Author Topic: Its Been A Long Long Time  (Read 2255 times)

August 12, 2004, 11:32:57 PM
Read 2255 times

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Earlier today I got slot kicked, so I decided to join some random pub, since I really felt like playing NS, and all my favorite servers were either full, empty, or running combat.  Map was nancy, I jumped into the random team thingy, and was forced aliens.  The timer counts down, and I decide to rush marine start via vents.  So I get hopelessly lost for a little while and eventually make my way to mother hive.  The res was already up, so I stayed skulk and decided to avoid the vents and make my way to marine start.

So I get to the entrance to marine start and head towards the first res node the rines always take.  BAM, I run right into a marine; bite bite, he's dead, 3 more marines at the node, I whiz around it, bite bite, another down, bite bite, one left, bite bite, gg 4 marines in a row.  Two freshly spawned marines rush down to save the node, one elects to take the door, the other to crawl through the vent.  I jump off the cieling, bite bite, door guy gets eaten, rush the vent, and I still get one bite off before he lmged me down.  

I couldn't belive there were players that bad, or I had gotten that good, I checked my slot... nope I'm slot three, and that bug was supposed to be fixed anyways.  At this point I had more than enough res to put up a hive so I dropped it and go back skulk.  The whole rest of the game pretty much went like that, I owned the marine team in encounter after encounter, racking up tonnes of kills.  Even after some newbie put up sense second (DC was first) I just cara, focus skulked and easily carried my team (who had gone 90% gorge).  The game ended with me onosing and some other guy fading and absolutly massacaring the marines, who attemted to turtle with HA, but couldn't get enough res to replace the HMG's and HA's we killed, I eventually had like 45-8 kills/deaths.

This experiance reminded me of how new I was, just less than a year ago at this game.  Playing on LM I'm often the guy who gets owned by 1337 H4X02 fades and good aimmed rines, but compared to the bulk of the comunity, the players here absolutly own.

That all being said, I want to express my appreciation for this comunity, and state that I hope we continue to do all we can for new players coming up.  This is a great game we play, so lets not elitetate against the newer player, for we were all them not so long ago  :D
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

August 13, 2004, 12:42:00 AM
Reply #1

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Total agreement.

Easy to fall into the trap of not appreciating LM. If in doubt, try a few rounds on any other server. Be amazed as despite the fact that ebnar serially owns you on LM, in any other pub YOU are the one handing out the pain, being called lame, and thrashing whole teams with fade "skills" that wouldn't keep you alive 20 seconds on LM.

FEEL THE LOVE!!
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

August 13, 2004, 06:20:03 AM
Reply #2

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Back when I was playing CS, it was kinda the same way. I played on a rather skilled server, and got my backside handed to me on a silver platter with gold filigree and inlaid gemstones, carried by a british butler whose family had been butlers for more generations than I'm years old, regularly. I still kept playing there because that's where all my rl friends played. Whenever I went somewhere else, I was amazed at how much pubbers suck, considering that even I, who sucked so bad, could own 'em up quite well. Until it dawned upon me that, maybe, you know, I had picked up a little skill through all those humiliations.

Conclusion? Skill is relative.

August 15, 2004, 11:57:37 PM
Reply #3

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Hafaf, this is why I enjoy joining those 20 player max CO only servers every so often ^_^, and stack marines(mvm maps tend to be in heavy rotation though...) and it makes me feel warm and cuddly being at the top of the scoreboard a lot :D, just need that shirtgun! A break from friendly fire helps too, although I do find myself shotgunning teammates in the face less often when I hear a noise.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

August 16, 2004, 03:56:43 PM
Reply #4

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
yup.  I know how it is.

I have a friend who palys ns, and he absolutely refuses to paly with me on LM(maninly because he doesnt like to lose), so i go play on his server.  Now, on lm, you all know how easy it is to kill me, and how i can (usually) just break even.  

On my frineds server, i ran 45/2(or something VERY close).  The admins were screaming "HOLY JESUS OMGWTFHAXBBQ!!" at me.  Of course, it was combat.  But then, a skulk versus heavy i think we know who should win.  But as a skulk i could take out a pair of heavies with shotties.  

The server also ran some crazy plugin that let me get to level 21.  And i was onos.  ANd  then they told i couldnt devour or stomp, because its "cheap".  

Anyway, i do the opposite in cs.  i find a server, go paly, and get CRUNCHED.  like a bug in a blender wiht a bunch of frogs. Im dead whether or not the blender turns on or not.  

LM is a very good server, and alot of people dont realise it because they only gradually get better.  The difference is only real when you go back to a server you played on before LM.
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

August 18, 2004, 08:55:45 AM
Reply #5

johnjacobjingle

• Gorge

• View Profile
then you come to this forum while your steam is screwed up and all you can think is "^^."

we will return!

aka "mary"  thanks to Mr. Bill.
aka "let me stab your face"  if i'm feeling like starting a knife brigade or 3
"Drop Bill at JHunz. Build Bill, research relocation upgrade. WIN!" -necrosis...wow