Author Topic: Ns_hydrosity Bug  (Read 6311 times)

December 14, 2003, 02:10:32 PM
Read 6311 times

TheChuckster

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://thechuckster.beigetower.org
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but:

I was recently the commander at ns_hydrosity and I was trying to build a TF, but I couldn't in any of the tunnels outside it, making a seige pretty much impossible because I'm sure that the ledge outside of it where the tunnels intersect (the only place I could drop stuff) would make it out of range.

Any how. Thought I'd let you know, if any of the mappers are part of the community.

thechuckster.beigetower.org -- Finally a game site that's free.

December 14, 2003, 03:25:19 PM
Reply #1

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Do you mean the hive with the gate-like things around it, and the ground is slanted in towards the middle? If so, I think it's because the ground is slanted.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 14, 2003, 07:07:38 PM
Reply #2

BlaqWolf

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
it's marine-oriented enough as it is! let the poor marsians have something to hang on to! even if it's something as little as not being able to seige their hive
*In Soviet Russia, armory humps you!

December 15, 2003, 02:11:16 AM
Reply #3

PS_Mouse

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
As Malevolent and BlaqWolf said, this is an intentional feature to prevent the hive from being utterly impoossible for the aliens to hold. If you do want to siege you can do so from the flat approaches, within the node room or within the hive chamber itself.

December 15, 2003, 04:12:55 AM
Reply #4

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Actually, neither of them outright said so, so thanks for clearing that up.

December 15, 2003, 04:14:57 AM
Reply #5

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I remember playing a game on ns_hyrdrosity and we built the tf on the little ledge and some seiges -- we didn't succeed since it was so hard to stop skulks with cloaking from taking them down. They pwned us so bad, and then the onos came.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 16, 2003, 11:51:55 PM
Reply #6

Gunner2k

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://gunner2k.250free.com
Yes, the Pipeline Hive, or so I think it's called, the floor's leading directly into the hive are slanted, making it impossible to build on it, or even gestate on it. It is possible though to build on the cliffs next to the wall, because they are flat, There are more bugs on this map then only this though. For instance, Fading on the map is just deadly to yourself and a waste of rescources, going into to the Marines spawn is a helluva hard time because you always get stuck in spots when you are blinking out and that can make your game go from fun to failure in a very short time.  ^^

December 18, 2003, 05:50:28 AM
Reply #7

PS_Mouse

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
Bugs or intentional design decisions... I wonder... ^^

I'm sure you ahve all noticed by now that hydrosity doesn't exactly follow the stereotypical 'NS Maps for Dummies' guidelines. That was the whole point of Hydrosity really. I guess it is my little show of defiance.

<AllOtherNSMaps> WTF, you can't do that!
<Hydrosity> Watch me.

:D