Author Topic: Your Comming Style  (Read 18909 times)

February 28, 2005, 08:16:32 AM
Reply #80

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Ah yes, requests for medpacks/ammo. I tend to respond to these within one second, usually less. There are times when a marine calls for a medpack maybe after one bite, or two. Sometimes they call a bit earlier, then I am ready to drop them whenever needed.
Order requests, I go to these within 2 seconds. Medpacks and ammo first, though.

During a siege or other important time, I still respond to these calls quite quickly, as they are still just as vital to the marines during that time as any other.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

February 28, 2005, 08:23:33 AM
Reply #81

SgtFury

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Question:

When as a commander you "expand" and go for the res whats the best way to defend the base once they have a fade who pops in and out and keeps taking things out.

I ask this not for myself (of course) but I see this happening alot when marines try to expand quickly. No marines near base to stop it and res too low to beacon.
[snapback]41323[/snapback]

This is why I go for fast HMGs every game I play.  I drop myself a HMG right away and use that in combination with the obs to hop out as aliens move into base and cut them down.  Even fades will run from a HMG in base, especially if you can get a good bead on the fade as you hop out and track him around.  You need to defend  base yourself as the commander, that is your job once the game is rolling.  Voicecomm allows you to do your job in the chair, tell marines where and what to do, and defend base all without breaking a sweat or having to pause.  Seamless integration of all of these is what lets your marines focus on what they need to do while you keep the aliens pinned down outside base and helpless to stop your marines moving around.  

The main thing to worry about is the smart fade.  This fade will never leave marine start, it constantly harasses the crap out of marine start.  It takes an ambush of some type to get this fade.  Read my fade-killer article, I talk about this some.
[snapback]41895[/snapback]

Sounds a good plan Adj but yeah its those smart fades that are the most annoying.