and Naga.

I made it! Unfortunately I seem to be the only one. The place had nothing but NPCs in it, but considering how difficult it was, I wasn't surprised to see nothing but mainly Horde players walking around. They seemed pretty shocked to see a Night Elf. I think they were stunned by my sunglasses of awesome power.

There's a boat that makes rounds you can climb on. I did. Here's some pictures from the boat as it goes around!

Aye, here be pirates! He didn't feel like posing but I decided to. Stupid NPCs.

We arrived at our destination, Ratchet, a pirate town south of Orgrimmar. Here we caused lots of trouble and killed a handful of orcs and trolls stupid enough to check out what was going on.

So we were in the Barrens, or on the edge at least, decided to check out the area. Found a neat little canyon and I decided to take a nap.

This is us posing for a shot in front of Orgrimmar (The Orc Capital). We ran around there and caused trouble, and triggered the world event for the horde "ORGRIMMAR IS UNDER ATTACK!" That's an orc player I ate behind me. Funny story, I lured Horde to attack me by sitting still, facing one direction, set my /pvp on, setting myself to /afk and just waiting. Eventually a player would attack me (making himself vulnerable to attack) and I'd turn around and rip his face off with cat claws of fury.

September 12, 2004, 07:42:40 PM
Reply #1

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I played a Druid, and they have the ability to shapeshift. About halfway through the levels you can turn into a Cat Form (which is like a rogue). You get Bear Form and Aquatic Form earlire but the cat just looks so incredibly badass and cool I spent more time in Cat Form then in any other form.

Cat form and my NightElf Hunter roomate. I thought it was a cool shot.

I eventually bought a housecat kitty to come with me! (I'm yawning, that's why my head looks so funny)

The pet doesn't do much (it's just decoration, and I sold him so I could buy a parrot in Booty Bay) but I decided to try and teach him how to hunt.

September 12, 2004, 07:42:49 PM
Reply #2

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
These are just some pics of us riding the Gryphons all around Azeroth.

September 12, 2004, 07:42:57 PM
Reply #3

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
And just some 'For Fun' pics. Read the text in the second one.

September 12, 2004, 08:10:21 PM
Reply #4

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Those are some cool pix. I forgot to take screenshots and it makes me sad  :(
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

September 12, 2004, 08:11:17 PM
Reply #5

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
cant wait for WoW :D gunna be so much fun, looks so nice. UI seems amazing, gameplay seems amazing, its like daoc but it works.

September 12, 2004, 10:01:15 PM
Reply #6

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
my god those are some sweet pictars good job uranub <3

er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

September 15, 2004, 12:09:58 AM
Reply #7

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
hehe cool. I was int eh stress test as well. My journey to booty bay as a nightelf hunter came easier i think, but was just alot more furstrating, with it being on teh PvP server. I actually went there by traveling south from Auberdine (a nightelf town on the northwest coast) and straight south through the barrens and into durotar (orc territory). From there i found a way into the Valley of trials (Orc newbie starting point) and just waited for low level orcs to come by and attack me, at which point i would call my big purple raptor down on them and have him rip their faces off (i was a hunter).

After some minor griefing i went south down the coast to Ratchet, died a couple times at the hands of some trolls and tauren while waiting for the boat, then quickly ran in and hid on the boat as it traveled east to booty bay. from there I went north, runnin from gorillas, panthers, tigers, and a basilisk till i made it to stormwind (human capital) where myself and another nightelf friend found a tavern and sold all our equipment to buy booze and have a drunk naked dancing party that drew a small croud and became a small end-of-the-world party, with all recipients hurling their bodies into the fireplace to be consumed by the ravaging fire.

I will post pics too, but in another thread. I think i've already derailed this one a bit..
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

October 06, 2004, 11:59:55 PM
Reply #8

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I finally got all of my screenshots converted and put up. You can find all 340 shots here, but I'm also posting some of my favorites.

After going through all of the different races and classes, I finally ended up creating my Troll Shaman, Slate.

I spent some time in the starting zone, killing boars and giant scorpians in the area, working on the few quests I had.

After I left the starting zone, I found my way to a human outpost, where I had to return to after receiving some more quests.

After adventuring for some time, I experienced death in game for the first time.

Eventually I made it to Orgrimmar, the main Orc and Troll city in Durator.

I decided to try to get to Vinnie by taking a zepplin, where I first met the scantily-clad undead femme that I would run into many times throughout the test.

After confusion as to which zepplin went to which areas, I finally made it to Vinnie, where we confused eachother with the different languages.

Of course, me being me, I had to stand tall and laugh about how I towered over Vinnie.

I made my way to the Undercity, where I encountered what had originally been the human King's chamber, and took the opportunity to sit in the throne.

October 07, 2004, 12:02:31 AM
Reply #9

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I would eventually work my way back to Durator, where I happened upon one of Uranium's fallen comrades in a river.

You know you'd hit it.

After mucking about in The Barrens, I found my way to Thunder Bluff, an amazing Tauren city situated on some very high cliffs.

At one point in time, I logged into the server about ten minutes before it was going to be rebooted. Everyone in the area decided it would be a great idea to go raid the Night Elves in the nearby forest. After seeing some level 27 spiders running about, attacking my comrades, I decided it would be best if I fled the area back to safety.

Eventually I discovered how to take screenshots without the UI interfering. I tested it first on this lovely young lady, who appears to not be wearing anything at all, but she is in fact wearing a silk shirt; Her skin is so pale that it matches the white of the shirt, thus appearing to be wearing nothing at all.

Riding the bats around Silverpine Forest and through the Undercity is a very cool trip.

On the final night of the stress test, many players all over the game's world decided to assault their enemies, which left many dead bodies and skeletons lying about outside of the Crossroads.

I followed a number of players to a ship in Rachet that took us to Booty Bay, which is just about where my adventure ultimately ended.

There are many screenshots of my adventures as Slate the Troll Shaman, as well as various characters that friends made. Overall, the stress test was a lot of fun, and it confirmed for me that this game is definitely going to be worth paying for when it's finally released.

October 07, 2004, 08:36:19 AM
Reply #10

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You know, if I'd travel to a place called "booty bay" for an hour and a half past super killer death gorillas, hidden jungle cats, and Naga, only to find a pirate cove, I'd be sorely disappointed. ;)

October 07, 2004, 11:05:36 PM
Reply #11

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Raiding Darkshore eh? If you look in the trees you might have seen me rooting your stragglers :)

Lolf, we went to Booty Bay to check it out, I got a parrot, and on the way, mastered Flying Tiger goggles so I got sporty new shades (as you can see). Was worth the trip to Ratchet where we ganked some undead :p.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 11:07:06 PM by Uranium - 235 »