Author Topic: My Friend's Gonna Be Dming A D&d Game Over Irc  (Read 5705 times)

July 29, 2004, 10:07:57 PM
Reply #20

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
*cries* ....

NASAL!  There... I feel much better now
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

July 30, 2004, 06:31:17 PM
Reply #21

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I can run a Shadowrun game if you heathens know the rules :D

July 30, 2004, 07:02:16 PM
Reply #22

Hida Tsuzua

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Shadowrun would be interesting with U-235 as a GM.  And yes, I'll send you D56 Shadowrun once I'm done.

Lamarck's Heir
Thanks to Dubbilex for the sig and Pjofsky for hosting!

July 30, 2004, 07:11:05 PM
Reply #23

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I know someone's going to get at least annoyed at me with asking, but what is Shadowrun?

July 30, 2004, 11:01:05 PM
Reply #24

Hida Tsuzua

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Shadowrun is a cyberpunk/fantasy mix.  Think Bladerunner meets Tolkien for starters.  The basic idea is while the future become a near future dystopia, magic returned to the world.  You play as shadowrunner, criminials hired by corporations to do various illegal things.  It's a great setting if the rules have their problems.

Learn more here

It should be noted that the above link leads to a Shadowrun Duels site, a different game set in the same universe.

Lamarck's Heir

July 30, 2004, 11:45:38 PM
Reply #25

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The rules in Shadowrun can be complex but house rules cover a lot - I prefer instead of 'overdone' to think of them as 'complete'. You can play the game how you want - Remove all magic from the game if you like. Make it a Deckerfest.

If you're up for a Shadowrun game of sorts, let me know... if you know shadowrun and you can GM let me know too since I vastly prefer playing to GMing (Some people prefer GMing to playing, like comming in NS)

Unfortunately the rules are far too complex to explain here. If we do do the game you need:

1) SR3
2) CC
3) SRComp
4) M&M
5) R3 - Not really necessary but nice to have.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 11:46:44 PM by Uranium - 235 »

July 31, 2004, 01:16:13 AM
Reply #26

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
I'm in for Shadowrun :D Haven't played or read it in a while, so i'm rusty.
And about the books, i have:

SR3
CC
M&M
MitS(magic expansion)
SRComp
Matrix
Corperate Download(Corp sourcebook).

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

July 31, 2004, 01:56:29 AM
Reply #27

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Won't be needing Matrix - It's a fun book to have but Decking can be really boring for other players :p

SRComp and SR3 are of course the big two you NEED. M&M and CC gimp you if you don't have em but I guess they're not mandatory...

BTW I'll be running this on the forums - In our FanFic section - this works rather well since I've seen it used on a forum before - it's organized and lets you plan out longer, though it does tend to be a bit slower paced.

Direct all inquiries to the FANFIC forum :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2004, 01:58:05 AM by Uranium - 235 »

July 31, 2004, 02:22:41 AM
Reply #28

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
erh, i wouldn't say that CC is really needed, unless you want to make a gun yourself, if you just want the guns that are already made, then a gunlist can do it, and i think i made one such and sent it to RPG hoard i think, did it a long time ago, and it wasn't complete iirc, i think it had everything up to shotguns.

Oh an yes, Matrix probably isn't needed, i just brought it since...well i had money to burn :p, the times i've played we did it without Matrix, so well....

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

July 31, 2004, 03:01:18 AM
Reply #29

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
erh, i wouldn't say that CC is really needed, unless you want to make a gun yourself, if you just want the guns that are already made, then a gunlist can do it, and i think i made one such and sent it to RPG hoard i think, did it a long time ago, and it wasn't complete iirc, i think it had everything up to shotguns.

Oh an yes, Matrix probably isn't needed, i just brought it since...well i had money to burn :p, the times i've played we did it without Matrix, so well....
Yeah CC is less necessary but some of the rules in there are nice to know, and the massively expanded weaponry list is a godsend :D

July 31, 2004, 07:41:26 AM
Reply #30

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
well yes the new weapons are nice, but you can just have a weap list, with a notice of which weapons has special rules, and BAM! you're settled, and btw, why qouting the post just above your own post :p

July 31, 2004, 10:32:03 AM
Reply #31

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
hmmm... RP on IRC?  I'd almost be tempted if it wasn't too late to join and I've got stuff to do =3

July 31, 2004, 10:58:42 AM
Reply #32

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Holy crap it's Gem come back from the grave D:

July 31, 2004, 11:01:20 AM
Reply #33

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
lol, I've always been around silly; just been busy :p

July 31, 2004, 11:25:39 AM
Reply #34

Cartman2b

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.fftclan.com
The shadowrun game on the SNES was great :o

July 31, 2004, 12:06:31 PM
Reply #35

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
lol, I've always been around silly; just been busy :p
You never call.... you never write... sometimes... I think you just *sob* don't care about us anymore!

July 31, 2004, 03:59:01 PM
Reply #36

Athena

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://blademaiden.net
Shadowrun was freaking awesome, though I only read some of the books a LONG long time ago.

I guess I'm more used to free-form no-rules, no-dice RP (textbased MUSH-style), but do you think it would be okay if I maybe just sit in and watch? ^^

July 31, 2004, 04:05:52 PM
Reply #37

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I'm doing it over the forums (It's easier to coordinate, since it requires no coordination for timezones and such, and I can abuse your posts if you get out of hand :D)

July 31, 2004, 07:01:22 PM
Reply #38

Hida Tsuzua

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
The other rulebooks are nice, but really are needed for everyone.  I mean M&M has some nice cyberware and the even better counterpart bioware, MiTS has all sorts of magic junk, but they really aren't needed.  As for guns, The Shadowrun Gun Page.

Lamarck's Heir