Author Topic: Tattoo  (Read 4457 times)

September 12, 2004, 07:43:06 PM
Read 4457 times

BlaqWolf

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
okay, so i'm thinkin about gettin a tattoo... i talked it over with my parents and they're like, "yeah, whatever... go ahead." so i'm good.

so i went and looked around ( i went with a friend of mine when she got hers... so i looked thru alot) and found one i really liked. i'm pretty bent on it and pretty sure i wanna go thru with it...

my only question is, where should i get something like this? i kinda want it on my arm but i'm not a tattoo expert, so i dunno if it'd be stupid or what. i heard on my shoulder, but i'm not too crazy about that...

actually, i know what i want... i guess i just wanted outside opinions. tell me what you think of it and maybe give me some other suggestions....  :D

*edit: I R SPELLAR!!!*
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 07:45:01 PM by BlaqWolf »
*In Soviet Russia, armory humps you!

September 12, 2004, 07:45:05 PM
Reply #1

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I think tattoos are stupid. Lots of reasons, but little motivation to explain right now.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 07:45:20 PM by Uranium - 235 »

September 12, 2004, 09:23:54 PM
Reply #2

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
If you want a tattoo – I say go for it.  I got mine when I turned 18 and haven’t ever regretted it.  In fact, I’d get more but I’ve decided that I’d rather keep mine looking crisp and new – so ever few years I get it touched up…..

Ok, back on topic, I would put it on your arm.  Personally – I don’t much care for tattoos on guys anywhere but their arm.  Maybe it’s silly but the back or legs is just more of a feminine place for a tattoo (unless you go overboard and mark up your whole body :p)

Are you going to get more color shot into it or just the black/reddish tones?  Be sure to post a pic after it’s all said and done!

September 12, 2004, 09:27:32 PM
Reply #3

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Get a LM logo and put it on your chest.

Do it! Do it!

September 13, 2004, 10:05:39 AM
Reply #4

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
dunno. i could never do something like that :o i say try it as a temporary and see how it goes at first, at least. but if you really decide you like it that much, give it a night of sleep and then go for it if you still want to. about all i can say :D i don't know tatoos or anything so just some random advice i thought i could give.

September 13, 2004, 10:18:25 AM
Reply #5

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I have one on my back (shoulder blade), I like it as a spot because only the people you want to see it will see it.  So there's a possible place.  Upper calf is a pretty good place.  Upper arm is good except for the perception sometimes of it being "ghetto."

If you're worried about the decision, just put a waiting period for yourself.  I decided I wanted one when I was 18, waited and got it a year later, and I haven't regretted it a bit.  Doesn't sound like you're worried about it though.
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

September 13, 2004, 11:32:37 AM
Reply #6

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I just can't imagine "people you want to see it" could care at all. It's a picture. I could run up to you with that on paper and go 'SEE IT?' and you'd probably be thinking 'get away from me psycho', sticking it on your body permenantly? I see them once, think "neat". See it twice, think "meh", see it the third time and I'm sick of it.

And I find the wolf awfully cliche but there's no tattoo you can get now that isn't.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 11:32:58 AM by Uranium - 235 »

September 13, 2004, 12:38:08 PM
Reply #7

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Replace the wolf with a skulk, and have fun! :p

September 13, 2004, 12:57:51 PM
Reply #8

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
ick... don't people listen to the awesome wisdom that is Red versus Blue?

"I think it's very clear you should not get a tattoo, and I can sum up my point in this elegant, but very simple, bulleted list.

Number 1: Tattoos are permanent.
Number 2: You... are a goddamn idiot.

And I'd like to prove this mathematically if I may...
Take your current age.  Now subract 10 years from it.
Were you smart back then?  Of course you weren't!
You were a goddamn idiot!

Fact of the matter is, you're just of big an idiot today; it's just going to take you 10 more years to realise it.  Now think if you'd drawn a picture on your body 10 years ago... would you be happy with it today?
Chances are; you wouldn't be."

video

:rolleyes:

September 13, 2004, 03:02:55 PM
Reply #9

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Gem wins, close thread.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

September 13, 2004, 03:58:10 PM
Reply #10

Nuketheplace

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
Dam you Gemm, I was just about to post that.  You post stelear.

September 13, 2004, 04:04:39 PM
Reply #11

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
my posts are stellar?  Wow!!! thankyou! =D
~huggles nukey and purrs~

:ph34r:

September 13, 2004, 05:56:32 PM
Reply #12

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
yes, Gem wins.

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

September 13, 2004, 08:07:09 PM
Reply #13

BlaqWolf

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
well... thank you for all of your opinions! i shall take them deep into consideration... O.o

if i get it, i'll post it for those who care. for those who dont, eh.

really, thanks guys!

September 13, 2004, 10:58:56 PM
Reply #14

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
And I find the wolf awfully cliche but there's no tattoo you can get now that isn't.
[snapback]28776[/snapback]

That wouldn't be a cliché tattoo.  :p

September 14, 2004, 03:47:41 AM
Reply #15

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
ya tatty's are cool, i'd say get one, just dont put it in some place that could later become wrinkled with age because thats just fugly.

you'd end up with this bad ass tatty now, 10 15 or 20 years later gravity sets in and it doesnt look like a bear/dragon anymore and you are stuck with this disfigured hackjob on your body.

but then again it is your body and you can just wear long sleeve shirts the rest of your life also...  o_O
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

September 14, 2004, 06:46:46 AM
Reply #16

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Y'know, that artwork looks more like it'd belong in Doom than in NS. But yeah, if anything, get a Kharaa. At least people will ask wth "that thing on your shoulder/arm/wherever is".

September 14, 2004, 12:01:01 PM
Reply #17

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Put it on your forhead.  That way if someone asks you if you think wolves are cool you can just point at your forhead and they will realize they are idiots.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

September 14, 2004, 08:19:43 PM
Reply #18

Athena

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://blademaiden.net
I currently have two tattoos and a third under consideration.  What I would say is -

first of all.  this is going to be in your skin FOREVER - while laser tattoo removal does exist, it's extremely painful (moreso than the act of tattooing itself apparently) and horrendously expensive.  You've got time yet - finalize what you want on your skin, then SIT ON THE DESIGN for AT LEAST one year before you even go about actually getting it done.  Choose something that means something to you - just going "well, it looks cool" doesn't cut it.  That's EXACTLY the kind of tattoo you're going to regret later on down the road.

As for cliche - well, what isn't?  But like I said - if it means something to you, enough that you want it inked into your skin to be a part of you forever, well... I'd think by then, others making fun of it or thinking it's 'cliche' or whatever shouldn't even matter to you.  

September 14, 2004, 09:43:55 PM
Reply #19

BlaqWolf

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
As for cliche - well, what isn't?  But like I said - if it means something to you, enough that you want it inked into your skin to be a part of you forever, well... I'd think by then, others making fun of it or thinking it's 'cliche' or whatever shouldn't even matter to you.
[snapback]28930[/snapback]

i really love wolves... i've always been obsessed with em, and ever since i knew how to sketch i've been sketching them (i have many in my sketch book). so i was pretty sure i wanted a wolf. also, i really liked the design of that one. looked better than just a plain ol' wolf pic.

but yeah, i'll wait on it and see what i really feel. sorta had to anyway, as i'm short of money  v_v