Author Topic: Our Very Own Do0blex's Map...  (Read 37286 times)

December 07, 2003, 08:20:17 AM
Reply #40

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
yea dubb, add in a room with like 4 nodes, u can go in there but when a player is in there and another player pushes the close door button, the door closes and a trigger_push pushes the alien or rine out into space where they get _triggered hurt!!!!!, but i dunno hjow ull kill the res towers seeing how alien res towers build on thier own v_v

December 09, 2003, 06:36:59 AM
Reply #41

Satanic Monkey

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.thecatacombs.net
Can't wait for the map
Don't mess with me punk, I'll post in your

December 09, 2003, 07:36:38 AM
Reply #42

Zahl

• Lerker

• View Profile
You could make a trigger hurt that only gets activated by a certain event (it being teh button being pushed in this case). If you make the damage inflicted by the trigger hurt large enough, I would imagine the buildings would also be damaged.

December 09, 2003, 11:33:41 AM
Reply #43

Satanic Monkey

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
How much of this map has been completed¿

December 09, 2003, 02:10:14 PM
Reply #44

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Pshh.  Funny you should ask.  I haven't actually worked on it for a week now, as my interweb and computer are just basically pissing me off.  Snow sucks, too.

I'd say 15 percent.  if I'm lucky.  :p

December 09, 2003, 02:39:34 PM
Reply #45

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
It burns, it burns. Seems like we'll have a good time to wait.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 09, 2003, 04:05:33 PM
Reply #46

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Quality takes teh time  :huh:  :D

December 09, 2003, 04:39:14 PM
Reply #47

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Indeed it does. I have the patience though.

December 10, 2003, 06:11:04 AM
Reply #48

Satanic Monkey

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I can wait for it , i have the attention span of a person with a high attention *butterfly starts flying* oh look a butterfly *chases after butterfly*

December 14, 2003, 02:24:00 PM
Reply #49

TheChuckster

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://thechuckster.beigetower.org
You already know me from immediately recognizing you for your map when you joined LM.  :D

thechuckster.beigetower.org -- Finally a game site that's free.

December 27, 2003, 11:16:45 PM
Reply #50

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
good map ... me wants to play

gj dubb

December 28, 2003, 07:09:52 AM
Reply #51

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Well, we've got a bit of bad news, as well as a piece of good news.

The bad news first: ns_dubbilex is dead.  The architecture got so bastardized that I finally got the stupid "invalid surface extents error" - basically the be-all-to-end-all for a mapper.  What's more, old versions of the map get the very same error.  I actually have an inkling as to what caused it - I apparently had a small trojan on my system a few weeks back that corrupted some system files.  To remedy this, I ran Scandisk - for some reason or another, my mapping files had been among those files corrupted.  I got them to work again, but this incident makes me wonder...

Now the good news!  I've already begun reconstruction.  I nearly have an entirely new marine spawn/cliff area done (much better than the last - there were so many things I had wanted to change with ns_dubbilex but couldn't.  needless to say, the new marine start is much, much different and (I feel) a whole lot better.  I'm going to continue through the map - which won't take nearly as long, as I'm actually a competent mapper now (like I was not when I began ns_dubbilex.)

Wait a little while, and I should have a few screens up of my new and improved marine spawn :)

Don't cry, Uranium - it was better this way  :lol:  ^^

December 28, 2003, 11:02:47 AM
Reply #52

Satanic Monkey

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Why  :(  oh god why  :( , There is no God. Well i hope the new and improved  ns_dubbilex goes well. B)

December 28, 2003, 11:51:05 AM
Reply #53

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
This sucks, now we all have to wait even longer, but if it's gonna be better, I guess it's worth it.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 30, 2003, 08:45:20 AM
Reply #54

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I got something done!  Wooo!

Today, I am about to unveil three screens of my newly-rebuilt Marine start (and only my marine start, as I don't have anything else even remotely close to done  ^^ ).  

This angle suxx0rz, but I like the screen enough to post it.

And now the completely reworked and prettified cliffs.  Good news!  I've FINALLY gotten them to the way I want them - the lighting, size, shape - it was exactly what I was going for.  Be happy for me (anybody who has been following this map from the very beginning should know how much trouble I've had with the godforsaken cliffs  :p

Crits?  Suggestions?  Rocks?

December 30, 2003, 11:59:45 AM
Reply #55

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
On the very first screen there's a funny white border around the door. Whether or not it's supposed to be there, it looks funny. On the second shot, on the far right of the window there's... something... grey and textured poking out into the cliffs...

Looks nice ;) If I were you I'd add some sort of very simple antenna structure with a slowly blinking red light on top of the cliff edge.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 12:00:56 PM by Uranium - 235 »

December 30, 2003, 12:47:28 PM
Reply #56

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Quote from: Uranium - 235,Dec 30 2003, 06:59 PM
On the very first screen there's a funny white border around the door.

On the second shot, on the far right of the window there's... something... grey and textured poking out into the cliffs...

The border is just a lighted texture - if it looks goofy, it's gone.  Thanks :)

On the second shot, on the far right of the window there's... something... grey and textured poking out into the cliffs...

Yep - this is where the hallway curves around.  I'll post a VHE picture or two to show what I mean (ignore the blue null textures - I'm still deciding if the outside is worth the polies it would take to texture it :)):

[/QUOTE]If I were you I'd add some sort of very simple antenna structure with a slowly blinking red light on top of the cliff edge.[/quote]

Will do.  Thanks :)

December 30, 2003, 12:49:06 PM
Reply #57

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
And here's a second shot:

Note that the architecture that is textured gray is completely undetailed and unrefined - the interior screens that I posted earlier were basically all I have done (or close to it) :)

December 30, 2003, 01:29:29 PM
Reply #58

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
looks nice

i once did something similar to it for a TFC map, it was 2 bases in the mountains and it had a section that looked just like that

What are the names of your 3 hives gonna be?  Might I suggest names like "Pipeline" and "Generator"? (reasons for those are that if this is some place out in the middle of nowhere, the building needs some input/output of supplies, sewage, etc., thus the pipeline. and if it is remote, they need thier own power source, which is what a generator is for :) )

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

December 30, 2003, 01:54:55 PM
Reply #59

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
The naming of the hives is still a long way off ^^

When I DO get there, I'm making a promise right now: The names will not be repeats of ones already used.  There have got to be a billion "generator" hives in NS maps so far - I'm most definitely going to need some help thinking of fitting names that are at the same time unique and suited to the map theme.

Thanks for the comments ^^