Author Topic: Commrage  (Read 4479 times)

August 08, 2004, 07:19:39 PM
Read 4479 times

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Hey I just want to apologize to all of you people out there who have been unfairly subjected to my rather severe cases of commrage.  You see, I absolutely hate it when people refuse to comm, and then criticize the one who does.  Usually i just ignore you, or mute you, but sometimes i'm just ahving a bad day and hence, then Commrage.  That, and some people just piss me off.......So, I apologize.   End Apology.
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

August 08, 2004, 10:22:42 PM
Reply #1

johnjacobjingle

• Gorge

• View Profile
omg my little brother got angry and i missed it!?

*stabs self*
i can't believe it!

no not the middle littel one, he and i know how to get abgry, the little little one never does!  OMG my little bear is growing up!

aka "mary"  thanks to Mr. Bill.
aka "let me stab your face"  if i'm feeling like starting a knife brigade or 3
"Drop Bill at JHunz. Build Bill, research relocation upgrade. WIN!" -necrosis...wow

August 08, 2004, 10:57:20 PM
Reply #2

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Jeyser, the one who complained, is an eletist (and the skill to back up his arrogance tbh).  Don't let him get to you.  More practice.  Become faster.  Get a mic.
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

August 08, 2004, 11:17:23 PM
Reply #3

Magmatron

• Onos

• View Profile
On that note, folks need to stop bitching about their commanders. Often as not, nobody else wants to do the job, and rightly so. It's difficult, demanding, and decides whether or not the game is lost. If you do not like your commander, you vote his ass out of the chair and hop in yourself. I'm not going to stand for any bitch fests about a lack of medpacks or crappy commanding. You need to give these people the respect they deserve.

TyrNem...blah blah blah

August 08, 2004, 11:19:39 PM
Reply #4

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You have commrage? I've never noticed it. Obviously niteowl hasn't commed enough lately (COUGH HINT NITEOWL COUGH) and people have forgotten what real commrage is like coming from a 10th level inner circle dark master of commrage.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

August 09, 2004, 12:11:09 AM
Reply #5

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
Commraging is fun :)

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

August 09, 2004, 12:43:34 AM
Reply #6

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Kodiac, I'd say you have every right you get angry at your marines; You're the one making the deciding factors of the game, and giving you greif or not following orders isn't going to help anything.

Ness, it might be better to go tell that to the folks that are bitching at the commander. I'm sure most of the regulars here are mature enough to know better; we wouldn't be regulars if we didn't.

August 09, 2004, 12:45:42 AM
Reply #7

Athena

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://blademaiden.net
Be glad my commrage is restricted to what I can manage to cram in between typing orders...   >:|

August 09, 2004, 01:04:04 AM
Reply #8

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
omg my little brother got angry and i missed it!?

*stabs self*
i can't believe it!

no not the middle littel one, he and i know how to get abgry, the little little one never does!  OMG my little bear is growing up!
[snapback]25481[/snapback]
God, how many of you are there  :p
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

August 09, 2004, 02:05:40 AM
Reply #9

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
nothing wrong with a touch of commrage to get the rines in order. just make sure it's not the kind that demoralizes your troops.

"War educates the senses, calls into action the will, perfects the physical constitution, brings men into such swift and close collision in critical moments that man measures man. " - RW Emerson

commrage should be surgical in its application and uplifting in it's effect. at least in the aspect of making the rines have a sense of urgency and cohesion.

the only _real_ commrage i've ever had is against folks who jsut don't follow orders. most of the 'commrage' that i heap upon the denizens of LM is just yelling to get to wps. makes the game seem more immersive ;D
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

August 09, 2004, 02:37:25 AM
Reply #10

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
nothing wrong with a touch of commrage to get the rines in order. just make sure it's not the kind that demoralizes your troops.

"War educates the senses, calls into action the will, perfects the physical constitution, brings men into such swift and close collision in critical moments that man measures man. " - RW Emerson

commrage should be surgical in its application and uplifting in it's effect. at least in the aspect of making the rines have a sense of urgency and cohesion.

the only _real_ commrage i've ever had is against folks who jsut don't follow orders. most of the 'commrage' that i heap upon the denizens of LM is just yelling to get to wps. makes the game seem more immersive ;D
[snapback]25512[/snapback]
Wow, I would rine under you any day, I can't think of anything I hate more than a team of lethargic rambos  :angry:

The whole reason I don't com very often... No mike = no yelling at nubbies  :p
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

August 09, 2004, 07:13:31 AM
Reply #11

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
If you've been comm'd under niteowl, he's like in constant commrage mode; even when he's not commraging!  Screaming over mic really does help motivate the team.
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

August 09, 2004, 07:46:19 AM
Reply #12

Asurada

• Skulk

• View Profile
I am the 'i don't care' kind of person, so whenever my team goes rambo everywhere on the map i will just let them do it and see what happens. I enjoy watching my rambo team members die.
waffles! waffles! waffles!
>>COMM CAN YOU DROP ME SOME WAFFLES?<<
waffles! waffles! waffles!
<(^o^<)no waffles for Lito!!!(>^o^)>

August 09, 2004, 07:48:51 AM
Reply #13

johnjacobjingle

• Gorge

• View Profile
it does indeed.  until i kinda slowed down on the whole comming scene, i used to comm the same way as nite(maybe not the exact same, but with much commrage to be sure).  constant insults and much yelling over the voice spam of the regular marines(those not leet enough to sit down, obviously us comms deserve to be heard) seems to work when it comes to getting stuff done.  "comm elec this --" "MOVE TO YOUR WAYPOINT YOUR MOTHER IS A HAMSTER!"   "but we need to--"  "i'm the one sitting down!  if you can make me stand up and sit down yourself, THEN you can comm!  DO WHAT I SAY PLEASE!"  "comm phasegate here"  "*click*  WHAT?!?!?  you're on the opposite side of the map from the rest of the team AND the alien hive1  why the H*** would i drop you a phase gate!  MOVE YOUR A**!"

usually works *grins*, even not, it's fun to be able to insult people and not get yelled at for it :-)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 07:49:31 AM by johnjacobjingle »

aka "mary"  thanks to Mr. Bill.
aka "let me stab your face"  if i'm feeling like starting a knife brigade or 3
"Drop Bill at JHunz. Build Bill, research relocation upgrade. WIN!" -necrosis...wow

August 09, 2004, 09:27:48 AM
Reply #14

Asal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Kodiac's commrage isn't as bad over the internet as it is in person.  When I look over and see a red face, with glowing red eyes, and Kodiac about to take that axe next to his computer and hunt down all the marines, it gets pretty inspirational!  (Yes, his face does get red, but don't tell him that.)
Asal 'The Unforgiving'
Fedaykin, Warrior of the Desert Mouse

"I will live to be immortal...or die trying!"

August 09, 2004, 11:49:52 AM
Reply #15

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
BM's commrage for the win. When he goes "Starscream" it just inspires me to act.

Me = Big Starscream fan.

(If anyone doesn't understand, watch Transformers: The Movie, specifically any scene involving Starscream cracking up. Bingo!)

When I'm comming, and I'm the nub comm of nub comms, I don't rage, I just stop dropping meds and such. Although people do rage at me, so I feel better, safe and snug in my little chair while they suffer spam devour. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW???

Although, it has to be said, this is only when we're losing. I do try and improve and I'm always the first to say "next time you comm". If anything, its made other people race me to the chair. See? MOTIVATION.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

August 09, 2004, 12:06:55 PM
Reply #16

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
If you've been comm'd under niteowl, he's like in constant commrage mode; even when he's not commraging!  Screaming over mic really does help motivate the team.
[snapback]25526[/snapback]

yes, although, i forgot to mention, i tend to instant commrage to make up for other defects *cough*no strategy/tactical sense*cough*. play a REAL rts pwning me[\s] playing against me, you'll see what i mean.

hmm, jacob.. interestnig ideas

"GET TO YOUR WAYPOINT!! YOUR MOTHER WAS A HAMSTER AND YOUR FATHER SMELT OF ELDERBERRIES!!" .. that really works! :o
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

August 09, 2004, 01:38:08 PM
Reply #17

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
niteowl is the undisputed king of commrage, if he actually is on the server. i remember 1 game on ns_nancy. things are pretty close. 2 guys with the same clan tag join marines. niteowl is trying to get everyone to attack port hive, but the 2 guys just run off. they do this multiple times. finally niteowl snaps in an unholy orgy of curse words and admin_kicks.  :lol: i was just enjoying the show, it was more entertaining than a week of ns.

August 09, 2004, 09:46:11 PM
Reply #18

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Hehe, I remember that fatty. Good times, good times. :D
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

August 09, 2004, 09:49:01 PM
Reply #19

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
nite's commrage will get the marines to do what they are supposed to do and if they don't well that is what that little green icon near his name is for.  

so far under all the coms i have been a grunt under rage comes in full force where nite is concerned though others do have good rage attacks every now and then
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]