Author Topic: Killing The Gaming Habit  (Read 8435 times)

September 21, 2004, 01:34:45 PM
Reply #40

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
actually I'm not that much of a drinker, but good look on catching the reference.

:D

but this is offtopic, back to helping lito escape his father

[edit]
and come to think of it, I wasn't actually trying to point that out, I was just pointing out that friday and saturday are typically party nights.
mission successfull <-- you get a cookie if you can tell me what mod that is from
[/edit]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 01:36:08 PM by That Annoying Kid »
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

September 21, 2004, 09:35:49 PM
Reply #41

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Lito, why don't you try succeding in school for the mean time, get all your S in order, do all your assignments and then when they are done tell your dad to go sit on his thumb becuase you've done all your school work / assorted chores and are spending your free time in a way you see fit, and since all your school work is done he can't go nazi on you. It's all about nullizifying their arguments.

Dealing with parents is so highschool  :rolleyes:
[snapback]29341[/snapback]

The problem about my father being a nazi is that he doesn't need a reason to be a nazi.  I finish all my work, assignments, and homework, so what does he tell me to do? Study, do extra work, etc.

Its not an argument if only one side has argument and the other refuses to honor them.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 09:36:26 PM by Lito »
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

September 21, 2004, 10:27:52 PM
Reply #42

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
in that case, stay under his radar until you turn 18, and get the eff out and go far away to some lesbian college
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

September 22, 2004, 05:34:37 PM
Reply #43

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
heh, with people not being able to play on lm, it makes finding the server with people you know and want to play with a bitch. I check lm a bunch but theres always... NEW people *shudders* and it scares me. So I just stay away. Mind you Ive gotten into better habits with less of the ns too I spose... mabe Im fazing it out!? OH NOES!

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

September 22, 2004, 08:52:58 PM
Reply #44

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
NS has always been a game, a hobby for me. If life demands something else take priority, so be it, I play less NS. NS is something I play in my spare time. Spare meaning when I have nothing else to do. That's how I believe games should be. They shouldn't get in the way of your real life, although they can be an important part. I play games to relax and enjoy the company of fellow people.

But I never forget one thing: Life, Work, School, they all come first.

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

September 23, 2004, 07:08:54 AM
Reply #45

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Life is defined as a chemical pattern capable of autonomously copying itself. So yeah, gaming doesn't really get into the way of life. Unless you forget to eat...

September 23, 2004, 12:52:17 PM
Reply #46

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Actually, I'm playing less, but it's okay with me. I'm doing more things IRL that I'll gladly trade for sitting in front of a PC. It's camping season for me so I'll be shuffling off to the mountains on weekends for some backpacking and stuff, but I won't disappears from NS.

To me, it's all about balance. It's funny to me that people go from one extreme to the other. Either they play games all their waking moments, or they give them up totally. I just play them as I feel, and make sure they aren't impeding on any other area of my life. Right now, I keep the same amount of time in front of my Pc, ubt since I'm "attempting" to map, it's replacing my normal NS time. And someone my wife works with just left to go into the gaming industry, and she just told me she's all cool for me trying to do something similar. SO I might spend more time learning programming or some such than playing. TBH, that  blink MOD of tankefugl's has piqued my curiosity in game programming.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

September 23, 2004, 01:57:35 PM
Reply #47

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
i got a few game dev hookups rad, pm me if you would like them.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman